Alex that really sucks.

I feel your pain. I was 18 and bought a brand new 1997 Dodge Dakota. Special order. It was a lemon. It was frustrating to deal with given how new it was and how much I put down and was paying.

Keep us posted and don't feel alone...there are a lot of people dealing with this right now.

Alex that really sucks.

I feel your pain. I was 18 and bought a brand new 1997 Dodge Dakota. Special order. It was a lemon. It was frustrating to deal with given how new it was and how much I put down and was paying.

Keep us posted and don't feel alone...there are a lot of people dealing with this right now.

Yeah the Ford rep told me. She told me that they're completely out of stock on the carpets for the affected side of the vehicle and they won't know till the 22nd if they'll have more in stock. That's also implying they send it to my dealership over the others around the US who also need it.

My Edge Sport was the first and only sold from the dealer so I think I'm the only one with the affected issue. Not sure if this leak effects other trims? So far from what I've seen, it seems to only be effecting the Sport model.

I'm hoping for the best, and hope everyone else who has this issue gets it resolved and can get back out on the road.

I love the car, but now I'm stuck driving a POS Chevy Sonic that does 0-60 in 12 seconds. Sucks driving this in Michigan. I'm so used to pulling out on a Michigan turn and being able to take off before the car coming rear ends me, not anymore. Also it's extremely small. Only positive is 34 city 40 highway fuel economy. I also already put 1500 miles on the rental and ill be sure to put more.

Although my VIN showed FSA 15B21, I just realized my build date is April 22nd, outside of the range "June 25, 2014 through April 28, 2015".

So I thought I would go back to ETIS to double check, now I see "MAX NUMBER OF LOGON SESSIONS REACHED, ACCESS TO GOASIS DENIED" under "Outstanding Field Service Actions". Anyone know what's up?

Another question is, if the affected range is "June 25, 2014 through April 28, 2015", how were the vehicles assembled differently prior to April 28th so that they fall outside the FSA?

Alex (and all that have wet Edge),

FYI- I left mine at the dealership on a Wednesday night and they repaired the seals and dried the carpet and pad. (Driver's seat out and carpet and pads pulled up with fans all over- took several days)

I refused to pick the car up, but after several days we came to an agreement. I picked up my car and have driven it while waiting for the carpet (backordered as you all know.) I figured that if the seal is fixed then I can deal with the 'bad' carpet for a month or two, and if it wasn't fixed then I would know before they replaced the carpet.

We haven't had a lot opt rain yet, but it's still dry after a few showers...

Keep us posted on how Ford handles your claim-

If the build date for your Edge is April 22nd, 2015, looks like you just made it into the FSA range, cv27!

Ah! Just woke up to the fact that the range is not "June 25, 2015 through April 28, 2015" (descending dates) as I thought, but rather "June 25, 2014 through April 28, 2015" (ascending dates). Still dry though so far.

• Like 1

Bought mine 4 days ago... same issue. This is ridiculous... If its a known issue then how come you can still buy one? Wouldn't they go ahead and check all the new ones on the lot before they sold them to someone? New car smell... gone. Faith in my vehicle....gone. I really don't even want this anymore but am stuck with it unless I want to pay a bunch of money? What is that about!

Bought mine 4 days ago... same issue. This is ridiculous... If its a known issue then how come you can still buy one? Wouldn't they go ahead and check all the new ones on the lot before they sold them to someone? New car smell... gone. Faith in my vehicle....gone. I really don't even want this anymore but am stuck with it unless I want to pay a bunch of money? What is that about!

According to the TSB (or whatever they consider it), dealers should have checked for this issue prior to delivery. I'd try to find the official TSB and see when it was sent out. If it was sent to your dealer, he failed to perform the fix, and still sold you the car.....you'd probably have a good case against him. My lawyer would be having a conversation with them for sure. That is complete BS.

I just got word mine is expected to arrive July 10 (ordered Feb 18). It will be interesting to see if it actually arrives as scheduled (I've heard that before, it was supposed to be delivered April 19). For anyone interested, I never did get much of a response from the Customer Relations Centre. Multiple promises that my case had been escalated and that a supervisor would call me but no one ever did.

Edited by Cheeky

Thanks for posting the letter from Ford! I dropped mine off to get it checked tonight. Still no signs of a leak, even after heavy rains and several flood and tornado warnings today.

It'd be interesting to get a record going of build date, 'leak' vs. 'no leak', and maybe trim level...

Edited by rockymtnsport

Trim level means nothing. Ford says April 28? I hear they just picked that date as it was the 35,000th Edge made to date. I don't know how true it is, so check your VIN's...FBB-----. I have heard from very reliable sources that they are still leaking/having issues up to FBB45000.

• Like 1

JUST THIS WEEK I bought and returned the next day a 2015 Edge. Luckily we noticed the issue the next morning and returned within 24 hours. Yes, these Edge's are still being sold without being fixed first! Build date was March 2015. Prior to the purchase I checked all of the review sites like edmunds and cars and microsoft autos websites and none mention this fiasco. Had I known, I wouldn't have even purchased it.

Why is the ford support staff monitors not offerring more detailed information on issue and fix? We have users posting TSB's and notices, instead of these Ford support people!?!?!?

I called to complain to Ford and they took my information down but were more concerned about my name than my problem. The data entry person noted at the end of the call that they were not obligated to followup and return my call.

SUGGESTION: If the ford support staff on this thread doesn't start offering some real detailed support and information by end of day Monday 6/29, then I would suggest one important move to all. I would think the 2015 owners need to go to the popular review sites and warn others. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR A 40k UNSUPPORTED LEMON.

I need to buy a car within a couple of weeks and am unsure. Maybe I should order an Edge from the factory, but that sounds like a complete mess still. I think I'll just simply order the Explorer. I am not outsourcing my car purchase, go USA. I only own Fords and will stay loyal, but the lack of information by the experts is frustrating.

Edited by supersoaker

Supersoaker I am with you on this.

I honestly don't feel Ford really knows what exactly the issue is. Why? Because my car doesn't have the sealer but has stayed bone dry. While others didn't have it, and they got wet.

I wouldn't buy an Edge at this point until I took a newly built one through a car wash a few times and made sure there was no sign of a link. I wouldn't even consider one built prior to May 1.

As for the Ford Customer Service people on here, there hands are tied regarding information. There is only so much they are allowed to say and do so I wouldn't talk negative toward them. They usually won't provide anything beyond what we can find publicly.

This is really pissing me off. The fact that I'm stuck driving an inferior Nissan Rogue almost 2 weeks and counting. Other dealerships in the area are putting people on waiting lists for the repairs until the necessary parts are received. I feel like contacting the dealership that has my car and demanding it back until they receive the necessary parts for the fix. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks,

Ben

This is really pissing me off. The fact that I'm stuck driving an inferior Nissan Rogue almost 2 weeks and counting. Other dealerships in the area are putting people on waiting lists for the repairs until the necessary parts are received. I feel like contacting the dealership that has my car and demanding it back until they receive the necessary parts for the fix. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks,

Ben

I'd let them keep it 30 days, then tell them you want a refund since it will qualify as a lemon in WI:

"2. The motor vehicle is out of service for an aggregate of at least 30 days because of warranty nonconformities."

This issue makes it hard to seriously consider the purchase of this vehicle. I does beg the question though, how will prospective buyers know when the issue receives a seal re-design or a "as built" fix? It would also be interesting to know just how many people's cars are plagued with this issue. We need a poll to help with that, but I don't see that option on this forum. Another question I had was just how much rain fall is required for this issue to show itself? Is a single trip through a car wash enough to show this flaw? I also wonder if and when this issue is resolved on the plant floor how long before we see the results of that "fix"? Let's hope that the fix happens soon, but my heart goes out to those owners being affected now and can only hope for a permanent fix for them soon.

Edited by Chipster

About 35,000 give or take were built, how many have the issue(s)??? maybe about 8,000. On the ones that were flooded, Ford is considering a free extended warranty and maintenance plan.

Can you tell us why some cars, like mine, is missing the seal yet not getting flooded?