First Impressions of New Edge

tron1974

Thanks summer! I for one would really like to see more pictures of the new 2015 Edge in all of its available colors. Color chip's don't do a very good job of representing the "true" colors. Thanks to all that have posted so far! If any of you have the optional roof rails please measure the height of them. I am trying to sort out how to build a rack for my canoe that will clear that shark fin antennae.

Edited by Chipster

Thanks summer! I for one would really like to see more pictures of the new 2015 Edge in all of its available colors. Color chip's don't do a very good job of representing the "true" colors. Thanks to all that have posted so far! If any of you have the optional roof rails please measure the height of them. I am trying to sort out how to build a rack for my canoe that will clear that shark fin antennae.

I have the Yakima Q-Towers on mine. Just installed today. I don't have the rails so I had to go that route. The bars seem to just clear the shark fin. Here is a pic from yakima's site of the factory rails and the Q-towers

2015%20Edge%20M4.JPG

I went out and checked some measurements. The shark fin looks to be 2.75" tall. From the bottom/center of the rear crossbar to the top of the roof is 2.5". As you get closer to the sides, that measurement increases. Plus you have the width of the bar.

From the 2nd pic compared with the Yakima installation pic above you may be able to determine the height of the factory roof rails

pEaw4gUl.jpg

azioq1Pl.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just turned 10520 miles this week. Combined mpg since day is 24.1 which includes many miles at 80+ and hours of sitting still at idle. Just thought that I would share the info.

Ok update at 32,874 Miles. Now that it's colder obviously, my combined mpg since day 1 is 23.1mpg.

Starting to have rattles above driver in the headliner by the sunroof.

Seat has a mind of its own,...heats, cools whenever it wants to without me engaging it (I have to get this looked at)

Still no water leaks that I have noted...

Probably have about 10k-15k left on the Hankook treads...20"

Ceramic interior is actually holding up well regarding staying clean...the door panels being plastic are more difficult to keep clean

Overall I am still happy with the vehicle. And would get it again if offered on my lease program..

• Like 1

I picked up my Edge tonight. It's wicked fast. You have to love the twin turbos but the lag takes some time to get used to especially coming from my manual Xterra. Once I let it break in for 1000 miles or so, I can do a 0-60 with my Torque app.

I know a lot of folks complain about the MFT but so far it seems to work pretty well. I loaded up a 32 GB USB drive with a hundred or so discs and indexed them in no time.

Any questions? Anyone want specific pictures?

yes!! i want to see the motor..and the exterior. and hope im not out of line but what options do u have and cost? and if you have already posted these pics i appologize i just didnt have time to go through this entire thread but twin turbo caught my eye.

Edited by fit1446