Battery Saver System malfunction in 2011 Edge

Janet Willard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My problem isn't solved, Dealer worked on it 3 weeks ago and hadn't had any problem since weather has been warmer. Weather is chilly and damp today and the battery saver system came back on today. Taking back to dealer at the end of the week.

Janet Willard,

Thanks for the update, and please check your inbox if you haven’t already.

Let me know how it goes on Friday! :)

Tricia

• 9 months later...

Here we are a new year and the same problem since the weather has turned cold. The dealership cannot seem to come up with a solution. They had my vehicle for 4 days last week and I started it today and get the same message. Not feeling very sure of the vehicle anymore as have had a dead battery in the last two weeks and vehicle hardly started today, Anyone hearing any updates on this problem?

New year and same problem. Problem continues with the message coming on part of the time and then going for days where it doesn't come on. Dealer had vehicle 4 days last week and I haven't had problem for 2 days & they thought might have solved problem, but I started it today & I might add not an easy start with the temperature -7 and getting the battery saver system malfunction again. Had a dead battery a couple of weeks ago and am losing confidence in the vehicle being a reliable vehicle that I want to keep. Anyone that is having this issue coming up with a solution?

Janet, do you know if the dealer reset the Battery Management System when they replaced the battery? That is an essential part of the computer learning to charge the new battery at an appropriate rate. Also, have you had any problems with the shifter recently? mac just posted a video about the SHIFT TO PARK error on his Edge, so that might be worth checking into. Common problem for the 2011+ Edge.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Did this just fall off the planet? It is an issue that just happened to me.

Replaced a CV axle due to a broken tone ring and disconnected the ground on a week old battery (read here AdvanceTrac warnings may be contributed to bad batt.) to clear codes.

Drove to the parts store to return rented tools and came home to "Battery Saver"...turn off ignition...whatever!

January 2018, this thread just ends??? What am I missing?

Oh, BTW, I have fixed a number of things from this forum, thank you to ALL.