2016 Lincoln MKX

blitz118

The 2016 MKX does have the new hardware to support sync 3. I'm still unsure if they will ship with it or not, but if it ships with my Lincoln touch you will be able to upgrade it to sync 3.

I was also worried about not having sync 3 but it does indeed have the new screen and hardware built into it already.

If that's the case then a job 2 switch to sync 3 and a free software upgrade would make sense. And that would confirm that there is still some software problem that hasn't been fully fixed yet on the MKX. My guess is it's related to the climate control module or Revel audio.

The 2016 does not have the new hardware to support SYNC 3. The screen for MFT and SYNC 3 are different. The 2016 MKX has a resistive screen like almost all checkout counter signature pinpads where you have to actually push down on the screen for a response. Meanwhile, SYNC 3 uses a capacitive screen like the iPhone does.

Source: I've driven the 2016 MKX and can confirm that is has a resistive screen.

• Like 1

+1 No way any MFT system, even in a 2016 MKX... will be software upgrade-able to Sync3.

The 2016 does not have the new hardware to support SYNC 3. The screen for MFT and SYNC 3 are different. The 2016 MKX has a resistive screen like almost all checkout counter signature pinpads where you have to actually push down on the screen for a response. Meanwhile, SYNC 3 uses a capacitive screen like the iPhone does.

Source: I've driven the 2016 MKX and can confirm that is has a resistive screen.

• Like 1