Sport 0-60 and 1/4 mile

Magnetic Edge

Why do you want a video of the speedo? No more power from my original post. I'll get details tomorrow but I'm sure you can buy the tune now. Livernois will be posting a video to their youtube channel with more in-depth details I am told.

Check out the difference between a stock and tuned. LMS said it would be weeks.

Ok...I'm back in town and picked up the Edge yesterday. First impression...wow what a difference. Part throttle response is a lot better. Tip in and it just moves now, no delay or lag. Shifts are much firmer with aggressive throttle and stockish feel at granny driving speeds. First and Second gear just rip. 3rd is much better but still feels kind of flat to me, but I guess I'm used to a supercharged V8 and gobs of HP and TQ. From a dead dig stabbing the gas the car is still soft out of the whole until it comes into boost and then it just puts you back in your seat. I'm sure this has to do with the fact that this a V6, heavy car, and slight turbo lag. Once it comes up on boost around 2500rpm its an animal. Brake TQ to 2500 with Traction Control off and it spins all 4 wheels through first. That right there puts a grin on your face from ear to ear. I'll try and get it back to the track in a few weeks to see the 1/4 gains. I'll run it with the stock tune and the 93 tune on the same day to be able to compare apples to apples. As I think my first time out my numbers were lower than expected.

Overall I am extremely happy with the tune. My Fiesta ST had a Livernois tune and it was the best bag for the buck on that car and totally changed the way that car drove. The 2.7L tune on the Edge Sport is even better than what I got out of my 1.7L tune. Just imagine what these guys could do with a v8 Ecoboost if Ford were to release one :)

Would love to see some track numbers!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You probably know all this stuff, but thought I'd post this thread here for all interested:

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,1239

Also you can try removing the long, thin hood insulator strip that typically runs along the firewall/windshield cowl/hood to improve cooling of the engine between rounds. Hopefully won't see "hood lift" either with this "mod", tho it has been more of an issue after 120 mph or so on other EB vehicles.

Here is a short video from inside the cockpit on one of the runs.

Nice run, surprised the mph is only 101.

Were both your runs done in "Drive" instead of "Sport"? Makes me wonder if it could have been even faster!

Any idea what the DA was?

Thanks.

Nice run, surprised the mph is only 101.

Were both your runs done in "Drive" instead of "Sport"? Makes me wonder if it could have been even faster!

Any idea what the DA was?

Thanks.

All runs were made with traction control off and in Sport mode, with the exception of this one. Why are you surprised at the MPH? I think a gain of nearly 8 mph is pretty impressive from just a tune.

Edited by Corey McComsey

Surprised based on other tests and my own (I was around 98 mph with vbox). But that is why I asked DA as I assume it wasn't ideal. Although I agree 7 mph is good, there would be gains just from going from a hot summer day to a cold winter night alone, which is why I asked about DA.

Surprised based on other tests and my own (I was around 98 mph with vbox). But that is why I asked DA as I assume it wasn't ideal. Although I agree 7 mph is good, there would be gains just from going from a hot summer day to a cold winter night alone, which is why I asked about DA.

Well...not sure what the DA was but I can tell you that the track is at about 700ft above sea level and the temp was 65 degrees and sunny. All my runs were made at the same track so the only variable is the driver. I made 12 passes, 6 stock and 6 tuned, and used the best pass from each setup for the comparison. I've raced my Mustang at this track and several others and the MPH is consistent in my other car...so I don't think the clocks are off.

I would be curious to see what the vbox records compared to what a drag strip timing tower measures during a pass. I'm not to familiar with the vbox...how does it calculate 1/4 mile MPH and ET? If its based off of GPS then its not as accurate as a drag strip. I understand the currently technology is only accurate to withing 10-20 feet. That could be as much as a 40ft differential from start to finish and would allow for elevated MPH numbers.

Maybe I just have a slow Edge built on a Friday and that is why my stock numbers are so low. But I think we might be splitting hairs here...I think the important data is that it was a positive gain in performance. The only other mod I've seen with this type of bang for the buck is a NOS kit. They take a lot longer to install and require repeated bottle fills. Loading a tune takes 5min and I never have to worry about running out of power :)

One other thing to consider with the before track numbers...I am not certain what type of gas the dealer filled my Edge up when I took delivery. I would assume 87 to save $$. The very next day after taking delivery of the Edge I took it to the track. It had approx 200 miles on the clock.

However, the before tune did have a full tank of 93 so the HP number gains are apples to apples. My before track numbers could be slightly on the lower side due to milage and unknown fuel type.

Well...not sure what the DA was but I can tell you that the track is at about 700ft above sea level and the temp was 65 degrees and sunny. All my runs were made at the same track so the only variable is the driver. I made 12 passes, 6 stock and 6 tuned, and used the best pass from each setup for the comparison. I've raced my Mustang at this track and several others and the MPH is consistent in my other car...so I don't think the clocks are off.

I would be curious to see what the vbox records compared to what a drag strip timing tower measures during a pass. I'm not to familiar with the vbox...how does it calculate 1/4 mile MPH and ET? If its based off of GPS then its not as accurate as a drag strip. I understand the currently technology is only accurate to withing 10-20 feet. That could be as much as a 40ft differential from start to finish and would allow for elevated MPH numbers.

Maybe I just have a slow Edge built on a Friday and that is why my stock numbers are so low. But I think we might be splitting hairs here...I think the important data is that it was a positive gain in performance. The only other mod I've seen with this type of bang for the buck is a NOS kit. They take a lot longer to install and require repeated bottle fills. Loading a tune takes 5min and I never have to worry about running out of power :)

It is based off of multiple GPS sensors and is what most major car magazines use to measure 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. The technology is well within not 10-20 ft, I have the google maps to prove it knows what side of the street I am on, this isn't an iPhone app :)

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/do-inexpensive-performance-meters-work-feature

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthread.php?44719-11-9-119-VBOX-vs-Drag-Strip-comparison-335XI

I am in no way saying that your Edge is slow, just that the DA could have caused a lower mph then expected (me at least). Hopefully they can release this tune so others can enjoy the power. :)