2015 Edge Shipping?

I found the same articles and video. only the "sport" was apparently available to those Ford sponsored writers. i thought that was interesting when the one reporter mentioned that Ford flew him out there for his review...unbiased i am sure :)~

That's how all OEMs do every launch of every vehicle. Nothing unusual at all.

I was told that my Edge has been released to a trucking company for delivery. I'm getting excited. I filled out the brochure form last week. Not sure how long it will take to possible get a coupon or packet.

That's great news! depending on how close your dealer is to the train depot, you could have your Edge any day now! It took my car 1 day from the day it went on a truck to get to my dealer back when I bought my last one.

I was told that my Edge has been released to a trucking company for delivery. I'm getting excited. I filled out the brochure form last week. Not sure how long it will take to possible get a coupon or packet.

Just FYI - you don't need the actual brochure. They put your info into Vincent and it will show up when the dealer puts in the VIN and your info. They should do that check automatically when it looks for incentives, but you could ask them to check it in a couple of weeks.

Well, I checked with my dealer today and no schedule yet. Boo...

So far as the $F share price is concerned, the overall market is being affected by the strengthening $ against the € and the oil glut. Given Ford's overseas investments, no surprise... but no worries either. Nor do I think the forthcoming small interest rate increase by the Fed will materially affect the market. I just let the shares accumulate.

• Like 1

Makes sense that near Chicago has it already. Large distribution area with rail yards and trucking. I have heard absolutely nothing here...at this point as each day goes by, I just drive around in my 2014 Lincoln MKS and take it like a man! I am keeping it clean inside and out as I am hoping that I will get "the call" that it showed up at world HQ and I can pick it up and I can turn in the MKS. PLEASE POST PICS upon your delivery so we can all drool over your new rig!

Mmick, it was nice to see the Edge Sport moving in the video. I couldn't tell what wheels were on the vehicle in the video, but otherwise -- if that is the Ruby Red color-- it is the Sport model I am expecting, differing in FWD and the Sport standard wheels. Sticker around $45k. Looking forward to getting it.

I saw Tweets from writers who have yet to write their series of reviews, so the search results should changing daily.

By the time the Edge arrives, the Ford stock dividend should reinvestment should give me another 400 shares or so, I'll take it. ;)

Shoulda bought it at $2 in '09 :)

Just watching the news this morning....stock at $16.59. Local news here in Detroit, says that "one analyst expects the stock to double in price as Fords cash flow is exceptional". I certainly hope so. I am not a stock professional, but see no reason whatsoever that GM is double that of Ford...I still think that F stock is the best "undervalued" stock out there and will continue to buy as many shares as possible. Chrysler/Fiat is even over $25 I think...WTF?

• Like 1

You can't really compare stock prices directly since the number of shares is different. And short term stock prices are based on nothing more than sheer speculation and the whims of day traders.

Companies that make business decisions based on increasing the current stock price are doomed. I lived through it with a fortune 100 company and it's not pretty.

Edit - almost forgot that the Ford family has majority rights over all the other shareholders. A lot of investors don't like that.

Edited by akirby

As long as people believe the govt is going to continue to prop up GM/Chrysler, the stock will continue to be bid up. Let's hope the path for Ford is skyward :)

Government sold their stock in those companies months or maybe years ago. Actually, a recent activist investor moves at GM may have weakened them a bit financially.

Edited by blankster