Is the 2015 edge bolt pattern same as 2014 edge?

cds71

I have the same problem with my 15 Edge Titanium with 19 inch wheel and AWD. thought the wheels and rims from my 12 would fit so I hiked them up to my ford dealer to change . No go. They where not to sure where I got the wheels but I told them from my 12 Edge will definitely not fit. Been on the internet all day searching for wheels in Canada Cannot find. best I got was from Tire rack in US with Blizzacks and tps for around $1300 US but couldn't find them shipped to Canada.

Would appreciate any info on a Canadian outlet if some one has found using 18 inch wheels

I got a set of momo next rims and conti wintercontact si's. At dealer cost up here was pretty much the same price from ordering from tire rack.

• 3 weeks later...

Couple points here since I've dealt with tires/wheels with a lot of previous cars.

1. Be careful with spacers or wheels that have a different offset than what is factory spec. Different offsets cause uneven wear on bearings and other components. The factory spec is meant to align and distribute forces exactly where and how they need to be.

2. Why bother with 17 18 whatever rims? Get some snow tires that fit your OEM rims and you'll be all set. For summer buy another set of OEM rims and stick some summer tires on them. Now you have two great sets of wheels/tires for the right purpose.

3. If you go with two sets of wheels you will need to deal with TPMS reprogramming every 6 months or so since the car can only store 4 at a time. This is $100 at the dealer or you can get the tool to do it for like $90 and only pay once.

4. Best set up is performance summer for summer and good winter for winter. All seasons are just OK for everything.

5. Winter tires have a whole different compound. I would take a FWD car with winter tires over a AWD car with all seasons most days. AWD really only helps you get moving, there's a lot more to driving than that and most accidents don't happen when someone's stuck unable to move :)

Just watch the video above :)

My plan:

1. Mount Blizzaks (-~$700) on my 20" rims.

2. Sell the All seasons to some poor soul. (+~$300)

3. Buy the 21" set with tires off ebay at some point before next summer. (-~$2000).

Edited by jalm111
  • Like 1

Couple points here since I've dealt with tires/wheels with a lot of previous cars.

1. Be careful with spacers or wheels that have a different offset than what is factory spec. Different offsets cause uneven wear on bearings and other components. The factory spec is meant to align and distribute forces exactly where and how they need to be.

2. Why bother with 17 18 whatever rims? Get some snow tires that fit your OEM rims and you'll be all set. For summer buy another set of OEM rims and stick some summer tires on them. Now you have two great sets of wheels/tires for the right purpose.

3. If you go with two sets of wheels you will need to deal with TPMS reprogramming every 6 months or so since the car can only store 4 at a time. This is $100 at the dealer or you can get the tool to do it for like $90 and only pay once.

4. Best set up is performance summer for summer and good winter for winter. All seasons are just OK for everything.

5. Winter tires have a whole different compound. I would take a FWD car with winter tires over a AWD car with all seasons most days. AWD really only helps you get moving, there's a lot more to driving than that and most accidents don't happen when someone's stuck unable to move :)

Just watch the video above :)

My plan:

1. Mount Blizzaks (-~$700) on my 20" rims.

2. Sell the All seasons to some poor soul. (+~$300)

3. Buy the 21" set with tires off ebay at some point before next summer. (-~$2000).

The new '15 and up TPMS sensors are self learning to the vehicle. They will learn within about 5 miles or so. You can watch the tire pressure readout adjust as you drive.

Edited by 27Sport
  • Like 2

The new '15 and up TPMS sensors are self learning to the vehicle. They will learn within about 5 miles or so. You can watch the tire pressure readout adjust as you drive.

Sweet! That's not what the dealer told me but really good to know :)

+1 for having two sets of rims/tires.

Sweet! That's not what the dealer told me but really good to know :)

+1 for having two sets of rims/tires.

It only works on the newer style sensors like the '15 Edge, '15 F150, '16 Explorer etc. If the vehicle has the individual pressure readout in the cluster then it has the new style sensors.