I've got a rattle

Went out at lunch, and when I heard the rattle tried messing with the driver's seatbelt adjustment on the B-Pillar and didn't do a thing. Sound sounds like it is coming from further back for sure.

So i dropped the lower seats, got past 40, and the rattle was still there.

I just need a day when someone can drive me around.

Ok guys:

I think I've found my problem.

First I thought is was the read seats, it was not (drove around with them down).

Then I went to the driver side rear passenger pillar where the seats belts are fastened in. I shim that area with a wad of paper. Not the issue.

Then when driving home from a meeting today the sound was getting worse even under 30 MPH. So I noticed that on the driver seat belt you can adjust the seat belt at the pillar. I lowered and raised the adjuster a few times, and then I set it to "the next position down from the top level". Whalla! This seems to have stopped the rattle...

The car is so quite I'm having a tough time staying awake in it...

Hope this works for your rattles...

JS

• Like 2

I still haven't found mine. But I noticed something very interesting. We drove to the mountains last weekend, and after passing Idaho Springs it dissapeared completly. Now going back down, same location, it started rattling again. So air pressure has an impact on the rattle.

Now i am completly lost :(

LEXiiON

Guys. It seems that my rattle may have been coming from the trunk specifically

at the left side of the spare tire holder. I was able to easily move the first "bin"

On the left side of the tire holder. If you grab the "inside" wall of that little bin

you'll notice it moves up and down. I shimmed under that bin with a wad of

paper. Drove around today and even my wife said she couldn't hear it. Maybe,

perhaps, this is the culprit. Will keep you updated.

I found it....

It is a cover underneath the car. The rear pushpin got loose and the cover will flatter while driving fast.

Some 3M tape and re-inserting the pushpin fixed the rattle. The cover scratched the paint on the floor.

Test drove and rattle is gone..

LEXiiON

post-35258-0-26671300-1432580963_thumb.jpg

post-35258-0-93011100-1432580970_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

The cover is underneath the rear door (towards the end of the door) on the bottom floor. It's a black plastic. You can tap on it and if it moves, that's your problem. There is a psuhpin on the rear end ... you can either push it back in (which i doubt will solve the issue...it might come loose again) or remove it, clean the floor and the cover and apply some 3M tape. Push the whole thing back in....

I assume, the passenger side cover will start to rattle soon, too. Same concept, same pushpin issue... i will fix it, when i hear rattle from that side, too.

On the first picture, you can see some of the 3M tape to the left....

LEXiiON

Wedge,

If you are looking at the rear passenger door.....drivers side. The cover runs from about the middle of the door to the rear of the door. This is actually under the car but right against the drivers side of the car.

If you lay on your back with your head under your car at the middle of the rear door, you will see the black plastic cover we are talking about. It has on plastic pushpin holding it to the frame toward the front of the vehicle. Then as the cover goes toward the rear, it gets wide.

So no not the tailgate.

Edited by WingNut

Maybe i will look for some different bolt to secure both push pins on both sides. I will keep you updated.

The sunroof rattle is the roof liner coming loose.... i am still working on a fix for that.

Poor design ..

LEXiiON

You have a picture of what exactly you mean? Wonder if my rattle is the same one. Mine only rattles when open.

Mine also only rattles when open. Or at least when the sunshade is open. It's the roof liner on the inside that rattles under road vibration... Passenger side only...drivers side is silent.

When i drive and push against it, the rattle stops....

http://youtu.be/N3MwACJ_51Q

Still working on a fix...

LEXiiON

Edited by LEXiiON

Mine also only rattles when open. Or at least when the sunshade is open. It's the roof liner on the inside that rattles under road vibration... Passenger side only...drivers side is silent.

When i drive and push against it, the rattle stops....

Still working on a fix...

LEXiiON