Ford finally posted an official picture of the Cognac interior

cab2g

I ordered the Cognac with Magnetic exterior. It's a hit & miss looking at the Photoshop's and videos under weird lighting; I would have preferred seeing it 'live' beforehand. But, to be subjective as you were, I can't understand someone ordering the traditional 100 year old black interior which looks exactly like 100 000 000 other cars; as for the light colors, like ceramic, I guess it's ok if you always wear your space suit and get sanitized before going in.

Just pulling your leg .. but there might be a subliminal message in there somewhere...

That's very true! Ididnt hesitate as you said, I am tired of black at this point for my interior. My wife had a MKX last winter with the ligh interior and I have to say that it really "dressed up" the vehicle, very "classy". I also noticed that the flooring carpeting was black...I don't know if that will be true on the edge, but I can see the reasoning behind that choice mad by ford to hide the dirt from feet. Seeing as though these things are delayed this long, I may have to turn in this vehicle within months of getting it and order another 2016 vehicle. Ford keeps us current as far as model year is concerned. This too was a reason why I ordere the ceramic interior....I keep 'me maybe 12 to 14 months before I have to return it and get something else according to the Ford Incremental Lease program that I am on. Yea I know that sucks right? Having to always turn in my almost a year old vehicle for a new one... I will definitely post regarding how the interior holds up though as I go through the summer with kids, dogs, dirt roads, horse farms etc. when I was in the car business we had several "cognac" type interiors and each and every one had a little different pigmentation to it. I think that the leather is brown, it seems like it is difficult to get the EXACT color match. At least that was the way it used to be about 10 years ago. We ordered a "cognac" leather interior on a vehicle and when it showed up at the dealership, the inside was the color of a leather basketball! God awful....but someone liked it and bought it. Hey for what these cars cost now, if you like it, buy it! I will never say that it is terrible, just not for me and my eye.

Interestingly I had light interiors in both my vehicles and my wife's vehicles for the last 20 years, so for me black was much more attractive and high end. It really just depends on what you're used to or your personal preferences. I'll stick with black for awhile. But the wife still prefers the lighter interiors.

• 3 weeks later...
took some pics of the cognac interior with my phone the other day. It's definitely a lighter brown. It is not orange, thank goodness. It looks nice. But the fact that the interior had three tones was kind of bugging me, most of the lower parts are black, the leather is brown, and the top half is off white. Why isn't the top black???

IMG 1356

IMG 1357

IMG 1361

IMG 1363

IMG 1369

IMG 1355

• Like 1

Why isnt the cognac interior available with all exterior colors? I think it would look nice with the deep impact blue or ruby red. Why cant a customer special order these combinations? Its a matter of taste.

I think it would look great with deep impact blue too!

• Like 1

took some pics of the cognac interior with my phone the other day. It's definitely a lighter brown. It is not orange, thank goodness. It looks nice. But the fact that the interior had three tones was kind of bugging me, most of the lower parts are black, the leather is brown, and the top half is off white. Why isn't the top black???

I know that all edges and mkx's have the black carpet and the light colored headliner....sort of makes your choices of interior colors that will not look "out of place" very limited...either black or light ceramic are the only choices that I think would like they belong in the car. Combined with the black dash and door panels it really would very "busy" inside with a color other than black or light tan in my opinion...

• Like 1

I know that all edges and mkx's have the black carpet and the light colored headliner....sort of makes your choices of interior colors that will not look "out of place" very limited...either black or light ceramic are the only choices that I think would like they belong in the car. Combined with the black dash and door panels it really would very "busy" inside with a color other than black or light tan in my opinion...

It drives me nuts with the cognac interior... It may be enough to make me just buy black leather. I mentioned it to the salesperson and he said now he can't get past it and he is sad that I mentioned it to him because it bugs him too now that he noticed! I didn't really notice until I got in the car, but the brown leather just doesn't feel right with the off white headliner. A black headliner would've made it all look perfect.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I was watching the NY Rangers Stanley Cup playoff last night. Every car commercial had at least one showing a "Cognac" interior. I guess this is the latest and the greatest. Come and see me in five years. It may be like the middle 70's when every other car on the road was metallic brown with a tan vinyl roof and interior.

All of you Cognac colored cows better watch out!! B)

• Like 1