2015 Edge Shipping?

I. Know that I was crying about my titanium....ordered in October, built last week of January 2015 and delivered first week of April. I feel terrible about the delays that everyone is experiencing on their retail orders. I cannot imagine the frustration levels that must going on. I Sam fortunate that I have no turn in date or trade in dates involved, when the new one comes in, it comes in, in the meantime I drive what I am currently driving, a current model year ford/Lincoln vehicle. I wish tha ford would just come out and tell the public something, "we changes suppliers, our quality standards weren't being met" something/anything would be better than not a word. I am sure that it is not favorable among not only the potential customers, but also Wall Street as well. This is not a good way for Marc Fields to start his reign with no word coming out on the company's behalf as to way the delays...I know that someone from ford monitors this site, any word from corporate that you would be willing to share?

For what it is worth....the wait is worthwhile believe me. Especially if you have owned a previous edge. The improvements are too many to list. I truly love the vehicle, and hope that it continues to hold interest in e marketplace, but the longer there is "no comment" from Ford, the more the freight train of momentum for the arrival of this vehicle that it once had, just diminishes and buyers simply walk down the street and climb into a Murano or dare I say it, Hyundai or Kia....it hurtsm but that is the reality...especially when they aren't giving the edge away according to sticker pricing against the others.

• Like 1

The only delays are well documented to the dealers in their weekly reports. If the dealers don't read them or communicate them to their customers that's unfortunate but not sure what else Ford can do. Customers don't order Ford vehicles - the dealers do.

The only delays are well documented to the dealers in their weekly reports. If the dealers don't read them or communicate them to their customers that's unfortunate but not sure what else Ford can do. Customers don't order Ford vehicles - the dealers do.

My dealer said they received a notice about the 51D not being available only May 13th. The dealer is canadian so that may explain a few things. They could be lying and being complacent not doing their job too.

I have made a complaint using the form under "Email Ford Investor Relations"

https://corporate.ford.com/contact-us.html#tab4

I don't know if anyone here has ever used this to communicate with Ford...

It's possible the notifications to Canadian dealers were delayed. But I doubt it.

I have called Canada Ford Customer service early May and they would not confirm to me 51D was delayed. Using my order # and dealer code, neither could fordserviceca confirm the delay was due to 51D (or another option), or that there were existing delays on the 51D.

I will call other dealers in the area and ask some questions. I am not the only one who had this communication issue here.

Etienne.

I'm at the opposite end of Canada in Ontario, 20 min from the Ford plant in Oakville. My dealer notified me the exact same day (May 13) that 51D would not be available until September. He said he called me as soon has he got it. I cancelled the 51D and he found me one at another dealer close by exactly what I wanted without the 51D. I get it next Thursday. It is a 2015 edge sport White Platinum with the 401A group, canadian touring package, Cargo accessory package.

I'm at the opposite end of Canada in Ontario, 20 min from the Ford plant in Oakville. My dealer notified me the exact same day (May 13) that 51D would not be available until September. He said he called me as soon has he got it. I cancelled the 51D and he found me one at another dealer close by exactly what I wanted without the 51D. I get it next Thursday. It is a 2015 edge sport White Platinum with the 401A group, canadian touring package, Cargo accessory package.

How does the cargo accessory package look? I ordered that on mine, as well.

From everything I heard, it will be a late 2016 model year for the Edge. I too had heard the '16s won't be produced until after September. An 18 week estimate does seem a bit long currently, but it is always a fluid situation. Did your edge have the driver assist package or anything else special on it? I ordered mine on 4/17 and it is currently due around 6/8. You may try checking with Tricia from Ford customer service. You would need some sort of order number from your dealer and Tricia can be found on posts in the welcome forum here.

Mine is a Sport FWD, deep impact blue, 401A package, panaoramic roof and cargo accesory pack. I didn't even try to order the 51D (Driver's Assistance), since I knew that would cause a delay. There is nothing specific about my order that I believe would cause a delay. I believe that all Edge orders are simply held up. I live in Atlanta and every dealer seems to have one or two in stock for demo, but I have yet to see a single 2015 Edge driving around in the real world in this huge local auto market. That is not a good sign for delivery prospects. When Ford released 1Q earnings to Wall Street recently, they specifically cited problems with sales volumes on the F150 and the Edge as drags on earnings. Sales on both were down drastically as compared to last year. I believe, at least with the Edge, it is a problem of availability. When I ordered, my dealer did not mention delays. I only have a $1,000 deposit down and acess to a free lawyer :), so I am not worried about losing money. I just want my car. However, I don't want a vehicle that is so old that it is considered to be a used car before it even gets delivered. If a dealer accepts an order knowing in advance that there will be extreme delays in delivery, I would certainly say that is unethical, possibly fraudulent. Maybe that is why they only asked for a small deposit.

I just received my VIN this morning from my dealer! I ordered on April 24, so this should give hope to those that have ordered around the same time as me :)

Still no window sticker yet tho...

That's great! So, now that you have the VIN, did you get an ETA on delivery?

For me, it took 16 days from the time it left the assembly line to get to the dealer. You have to allow time for:

- once off the assembly line, it takes some time to gather vehicles in the lot by destination onto a train

- then there's the train travel

- once at destination, the vehicles may sit in the train yard for some time before the local trucker offloads your car

I hope the orders still go through :cry:

I put in an order for a Titanium on April 24th and was told by Ford that it is also in "order processing". My dealer did tell me that it would take 8-10 weeks, but I take everything a dealer says to me with a grain of salt.

Don't think I can wait till the 2016's come out...

Quote from Automotove News interview with Joe Hinrichs, Ford President of the Americas:

"CFO Bob Shanks said Ford missed out on $1 billion in profits in the first quarter because F-150 and Edge production was down 75,000 vehicles.

What we said is that we were running about 40 percent less F-150 production than the first quarter of last year and 50 percent less Edge than last year."

10 weeks exactly for my delivery last week... Two of those weeks were spent sitting at the destination rail-to-truck transition point waiting for the truck driver to load my vehicle vs other vehicles destined for dealers in this area. This extra couple weeks was annoying, but completely out of the control of Ford or my dealer... Anyway, after a few days of driving, I love my Ti AWD Ecoboost. Plenty of power in all speed ranges up to 80 MPH. They are not kidding that it drives like a V6. I actually think it drives better than the V6 based upon my initial experience.

The latest Donlen report (as of May 15) http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx now shows 16-18 weeks of production lead time for the Edge. That is up from the 12-14 weeks that they were displaying a couple of weeks earlier. Still no confirmation that Ford has even accepted my order that was placed on April 29. It could be fall before I see mine, if ever...

Edited by xbillmh

The latest Donlen report (as of May 15) http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-ford.aspx now shows 16-18 weeks of production lead time for the Edge. That is up from the 12-14 weeks that they were displaying a couple of weeks earlier. Still no confirmation that Ford has even accepted my order that was placed on April 29. It could be fall before I see mine, if ever...

I also placed an order on 4/29. Sport, 401A, 21" wheels.

Got a VIN on 5/23 and told build date should be around 6/22.

-SJ

I got my vin about mid-may and my ETA is 06/21

I am not sure I understand the lead times published by donlen.

Etienne.