2015 Edge Dealer Source book mostly all questions answered with this

exodus

• 1 month later...

Regarding EPA MPG numbers for the Edge, I would have to figure that Ford is the hold-up here. They had a debacle with the MPG numbers for the Escape when it first came out....My mileage was so bad, that the Ford Powertrain and Transmission Engineers actually put a "Black Box" in my car to try and figure it out....This was a huge a problem to where a Task Force Team would meet every morning from around the world via teleconferencing, including Marc Fields to try and figure it out. I dont know if they did in fact fix the issue, as I turned in the Escape before any remedy of the issue was brought to my attention. The 2.0 Ecoboost that I had, got worse mileage than my 3.7l Sport edge! both in the city as well as the highway. Ultimately, I believe that Ford got into some trouble with the EPA becasue of this. I would think that because of this issue, that Ford is waiting until the last possible minute to disclose this info as they continue to test internally to make sure that their numbers are infact attainable and not "pie-in-the-sky" wishes. Some issue come from switching suppliers for parts midstream during the production run. Might be a $5.00 part that causes the breakdown of performance so I would think that they are being very, very careful. Not to mention, that this as well as the F-150 are first 'NEW" releases by Marc Fields, since Mullaly has stepped down and I am positive that "he" wants nothing to go wrong as all the shareholders hold their breath for both of these vehicle launches. My 2015 Edge Titanium is scheduled to be built the last week of this month. Hopefully I will take delivery "pre launch" as I have in the past with my vehicles, wife works at HQ. I will post 'Printed MPG Estimates" vs "real-world numbers" when I do take delivery.

Ha Ha it states this "Transmission filled for life to reduce cost of ownership" really? and this fluid will still be good at 300K miles?

Every Ford has stated that for several years now. Ford considers the "life" to be 150K.

As for the EPA numbers, it's been pretty standard timing to not publish the numbers until just about Job 1. The testing is done on the first batch of vehicles built at the plant, and that's always only about 3 months before the Job 1.

Edited by Waldo

Great question....i dont know...my wife works for Ford and I am on her executive spouse lease program. We ordered the vehicle in September thru Ford's internal website...didnt have much to go on, just some very vague descriptions of packages, equipment, etc. Usually they give us a key at the end that will calculate the payment for us, but there was no pricing whatesover...not that the pricing really means anything anyway....for example on this program, I am driving currently a 2014 Lincoln MKS, sticker $52,000.00 for $412.00/month with "unlimited" mileage, I have 38k on it now I got it last January, includes ALL maintenance both scheduled and unscheduled (brakes, tires, windshields, everything) and also includes full coverage insurance. All I do is put gas in it. They tend to get us into these New release vehicles even befiore they hit the dealerships I think to get some exposure on the road as well as "real world" feedback. I had my second generation Edge Sport 2 months before anyone else had one. I was constantly asked "what is that a BMW? Must have been the 22's on that bad boy. But that car my payment monthly was $385.00. So I guess to answer your question, preobably not more than $400.00/month for 12-15 months whenever Ford says I need to get into another car.

When I ordered the 2015 Edge I was allowed to get a new Fusion, MKZ, MKC or Edge. I chose the Edge. I drive about 40k a year and prefer a heavy feeling vehicle. The Edge is nice for all the driving that I do. I would have ordered the Sport, but I wanted a Light colored interior this time, getting tired of the black interiors and the silver exterior that I always get. In order to get a light interior I had to order the Titanium as theSport only comes in black interior. I ordered the Magnetic Matallic and the Soft Ceramic Leather Perferated leather, 20" polished aluminum wheel package and the 302 package with the roof. Basically everything you could get in the vehicle. With the great pricing that I am fortunate to have, why not get everything?

My excitement is building to finally see this baby. Very few pictures available online at this point. I am going to a Pre Detroit Auto Show Ford unveiling this weekend. I assume that the Edge as well as the F-150 will be there as Marc Fields speaks about Ford going forward this year.

• Like 1

Great question....i dont know...my wife works for Ford and I am on her executive spouse lease program. We ordered the vehicle in September thru Ford's internal website...didnt have much to go on, just some very vague descriptions of packages, equipment, etc. Usually they give us a key at the end that will calculate the payment for us, but there was no pricing whatesover...not that the pricing really means anything anyway....for example on this program, I am driving currently a 2014 Lincoln MKS, sticker $52,000.00 for $412.00/month with "unlimited" mileage, I have 38k on it now I got it last January, includes ALL maintenance both scheduled and unscheduled (brakes, tires, windshields, everything) and also includes full coverage insurance. All I do is put gas in it. They tend to get us into these New release vehicles even befiore they hit the dealerships I think to get some exposure on the road as well as "real world" feedback. I had my second generation Edge Sport 2 months before anyone else had one. I was constantly asked "what is that a BMW? Must have been the 22's on that bad boy. But that car my payment monthly was $385.00. So I guess to answer your question, preobably not more than $400.00/month for 12-15 months whenever Ford says I need to get into another car.

When I ordered the 2015 Edge I was allowed to get a new Fusion, MKZ, MKC or Edge. I chose the Edge. I drive about 40k a year and prefer a heavy feeling vehicle. The Edge is nice for all the driving that I do. I would have ordered the Sport, but I wanted a Light colored interior this time, getting tired of the black interiors and the silver exterior that I always get. In order to get a light interior I had to order the Titanium as theSport only comes in black interior. I ordered the Magnetic Matallic and the Soft Ceramic Leather Perferated leather, 20" polished aluminum wheel package and the 302 package with the roof. Basically everything you could get in the vehicle. With the great pricing that I am fortunate to have, why not get everything?

My excitement is building to finally see this baby. Very few pictures available online at this point. I am going to a Pre Detroit Auto Show Ford unveiling this weekend. I assume that the Edge as well as the F-150 will be there as Marc Fields speaks about Ford going forward this year.

wow! Nice deal...

I have a 2012 Edge Lmtd lease that expires in March. Need to find out from local dealers what the non-MSRP lease price is. Ford's site shows nothing.