EDGE STALLING // Throttle body thread

Cman

• 3 years later...

i am new to this forum, but have a repeat problem with 2011 Edge SEL stalling.  It has 3.5l engine and 41,000 miles.  My father has driven it mostly short trips since car was new.  Car stalled from August, 2019.  I pro-actively replaced TB with aftermarket based on forum comments.  No help.  Car was at Ford dealership in Romeo, MI for 12 weeks.  The charged $500 for PCM update and new O2 sensor.  No help.  Separate mechanic replaced all spark plugs and coils and left valve cover (oil in intake tube).  No help. Car has lack of power and will stall almost every time its driven.  I get codes for cylinder 1 and 4 misfire, several camshaft position sensor, throttle actuator control module processor, and O2 stuck lean.  I reset the codes, drive the car some more and similar group of codes is set. 

Any ideas?  bad PCM, bad PCM ground, alternator sending noise into system.  Is an aftermarket TB supposed to fix problem?

• 1 month later...

Mine was replaced for free on my 2011 3.7 Mustang. Mine was working fine and so is the new one. This was done a few years ago. I'm sure if you order one from your local Ford dealer, it will be a 'good' one. I believe they are less than $100 and very simple to replace yourself :)

This was done under a Customer Satisfaction Program that said, 'some' 2011-2012 Ford 3.7L and 3.5l v6's might have problems with the throttle body. I got a letter from Ford to have mine replaced. This program expired (I think around 2016)

Edited by David Young