Sport 0-60 and 1/4 mile

Magnetic Edge

Took mine to the track yesterday and did not get nearly as good of a results as you did. The best time I was able to manage was 14.6 @ 93mph. Car had 150miles on it and was filled with dealer 87 octane gas. Temp outside was 85. Getting the car tuned next week...so hope for some impressive 1/4 and 60ft times.

Car isn't broken in! What track? Launch rpm? 85* and depending on track could have seen some high DA.

Tuned by who!?!?!??!?!

Thank you for posting!

Nope car isn't broken in yet. Milan Dragway here in MI. Not sure on the RPM...foot braked it and put gas peddle to the floor once fully staged. Tuning will be done by Livernois Motorsports. They see about 65-75rwhp and about 100 lb/ft gains on the F-150 2.7L so should be at least the same maybe more since the F150 is rated at a higher HP level stock.

• Like 1

That's what it is on the 3.5 EB, between the SHO and F150 for example. Because of internal engine differences, but mainly because of transmission differences (AWD vs RWD). Depending on how much power the RDU's clutch packs can take on the 2015 Edge, you may creep closer to F150 numbers, but the PTU will still pose a challenge. The system will try to protect itself, and I am sure LME will not tune it to override safety constraints. There are also typically 5% higher drivetrain losses in an AWD system compared to FWD/RWD.

What I don't know is if the turbos are the same this time around in the 2.7. On the 3.5, they are different. Transverse = smaller, longitudinal = larger turbos.

Tuned F150 vs Stock F150 (not quite same options) - approx +70 hp/+90 tq peak to peak

https://youtu.be/PqE86s5Mk3w?t=1m4s

2013 SHO: +50 hp/+35 tq peak to peak (tho in all fairness, this was one of their earliest tunes, refined quite a bit since then)

https://youtu.be/VnXVzV4gmDI?t=38s

What IS possible to gain on the 2013 SHO with more mods: +160 hp/+165 tq peak to peak

https://youtu.be/XzwC2RWxrO8?t=36s

Mind you the quotes are for daily driver levels of power. Not for built engines/race calibrations.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Nope car isn't broken in yet. Milan Dragway here in MI. Not sure on the RPM...foot braked it and put gas peddle to the floor once fully staged. Tuning will be done by Livernois Motorsports. They see about 65-75rwhp and about 100 lb/ft gains on the F-150 2.7L so should be at least the same maybe more since the F150 is rated at a higher HP level stock.

Did you try it in sport mode? What tuning tool are they using? What else are they offering for the Edge Sport?

Edited by blitz118

Very nice! Any dyno charts/videos? Make sure you have an open road to test out the "Superman" tune :)

EDIT: Based on the OEM specs, these are the hp/tq ratings at the crank -

Horsepower (hp @ rpm) 315 @ 4,750 (using 93-octane fuel)

Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm) 350 @ 2,750

Assuming 20% driveline loss, you should see about 252 awhp/280 awtq stock on the dyno, if it is a Dynojet. Mustang & other brands behave a bit differently.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W

Some preliminary numbers on the tune. Stock the Edge made 232whp and 272wtq. After a bit of tuning the numbers are way up. 325whp and 358whp for a gain of 93whp and 86wtq. The tq has higher gains lower in the rpm range. Can't wait to drive it.

Nice...any details on what is being tuned...timing, mas, boost pressure....ect....and Im assuming this is all with stock intake, inter-cooler and exhaust.

Some preliminary numbers on the tune. Stock the Edge made 232whp and 272wtq. After a bit of tuning the numbers are way up. 325whp and 358whp for a gain of 93whp and 86wtq. The tq has higher gains lower in the rpm range. Can't wait to drive it.

Those are some great numbers! Looking forward to additional daily driver performance and mileage review.

Tell them to get that packaged up and on their website :)

As others, very curious about the specifics!

Edited by redlancer

No idea on the specifics other than it requires 93 octane. Car was just shy of 500 miles. I'm in the UK traveling for work so this is the best that I can do for now.

With those kind of numbers.....you might be starting to knock on the Jeep SRT8's and the BMW x5M. numbers....very tempting, the only issue would be longevity, and is it worth it to void the warranty....it certainly would be a killer sleeper CUV(it already is as far as Im concerned......LOL just smoked an RX8 early today)...after 4 blocks the guy looked at me like...."what the hell"!

• Like 1

Pretty sure with LME (& Unleashed) tunes, longevity is not an issue. These guys work hard to provide you kink-free tunes that won't compromise your vehicles. The tunes can be made more extreme, but by sacrificing daily driveability & shortening the lifespan. I expect Corey will see, along with shifting, his mpg stay the same or even improve!

Personally I'd be very happy with a mild tune that'll work with 91 octane (we have 92 here but I travel to CA with crap 91 gas often). A little better response on throttle tip in, perhaps some adjusted shift points, and 30 lb feet of torque would make a nice improvement and hopefully not push it to the edge of drivability or longevity

Ok...I'm back in town and picked up the Edge yesterday. First impression...wow what a difference. Part throttle response is a lot better. Tip in and it just moves now, no delay or lag. Shifts are much firmer with aggressive throttle and stockish feel at granny driving speeds. First and Second gear just rip. 3rd is much better but still feels kind of flat to me, but I guess I'm used to a supercharged V8 and gobs of HP and TQ. From a dead dig stabbing the gas the car is still soft out of the whole until it comes into boost and then it just puts you back in your seat. I'm sure this has to do with the fact that this a V6, heavy car, and slight turbo lag. Once it comes up on boost around 2500rpm its an animal. Brake TQ to 2500 with Traction Control off and it spins all 4 wheels through first. That right there puts a grin on your face from ear to ear. I'll try and get it back to the track in a few weeks to see the 1/4 gains. I'll run it with the stock tune and the 93 tune on the same day to be able to compare apples to apples. As I think my first time out my numbers were lower than expected.

Overall I am extremely happy with the tune. My Fiesta ST had a Livernois tune and it was the best bag for the buck on that car and totally changed the way that car drove. The 2.7L tune on the Edge Sport is even better than what I got out of my 1.7L tune. Just imagine what these guys could do with a v8 Ecoboost if Ford were to release one :)

• Like 3

Thanks for the update Corey, if you can take any videos of the speedo that would be cool to see!

Did they further tune it from your last update (90ish whp gain) to see if more power is available?

Any idea when the tune will be released to the public?