Wing, I sent you a picture.

What I don't get is , if this in fact how the water is entering the cabin......how does it get to the carpet in the rear?

No clue. I'm just guessing based on that guys question and what his dealer told him.

Here is your pic. Seems the same. But I'm on my phone so not sure.

0Jr972g.jpg

• Like 1

We just leased both a 2015 Ford Edge and a 2015 Ford Fusion on Monday 5/25/15. The last two days, we have had a lot of rain. Today, I had on sandals while driving the Edge and noticed the footwell on the driver's side is completely saturated - both the carpet and the mat. I have approximately 250 miles on the vehicle and now it is in service hoping they can find the cause of the leak. I have asthma and my husband's immune system is compromised from chemotherapy/immunotherapy treatments and I do not want a car with moldy carpet.

I see someone named Crystal was monitoring posts. I'm not sure how to get in touch with her. If anyone can help me get in touch with Crystal, we would appreciate it.

Has anyone had their wet footwells resolved?

Take care!

Tricia is our official Ford CSR, forum name FordService. You can contact her for assistance as needed, PM probably works faster. Make 4 more posts in the test forum to get to the min 5 post requirement to use the PM feature. Crystal is on other forums, I believe, BlueOval/Flex etc?

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W
  • Like 1

Just wanted to post an update on our wet Edge- I picked it back up from our dealer last night. The seals are repaired and it's dry- so far.

I'm not sure exactly what Ford is doing and what my dealer is doing, but it appears to me that the dealership is taking the hit financially to try to make us happy.

The reps that we contacted directly at Ford were not helpful- one even leaving a message on the answering machine that they were unable to assist us and to work through the dealer.

If your Edge has this problem I hope you'll post the resolution here.

I still love my dealership but am VERY disappointed in Ford.

• Like 2

Thank you, everyone, for all your response. Although I am not happy, but I am somehow relieved that I am not the only with this problem and hopefully with this issue, Ford will do something about this.

My update, my delearship fixed the seal. It was really the grommet on the floor that was missing. They installed it but the carpet and insulation are still to be replaced. They said that it takes time for it to come in since they actually ordered it from their supplier. None so far and we're still waiting.

If you have the same problem that I have, ask your dealership to change the carpet and insulation. I mean, mine is dry so far, but knowing that it was wet, I wonder if they really dried it well that no mold or anything is growing under there. We spend so much time per day in our vehicles that we can't risk being sick because of this.

Thank you, everyone, for all your response. Although I am not happy, but I am somehow relieved that I am not the only with this problem and hopefully with this issue, Ford will do something about this.

My update, my delearship fixed the seal. It was really the grommet on the floor that was missing. They installed it but the carpet and insulation are still to be replaced. They said that it takes time for it to come in since they actually ordered it from their supplier. None so far and we're still waiting.

I'd be skeptical with a floor grommet fix. People are saying this is happening after it rains. If the car isn't moving that floor grommet won't make a difference. It has to be coming from somewhere higher up. Hence why someone has mentioned they need to pull the dash out for the fix (this may be what the TSB says).

If I were anyone with this issue and the dealer says it was fixed, I'd immediately run it through a car wash 2-3 times, drive it for a bit, and then pull up the carpet to see if any new water is there. If so, I'd take it back. I'd do this until you can confirm that leak is fixed. Then you are getting it well documented in case it needs to be lemon'd.

Edited by WingNut

Once the Jute carpet padding gets soaked it is extremely difficult to dry it. I had a similar problem with a 2004 Taurus and it took me about 4 days to dry that stuff with a fan in the summer !!!! If they don't get it completely dry it will eventually cause a mold problem. I had to fix the Taurus myself cuz two dealerships couldn't figure it out (AC drain tube clogged).

First of all, welcome to all the new members in the community!

For those that do not know me, my name is Tricia. I’m the U.S. Ford Customer Service Representative. :)

I hv. 2015 edge with 2k miles. Just noticed my drivers side floor has a 2" puddle!!! Frustrated...

We just leased both a 2015 Ford Edge and a 2015 Ford Fusion on Monday 5/25/15. The last two days, we have had a lot of rain. Today, I had on sandals while driving the Edge and noticed the footwell on the driver's side is completely saturated...

Thank you, everyone, for all your response. Although I am not happy, but I am somehow relieved that I am not the only with this problem and hopefully with this issue, Ford will do something about this....

Hey guys,

Let me get this escalated. Please PM your full name, VIN, dealer, and best daytime phone number. I’ll loop in a customer service manager for your region to assist!

Just wanted to post an update on our wet Edge- I picked it back up from our dealer last night. The seals are repaired and it's dry- so far...

Thanks for the update, me1313.

I’ve documented your feedback. If the symptoms return, please let me know. I’ll be happy to look into available options to assist at that time.

Tricia is our official Ford CSR, forum name FordService. You can contact her for assistance as needed, PM probably works faster...

Thanks for letting the new members know about me, WWWPerfA_ZN0W! :rockon:

Edited by FordService
  • Like 1

Hello all...so I live in Phoenix where we don't get nearly the rain some of you do, but it did rain here today, and so I thought I'd check my 2015 Edge Sport. My carpeting is all dry, but I did notice something. I read about A-pillar leaks, and under the hood. But all looked Ok there. So I opened the door, and looked where the A-pillar meets the fender, above the top door hinge. What I saw was a caulk / foam kind of seal. And it doesnT look great. It runs from the top of the fender, all the way down between the panels. Mine has some gaps at the top, and doesn't extend to the very bottom. Perhaps this is the issue?

he leak is in various spots and ends up in the rear of both sides...the floor is 6" deep with foam n top. It can hold a lot of water and the sloshing is either from the water building up under the foam that you can't see, feel, or pull the black plastic rectangular plugs out of the bottom of the doors that are holding in excess water. There are hinge seam for the hood leaking, cowl seams, and various other places. Figure new vehicle 1,400 new workers and no training. Things happen.

• Like 1

I have been looking to buy a new edge and have now sat in 3 edges on dealer lots with same issue. I called several dealers and out of the dozen I called, 2 said they have 1 or 2 cars in service with the problem. One of them said they had no idea what the issue is and fixing seals didnt resolve anything so they were holding the car. The other said they knew exactly what it was and it had something to do with how the fender, hood and A pillar meet. Something about it was mounted underneath and you need to find an edge that the pillar or something was mounted on top. To repair they were sending to a bodyshop, flipping it, resealing it. Not sure if this makes sense,trying to make it out there for him to show me. Basically if you looked in with a flashlight by the hood hinge you could see it.

• Like 1