2016 Lincoln MKX

blitz118

That's because the button on those was originally up next to the radio so they would hold the button down with their thumb while operating the touchscreen. By moving it away from the touchscreen you eliminate that problem. I guess it's still possible but not nearly as probable in the new location.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The 2.7 V6 EB is a very underated engine. In the F150, it's performance is closer to the 3.5 EB than the numbers would have you think. It's also a more modern engine than the 3.5 EB. The 3.5 EB is due for an upgrade soon....with more power and TQ.

I don't think a Lincoln owner will be disappointed with the 2.7 EB, and if he is....perhaps he bought the wrong vehicle. Perhaps a 5.0 Mustang w/b a better fit.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw a 2016 mix up close last week. Interestingly the "fin" that is on the rear roof line of the edge for the satellite receiver, is not extended into the air like on the edge. It is more like "low bump" would be under a rug or carpet. Very nicely hidden. Also, while sitting in the mkx and looking down the hood, it doesn't have those "rails" that the edge does to this day my eyes constantly look at those things like they are out of place. The interior is very similar to the edge titanium in leather quality and stitching. The dash i think is nicer in that it gives 2 dials permanently on the dash, one is a tach and the other a speedometer. Classy looking as they are outlined in chrome and nicely backlit. I didn't have too much time to really look at the entire exterior next my edge, but I thought I saw was that the lines of the body panels were different in their placement. There was no shift lever either. It was touch for gearshift just like in the MKZ. Really opens up that center console. Weird not having something to rest your hand on as my wife has a MKZ right now. The touch to shift takes some getting used to. I like on my edge, that I can just downshift into "s" with the gearshift. I don't know if there is a "s" button that you would reach up and push on the dash of the MKX. From The pics above, it looks like Lincoln has finally out some nice rims on this thing. When I had my sport with the "22's" the gm at the Lincoln dealer that I get my service done at couldn't believe how nice they were and always told me that he was very upset that Lincoln didn't have a nice rim like the the standard sport rims. He actually we out and equipped a few MKX's that he had on the lot that were new with aftermarket "22's" that looked really sharp and like they belonged on the vehicle. I would think that the "black label" trim Packages might offer something above and beyond. I don't what the "black label" trim costs, but I am sure that it isn't cheap and that having a special rim Would help me personally to "justify" the additional money.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oops! I continued a discussion on the MKX on the Edge thread, but it really belongs here.

My local dealer has two 2016 MKX models in, one for test drives and one in the showroom.

My wife drove it today, and was impressed. Neither one was for actual sale, even though they have window stickers on them. They were actual production models.

The dealer said they expect the first units for sale to arrive in 2-3 weeks.

Also, the dealer said that they were Sync 3, and the screen did look somewhat different from my current Sync 2, but I forgot to double check it because Sync is not a big deal for my wife.

The pic is of the invoice they gave me today for a high-end one they have on order. I have an X-Plan pin (Ford stockholder).

http://findlaylincol...ze=10&Model=MKX

post-32152-0-22062500-1439258984_thumb.jpg

Oops! I continued a discussion on the MKX on the Edge thread, but it really belongs here.

My local dealer has two 2016 MKX models in, one for test drives and one in the showroom.

My wife drove it today, and was impressed. Neither one was for actual sale, even though they have window stickers on them. They were actual production models.

The dealer said they expect the first units for sale to arrive in 2-3 weeks.

Also, the dealer said that they were Sync 3, and the screen did look somewhat different from my current Sync 2, but I forgot to double check it because Sync is not a big deal for my wife.

The pic is of the invoice they gave me today for a high-end one they have on order. I have an X-Plan pin (Ford stockholder).

http://findlaylincol...ze=10&Model=MKX

Checking the window sticker for the VIN in your attached image, it has "SYNC W/MYLINCOLN TOUCH" which is Sync 2 not the newer system.

Checking the window sticker for the VIN in your attached image, it has "SYNC W/MYLINCOLN TOUCH" which is Sync 2 not the newer system

Who knows? It is hard to get good info on a new model, for some reason.

Here is a link that the Lincoln Conceirge just sent me for the 2016 MKX. Said 2016 has it. Looks like Sync 3 to me, but what do I know?

http://owner.lincoln.com/how-tos.html/?sync=sync-3&model=MKZ&year=2012

The 2016 MKX I test drove Saturday was sync 2, and I even had the sales person to ask the manager if sync 3 would be available on Job 2 of the MKX. Of course they did not know... But I did test drive the 2016 MKC, and it did have sync 3, and just as advertised it was very responsive. But the MKC is toooooo small, and for the same price about you could get a load Edge with more features.

If someone can go to the 2016 MKX build site and point out where it says that it comes with Sync 2, I would like the link.

That way I can e-mail Ford to tell them that their Conceirge system is lacking in accuracy, to put it mildly.

BTW, shipping a brand new platform with 5+ year old technology is just pathetic. I guarantee that there will be some buyers very surprised to find out their new baby has that old, problematic sync version. Oh well.

Caveat emptor.

Who knows? It is hard to get good info on a new model, for some reason.

Here is a link that the Lincoln Conceirge just sent me for the 2016 MKX. Said 2016 has it. Looks like Sync 3 to me, but what do I know?

http://owner.lincoln.com/how-tos.html/?sync=sync-3&model=MKZ&year=2012

Nowhere does that site say the 2016 mkx has sync3. You select whether your vehicle has sync 2 MyLincolnTouch or sync3

The 2016 MKX does have the new hardware to support sync 3. I'm still unsure if they will ship with it or not, but if it ships with my Lincoln touch you will be able to upgrade it to sync 3.

I was also worried about not having sync 3 but it does indeed have the new screen and hardware built into it already.

The 2016 MKX does have the new hardware to support sync 3. I'm still unsure if they will ship with it or not, but if it ships with my Lincoln touch you will be able to upgrade it to sync 3.

I was also worried about not having sync 3 but it does indeed have the new screen and hardware built into it already.

If that's the case then a job 2 switch to sync 3 and a free software upgrade would make sense. And that would confirm that there is still some software problem that hasn't been fully fixed yet on the MKX. My guess is it's related to the climate control module or Revel audio.

Well, I can cross the 2016 MKX off my shopping list. Looks like the 2016 Edge will get Sync 3 before the MKX, now scheduled for 2017.

What could Ford be thinking?

attachicon.gifCapture.JPGattachicon.gifSync.JPG

Don't know your source for the Sync3 rollout, but it is now outdated as it was already announced back in June that Sync 3 will be on the 2016 F-150. So it might change for other models also.

Just bought my 2015 Edge Titanium a few months back, so not too concerned about the upcoming 2016 Lincoln. But I'm curious.

So, does the fact that the 2016 Lincolns coming with Sync-2 mean that they come with the old hardware? If they come with the new hardware, but Sync-2, I would think that a firmware update down the road would fix everything. Anyone know?

Don't know your source for the Sync3 rollout, but it is now outdated as it was already announced back in June that Sync 3 will be on the 2016 F-150. So it might change for other models also.

If you look at that news release, it said that the 2016 Ford F-series was "Unclear", at that time.

Since the 2016 MKX is in the showrooms with Sync 2, the news release is correct in expecting Sync 3 in the 2017 MKX.

Right now, anything else is wishful thinking, is it not?

But we will see.