2015 Edge Shipping?

Ok so other than Tron and his bad ass electric spice sport, has anyone else taken delivery of their new edge yet? Even seen one on the road? I saw a sport in cleveland at a dealer, in inventory, white platinum tri-coat......pretty sharp! I have not seen one or heard anything from anyone that is expecting a new edge......oh well, :( another week in the Lincoln.....

I Test drove a SEL V-6 last week. There has not been a lot of talk about this model. All I can say is has plenty of power. The salesman let me drive it out of the LOT of tightly parked cars. One thing that surprised me is how easy the steering was. On my test drive:

I drove on California FWY (got it up to 80mph felt like 60) made tight uturns, tested braking system and the salesman demo the MFT with voice recognition and it worked perfectly. I was surprised he was able to give commads from his passenger seat.

post-33570-0-48983900-1428426613_thumb.jpg

post-33570-0-73726300-1428426625_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Bump. I'm looking forward to the new Sport around the end of the month. With the VIN, is there a web site that shows and explains status, schedule and build/built dates? And is my assumption correct that window sticker prints aren't available until the vehicle is off the assembly lines? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

It's funny, my dealer has about 5 on order for customers. They are waiting, waiting, waiting. They do have one Titanium in the showroom in the tuxedo black (if I had known it was a metallic black I may have ordered that color, it's beautiful) .

Ā 

Just putting it out there, that I LOVE my Edge. It might not be as luxurious as a MKX but it is nice enough for me. I fit in it so well being 6'4" and I love the seats.

Ā 

Black is beautiful baby! Except by the time you get it home and it is dirty :(. I am currently in a Lincoln MKS not the "X". But that being said, here in Michigan I did see 3 new 2016 MKX's on US 23 with manufacturer tags in them....truth be told, the edge is better looking in my opinion. I didn't think there was any "love" to the new "X" frankly. Very plain looking. Now as there is a Titanium trim level for Ford, I would find it very difficult to get a loaded up MKX for the money that they will command. Outside of a few different standard features, what could really be different for thousands more? I know when I had my 2011 Sport all loaded to the gills, it was still less expensive than a comparably equipped MKX and it looked awesome by comparison. When I took into a Lincoln dealer for routine service, the Lincoln GM came out to the vehicle and asked where I got those 22" rooms. When I told him that they were "stock" his jaw hit the ground. He couldn't get that size or aggressive looking rim for his MKXs that he had in stock and he was really pissed. About 2 months later, he had several MKXs outfitted with 22" aftermarket rims. I am sure that they were marked up a huge %. I did see today on the ohio turnpike a 2015 edge sel that was being dealer traded bewteen an michigan dealer and an eastsidecleveland dealer...I know as the driver pulled into the same rest area as me. Anyway, I was not really overly impressed with the look of it. I mean with the standard 18" plain rims, just didn't look that great to me. It was a nice burgundy though. Just me but the Bigger the Better as wheels and rims go.....maybe I have a complex....:)

• Like 1

This afternoon I took my wife's 2007 Mustang (37k mi) in for a bulb replacement, and had a chance to look over a black 2015 Edge SEL that arrived yesterday. I like the interior room -- glad I stepped up from an Escape I was considering -- and fit and finish look good. I didn't road test it as it was a rainy day around here. I found out my Sport is in paint, and delivery should be around the end of the month. I guess the paint time takes a number of days. Things are in motion now, so I must be patient. :)

• Like 1

Well the news I have been waiting for....I just recieved and email saying that my new titanium is ready for pick up at world HQ! I will pick it up tomorrow and take plenty of pics to share. The fact that mine was bullt the last week of January and was obviously held up due to some sort of issue, large or small I have no idea and now it is available would basically tell me that the plant is now cranking these babies out and have had time and manpower to go through the pre-job vehicles. At least a mine:) i will be doing my normal 1000 miles of driving this week and should have some initial thoughts and results of fuel economy...unlke others, I will drive it like I stole right out of the gate...you know you have to "scrub" those tires to get the optimal traction! Of course it is supposed to rain the next few days....story of my life.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting DBeth! I ordered in February with hopefully a May delivery date, so about 90 days. For your sake I hope Ford is catching up to a regular production schedule that could be 6 weeks or so, instead of 12. Mine is AWD Titanium also, with V6 in Bronze Fire.

I just picked up my titanium. Worked out better today than tomorrow anyways. I really like the magnetic metallic with the soft ceramic combo. I had not had the opportunity to see it on an actual vehicle prior to ordering. I thought that it would look sharp and I think it does.

Ā 

I will give an update after logging some miles this week.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

post-9584-0-64918800-1428959315_thumb.jpgpost-9584-0-12765500-1428959332_thumb.jpgpost-9584-0-01362100-1428959346_thumb.jpgpost-9584-0-16174200-1428959364_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

That looks like the exact one I was going to get before I decided on the Sport. Same exterior, interior, wheels, trailer tow. Curious as to why you use the 12V to charge with a USB cord?

In the past, using the usb outlet would not charge my iPhone or iPad also when the car was off, the phone or iPad didn't charge. Using the 12v power point it does....or at least it did. I will have to play with it and see what gives on this one. My 2014 Lincoln MKS was the same way, usb-no charge my toys, power outlet it charges both while running as well as turned off. I use pandora a lot using my BT Stero media setting, no direct connection to iPod or phone cause I am "old school" on didn't have any songs in my phone. I had to have my 8 year old put all my cd's onto a drive a few years ago when they got rid of Sync and went with MFT...I really liked the Sync being able to download all the cd's onto the hard drive..oh well....progress I guess.

• Like 1

I just talked to my dealer today My Edge that was supposed to be built April 6 (been 8 weeks) is put off until May 4th seems they don't have the parts for the adaptive cruise control, what's wrong with Ford, I drove fords for 20 years until they came out with the twin I beam that you couldn't keep tires on. I never bought another one until my 2011 Edge and after I bought my 2012 f150 I wouldn't have had another one if my wife hadn't wanted another Edge, if I had not placed a big deposit on this edge I WOULD BE shopping another brand. But my next car will not be ford..

I just picked up my titanium. Worked out better today than tomorrow anyways. I really like the magnetic metallic with the soft ceramic combo. I had not had the opportunity to see it on an actual vehicle prior to ordering. I thought that it would look sharp and I think it does.

Ā 

I will give an update after logging some miles this week.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Ā 

Nice rmmick!

Ā 

Is yours a 2.0 EB or the Old V6?

Ā 

I'm worried of the performance of the 2.0 EB going up hills and its actual acceleration from 0 to 60.

Nice rmmick!

Ā 

Is yours a 2.0 EB or the Old V6?

Ā 

I'm worried of the performance of the 2.0 EB going up hills and its actual acceleration from 0 to 60.

2.0....I will be driving my usual 1000 miles this week, give or take a few and will let you know what my thoughts and impressssions are. I am anxious to see where it lines up with relationship to the 3.5, 3.7 in all areas

Ok after logging 428 miles today here are some first I pressions..

I have to keep in mind it is a 4 cylinder engine at the end of the day. That being said, 0-60 is not a rocketship by any means. Once the tach gets into the 3000rpm range, the torque and turbo really kick in. Plenty of pull, but not hair raising. Engine is loud under heavy acceleration. When I really jumped on it getting onto the freeway, I actually had some torque steer going on. Maybe new tires, maybe just real responsive steering. I liken he vehicle better when in "s" mode. It drives more like my 2011 spirt used to. Gear ratios are changed, higher rpm before shifting. I have not used it enough to notice any suspenson changes or adjustments, but I would suspect that there is a difference. I ran about 130 miles at 79 mph and clocked 23.8mpg. Nothing to write home about, but I just picked it up yesterday....break inn period? Maybe to a degree? I have to say, that the sound system in this thing is far superior to my 2011 and also my 2012 Escape as well as my 2014 Lincoln MKS. The MFT is very responsive and believe me, I have had my share of MFT in the last 4 years or so...I have been there with the "black screens" , the gods showing me that I am driving in the middle of a lake, wrong turns, the voice recognition used to tell me all sorts of things. People on the other end of phone calls say there is an echo on the hands free. I noticed that the speaker is in the middle of the car by the overhead counsel. It was on the headliner just above the driver door on my Lincoln and it sounded great to others, better than any other I have owned with the MFT. I miss the power steering wheel tilt and scope, takes. While to get the right adjustment with the seat and the wheel. It was very windy today, it did not feel very aerodynamic as it moved quiet a bit. More than I remember. The seats are thinner, but much softer, especially the headrests. So far after 1 day, the thing I like the most is the amount of storag space(s) in this thing. Man there are spaces everywhere. Usually I have a bunch of crap in both front door bins, but in this, just the driver door and that stuff I could really hide totally if I wanted to. The center counsel is bigger than my college dorm room was and for the "real men" reading this, deep too! Well we will clock another 500 or so the rest of the week and will update then. But as of now, I am very pleased overall. Nice ride to, not to soft, not to hard....just right I think. I know they stiffened the chassis considerably this time around and it shows almost immediately.

• Like 3

I have to keep in mind it is a 4 cylinder engine at the end of the day. That being said, 0-60 is not a rocketship by any means. Once the tach gets into the 3000rpm range, the torque and turbo really kick in. Plenty of pull, but not hair raising. Engine is loud under heavy acceleration. When I really jumped on it getting onto the freeway, I actually had some torque steer going on. Maybe new tires, maybe just real responsive steering. I liken he vehicle better when in "s" mode. It drives more like my 2011 spirt used to. Gear ratios are changed, higher rpm before shifting. I have not used it enough to notice any suspenson changes or adjustments, but I would suspect that there is a difference. I ran about 130 miles at 79 mph and clocked 23.8mpg. Nothing to write home about, but I just picked it up yesterday....break inn period? Maybe to a degree? I have to say, that the sound system in this thing is far superior to my 2011 and also my 2012 Escape as well as my 2014 Lincoln MKS. The MFT is very responsive and believe me, I have had my share of MFT in the last 4 years or so...I have been there with the "black screens" , the gods showing me that I am driving in the middle of a lake, wrong turns, the voice recognition used to tell me all sorts of things. People on the other end of phone calls say there is an echo on the hands free. I noticed that the speaker is in the middle of the car by the overhead counsel. It was on the headliner just above the driver door on my Lincoln and it sounded great to others, better than any other I have owned with the MFT. I miss the power steering wheel tilt and scope, takes. While to get the right adjustment with the seat and the wheel. It was very windy today, it did not feel very aerodynamic as it moved quiet a bit. More than I remember. The seats are thinner, but much softer, especially the headrests. So far after 1 day, the thing I like the most is the amount of storag space(s) in this thing. Man there are spaces everywhere. Usually I have a bunch of crap in both front door bins, but in this, just the driver door and that stuff I could really hide totally if I wanted to. The center counsel is bigger than my college dorm room was and for the "real men" reading this, deep too! Well we will clock another 500 or so the rest of the week and will update then. But as of now, I am very pleased overall. Nice ride to, not to soft, not to hard....just right I think. I know they stiffened the chassis considerably this time around and it shows almost immediately.

Ā 

Simply amazing.

Ā 

Thanks Rmmick.

Ā 

Have you driven it going uphill? Does it gets overtaken by regular V6s?

Ā 

I'm waiting anxiously for your pics.

Edited by alzakx

Ā 

24mpg and averaging about 80MPH, that is something to write home about! Highway MPG miles should be significantly higher if you stick to 55-65MPH. Wind resistance increases exponentially at increased speeds. Considering the work that the engine must be doing to maintain 80MPH, I'd say 24MPG is impressive!

Ā 

Thanks for the review.