A puddle will not get your car wet inside, as all the leaks are water entering from above....

Yes that was my concern as well. So yesterday we had torrential rain from about 8am until noon, and I'm happy to report that my Edge remains bone dry. Still going to get it checked- but at least I have dry feet. lol

I am wondering if my Sport was addressed before I took delivery? As ever since I picked it up, it has had a REALLY strong 'new car smell' to the point of being 'too much' of what is normally considered a good thing.

I guess I'll let the dealer figure it out...but I really love driving it! So I hate to think what kind of loaner they will give me :(

Thanks to everyone who is contributing very useful info on this topic!

I have a copy of the bulletin. I will post it later when I get home. It says water may lead between the sheet metal joint in the A pillar directly behind the hood hinge on either side of the vehicle. The water enters the cabin St the lower A pillar behind the lower dash panel trim.

I have a copy of the bulletin. I will post it later when I get home. It says water may lead between the sheet metal joint in the A pillar directly behind the hood hinge on either side of the vehicle. The water enters the cabin St the lower A pillar behind the lower dash panel trim.

I have a 2015 Ford Edge SEL , after six weeks my wife noticed a "sloshing" sound when she applied the breaks. I just happened to clean the matts and discovered the front carpets driver and passengers side soaked. My dealer played it off very lightly and held the Edge for three days, then returned to me. I opened the door and checked the carpet it was still wet. The service manager told me that they had a water leak guy check it and welded the fire wall. The manager said we would try and get new carpet from Ford, and I should take the car home.

The next day the Edge had more water after the service, so off to the dealer I went. The service manager told me that Ford is aware of the problem and will send them the carpet and seas to fix it. I have to wait another seven days or so. After reading the many posts I am not sure this problem will be fixed I think we should enact the Lemon Law .......

That picture is where Ford says is the issue...Engineer worked with a DSM and an outside leak company in Windsor at a dealership...Engineer instructed leak technician to seal that seam...sealed it and double checked with engineer...put water on it...water was still trickling in....

• Like 1

That would explain the various gadgetry that failed in one unfortunate customer's case.

What I don't understand is if that is the location of the leak, then I should be seeing the same thing since I have no sealer there. Also, I see no signs of moisture getting back to that location. If water did get back there, I'd see water spots and the usual signs of water getting to an area and not being washed/dried.

So maybe there is another failure that is allowing to get to that spot to begin with.

I'm at the Ford dealership in Waukesha (Griffin) now. I experienced water this weekend, and after finding this thread, contacted the dealership and cited the notice 15B21. I'm waiting on my loaner vehicle now. I'll post back when my repairs are complete.

Thanks,

Ben

I'm at the Ford dealership in Waukesha (Griffin) now. I experienced water this weekend, and after finding this thread, contacted the dealership and cited the notice 15B21. I'm waiting on my loaner vehicle now. I'll post back when my repairs are complete.

Thanks,

Ben

How long have you owned your vehicle? Is this weekend the first time it has seen rain while you owned it?

What I don't understand is if that is the location of the leak, then I should be seeing the same thing since I have no sealer there. Also, I see no signs of moisture getting back to that location. If water did get back there, I'd see water spots and the usual signs of water getting to an area and not being washed/dried.

So maybe there is another failure that is allowing to get to that spot to begin with.

I don't get it either. I never had a leak, just wanted to make sure I don't. I suspect there is something else going on here too. I think I probably have one of the first Sport's delivered and I would think that of all people, I would experience this issue. With my luck, the day the warranty runs out, I will get a leak.Maybe I should buy the extended warranty.

I've had the vehicle for 5 weeks. Last week wasn't the first rain it's seen, but it was the most. Plus I had it parked outside for 4 days, while it usually is in the garage. It may have been damp before without me knowing. This weekend it was absolutely soaked.

Thanks,

Ben

My sport had to go in to fix the seal today.....after last weeks rain, the floor pan on the drivers side had over a liter of water in it. I used my shop vac to get most of it.....its in the dealers now getting repaired....Ill keep an update as to how the repairs go.

Hi all.

I got a 2015 Edge May 30th (Thursday). My first car, also in my name (I'm 19). My mom was the co-signer, I handled everything else.

I live in Michigan and that Friday, Saturday, and Sunday weekend we had lots of rain. I found out Tuesday. June 2nd that I had the leak that's mentioned in this post.

My friend is actually the one to discover it. He told me my floor was wet. He was sitting in my driver seat checking out my car and he was wearing flip flops. (I only wear shoes).

I thought maybe it's just a little wet from rain off my feet, but when I felt the floor, holy crap it was drenched, and when I got close enough, it smelled horrible.

I went ahead and texted the dealer that night "There's something wrong with my car". He texted back saying "Don't worry, can you bring it in tomorrow, we will fix it."

I came in on Wednesday and they asked me if I could come in on Thursday instead since they didn't have a rental for me since Enterprise was overbooked for that day. I came in Thursday morning (June 4th) and dropped off my car. That's the last time I've seen it.

That Friday, June 5th I asked the service department to order me a new carpet since it was ruined, and they never did. They waited too long and now I don't expect to get my car till the end of next week.

Pretty annoyed, my first car, a nice car that I love. I put a lot of money down for it, tinted the driver windows, and enjoyed it for like 6 days and now it's looking like 25+ days till I see my car.

I just wish I knew about this issue before I picked the car. If it takes 30 days, then the car is a lemon and i'll be getting a new car.

I also talked with Ford Corporate Care today.

This is more background on my issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ford/comments/38alkk/my_2015_ford_edge_is_flooding/?sort=confidence

http://www.reddit.com/r/Ford/comments/39801m/my_2015_ford_edge_is_flooding_update/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Ford/comments/39mx9p/my_2015_ford_edge_is_flooding_update_2/

Hope no one else has to deal with this.

Edited by Alex Moose
  • Like 1