have said it before...they are being fixed, I know of 100's being fixed 100% successfully. No more leaks, no smell, all new under pad etc....They can and are being fixed. Why waste your money on an attorney? Ford is stepping up to the plate and fixing or buying back cars.

You don't have to pay for an attorney when it comes to Lemon Laws. Of course you can, but it isn't required. Why do this? Because Ford sold a defective car and people have the right to get their money back or a replacement.

Ford isn't "Stepping up to the plate" when it comes to Lemon Laws. They have no other choice at that point. Fixing a defective car is not "Stepping up to the plate"....they have to because of warranty.

Stepping up to the plate would have been:

- Alerted all dealers / customers immediately when problem was realized. Not weeks down the road.

- Told dealers to not sell any of the vehicles that could be affected until a fix was done and they can be inspected to ensure there is no smell or mold. OR scrapping those cars that did show signs of water inside.

- Took the carpets from the factory and sent them to affected customers instead of making them wait on the "backorder". If you can produce them at the factory, you aren't on backorder. But backorder has led to Lemon Law claims so enjoy the buy back.

- Provided some incentive to the affected customers. This can be cash or an extended warranty that covers electrical issues and rust.

Stress, lost sleep??? It is a water leak, pone that can be fixed! You should have other things in your life other then worrying for nothing. It will be fixed or bought back-RELAX!

If I'm dropping $40k on a car and it springs a leak that can't be fixed for weeks after owning it for a few days, I am going to be pissed. And even more pissed because Ford is not helping except saying they'll replace some carpet and put you in a rental. That is not cool. I just dropped $40k on a car, I have to make my payments, but now I'm being thrown in to a rental for almost a month (in some cases)?

Then you have the thought of if this will cause issues down the road with the electrical systems. Or rust. or Mold. Or a mildew smell.

That will give you stress.

Ford should have scrapped these cars and fired the incompetent fool who was responsible for setting something up incorrectly.

Received letter (after noticing water and after taking it back to the dealer).

Called service at start of week 3. He told me to call Ford Customer Service.

Called Ford Customer Service and now have a CAS#.

Ford rep and I playing phone tag...

This story is almost identical to mine. Had car 3 days only put on 60 miles tops, when we noticed the wet carpet. It will be at the dealer for 4 weeks this Wednesday...

Tricia,

1. I returned the waterlogged car to the dealer. Thankfully the funds hadn't transferred yet for the purchase. I really am sorry I missed the 40k car rental experience, the mold, the carpet shortages, the future rust and electrical issues, etc. I certainly hope FORD pays more attention to these posts and responds faster...

Hello everyone,

If your vehicle is experiencing these symptoms please PM the information I requested in post #182. Also, if you need to get in contact with your customer service manager, I’ll be happy to get you connected. Be sure to include your case number in the PM. I’m here to document your feedback, escalate your concerns, and work towards a solution. :)

Tricia

From Fordedge facebook (go to that page, click on the post to page link on left, and scroll down the many comments, some related to this wet topic):

Great cars...till it rains...and the door pillars leak...and the rugs get saturated...and the inside begins to wreek...and your Ford dealer refuses to take it back...did I mention it's only a few weeks old? FORD SUCKS!!

Ford Service Hey Guy,

Let's see your Edge great on those rainy days too! Is your ride a 2015? How many miles are on it? I'm happy to look into this leaking situation.

Sarah
Ford Service
Guy Purcell It's not mine...it's my niece Taras.She also commented.First Ford has been giving her the runaround,told her the car would be repaired after it flooded(Now a salvage vehicle,NOT a recall issue in my opinion)at 2 weeks old.Tell her it's ready,and the carpets are still damp to the touch and it stinks of mold!I told her to have her insurance total it and sue first ford for any loss,that's what I'ld do...and report it to the local news at turn to ten,so others with the same issue know what Fords warranty is worth!
Another:

On my 6th Ford, sad that it may be my last. Extremely unhappy with my new 2015 Edge Titanium, 1 month old, water leaking, moldy and no fix in sight.

Patrick Gillease Further proof that the 2015 Edge is an absolute disaster from styling to functionality! Seriously, whoever designed the 2015 model year Edge needs to be fired at Ford! It's ugly as sin!
Ford Service Hi Simeon,

We want to make sure you stick around for Ford number 7! Please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info. We'll get to the bottom of this leak.

Sarah
Ford Service
Kacie Johnson I got letter in mail last week about this for 2015.
Ford Service Hey Kacie,

Shoot me a PM with your VIN, mileage, phone number, and dealer info. I'll look into that recall, and see how I may further assist.

Jeff
Ford Service
Kacie Johnson Jeff I don't think I have the leak w all the rain I've had around me I have not had wet floor

UPDATE:

Sitting in a Firestone dealer because the rental has a slow leak in passenger rear tire. Thursday The Wife took it back to rental place because flat butt light illuminated. Was told that's an issue with the T&C, but they put air in anyway. Looked low Saturday so i topped it off. Tuesday morning and it has lost 15psi since topping it off.

Called rental company, and no other comparable cars on the lot. "we will call Firestone across the street. Get it in now and I will let them know you're coming."

Twenty-five minutes later and Firestone has no idea what I'm talking about. 1-2 hr wait before they can see my rental.

Call rental co back. While on hold the Firestone guy came out and said he was gonna sneak it in as another customer went to lunch. Off of hold: "sorry. I really apologize. I got swamped and couldn't call."

"that's okay. I just needed to make sure I wasn't gonna chew out the wrong guy. Thanks for letting me know."

Went in and thanked Firestone. Let's hope they swap it, not put slime of a faulty patch.

My autobiography will be called "weltyed: first world problem child"

btw, I am headed to a farm...

Edited by Weltyed
  • Like 1

headed on a quick trip to a farm. Don't want to deal with a bad tire and I need the space of the bus, not their compact "threat" car.

They had some edges on the lot when we first got the rental. The Wife told them about the issues and they said, "that's why the carpets are wet! We thought so wine left the windows open!

All their edges are now in the shop.

HEY! Tires done!

Nail.

LOL I'd tell that rental company that they can come and handle the flat. Not my car. Bring me something else while you get this thing repaired.

The hell if I'm running around town getting a rental car repaired.

LOL I'd tell that rental company that they can come and handle the flat. Not my car. Bring me something else while you get this thing repaired.

headed on a quick trip to a farm. Don't want to deal with a bad tire and I need the space of the bus, not their compact "threat" car.

They had some edges on the lot when we first got the rental. The Wife told them about the issues and they said, "that's why the carpets are wet! We thought so wine left the windows open!

All their edges are now in the shop.

HEY! Tires done!

Nail. No visual confirmation, but woulda been nice if the rental co had checked it last Thursday. You know, before we drove seven hours.

Update on mine... Ford called yesterday to tell me they are going to replace my Edge, I bought it on the 20th and it was in the shop on the 24th til now. Not really a bad experience (minus the rental for 3 and a half weeks). Everyone at Ford was extremely friendly. They say I can choose my replacement and am allowed a little over what I paid for my original based on the MSRP. However, I have to go through the local dealership to get this done and Im a little worried about getting done wrong by a salesman... Ive been very patient and understanding through all this, I would like a little reward for that. maybe a Moonroof!

• Like 2

Update on mine... Ford called yesterday to tell me they are going to replace my Edge, I bought it on the 20th and it was in the shop on the 24th til now. Not really a bad experience (minus the rental for 3 and a half weeks). Everyone at Ford was extremely friendly. They say I can choose my replacement and am allowed a little over what I paid for my original based on the MSRP. However, I have to go through the local dealership to get this done and Im a little worried about getting done wrong by a salesman... Ive been very patient and understanding through all this, I would like a little reward for that. maybe a Moonroof!

Awesome to hear. Little over sounds like a moonroof to me.

Here's the update on my white sport:

Ordered Feb 18

Built March 27

ETA April 19 then held

Delivered to Dealership July 4

Took possession July 10

Despite being held at the factory for a little over 2 months, I found today that my driver side floor is wet (heavy rain yesterday)!

As frustrated as I was at having to wait 5 months for my vehicle I was happy that I would not have to deal with the water issues like those of you that have been posting. It seems that despite whatever was inspected and done at the factory has failed to resolve the issue. I guess now I will be joining the rest of you in having driven my brand new vehicle for a few short days only to be stuck in a rental while I wait for back ordered carpets and such.....

Ford has and is stepping up to the plate! They did put out a stop sell order...it was up to your dealer not to sell you the car. They are working on the issue and are looking at various options, things take time...Look at the GM ignition recall, people were in rentals for 8 months! And the Toyota sudden acceleration...people were in rentals for 4-6 months. Things take time.

Ford has and is stepping up to the plate! They did put out a stop sell order...it was up to your dealer not to sell you the car. They are working on the issue and are looking at various options, things take time...Look at the GM ignition recall, people were in rentals for 8 months! And the Toyota sudden acceleration...people were in rentals for 4-6 months. Things take time.

Edgey Guy- wondering how much stock you have in Ford or if you're a plant sent here to reign in all the angry people with wet feet-

Go help out a small farmer, do some physical labor, that will relieve your stress for sure ;)

See above- I already farm so how about you give me 40K and I dump a few buckets of water in your new car? ;)

have said it before...they are being fixed, I know of 100's being fixed 100% successfully. No more leaks, no smell, all new under pad etc....They can and are being fixed. Why waste your money on an attorney? Ford is stepping up to the plate and fixing or buying back cars.

Stress, lost sleep??? It is a water leak, pone that can be fixed! You should have other things in your life other then worrying for nothing. It will be fixed or bought back-RELAX!

Again- really? It was my experience that Ford didn't want to address the problem. My dealer dried out the car and (I think) replaced the carpet. Everyone we spoke to at Ford dumped it back in the dealership's lap. Ford would let me trade my wet Edge for another- IF I paid TTL for a new one.

Relax? not quite yet…

The dealer is there to help you! They have their hands tied by the Corporation. Keep complaining, that will get Ford's attention. If you see some of the other posts, Ford ha authorized buy backs. You just have to pay for wear and tear/mileage...very fair and is how ALL car manufacturers do it.

A plant...I don't think so, check out some of my other posts. The only issue the Corporation has seen I swathe the power inverters under the passenger feet, if they get wet they go a little wonky.

So I see Consumerist has an article. It references Consumer Reports as thinking wet carpet was initially due to a window during rain. I think thisay have even been in their original review, if I'm not crossing synapses.

They also say Ford is indeed issuing buy-backs, but you may need to work through Ford. I already have a CAS and haven't heard back since late Thursday. I think Ron called me as he left the office.

Do I push the CusServRep Ron or wait for Lemon Law to kick in?

• Like 1

The only people I contacted was the Service Center Manager, just to see if he had heard anything. I would just be patient and wait until he calls you. Im thinking the longer it takes the more likely they are to replace it. Now, on that. Im not sure how this replacement process is going to work in my favor. Im a little worried. Im trying to go with a vehicle that is about 4k more than mine was. I figure I deserve it. If it gets approved I will let yall know!

The only people I contacted was the Service Center Manager, just to see if he had heard anything. I would just be patient and wait until he calls you. Im thinking the longer it takes the more likely they are to replace it. Now, on that. Im not sure how this replacement process is going to work in my favor. Im a little worried. Im trying to go with a vehicle that is about 4k more than mine was. I figure I deserve it. If it gets approved I will let yall know!

I would do the same thing. Shoot the moon...all they can do is say no. Maybe they'll meet you in the middle?

Hey Edgey Guy,

You seem to have a lot of knowledge on this subject. My soggy, gutted Edge sits in the rhubarb of the dealer. Its fate is unknown, the dealer, and Ford as well told me they where going to replace the vehicle.

That was two weeks ago, a barrage of phone calls to both Ford Customer Service and the dealer resulted in a large waste of my time. Seems the whole company is either HUA or is awaiting some direction from on high to move on this. Funny, Ford Credit has no issue diving into my bank account for their monthly no so just desserts.

I am pleased that Ford will do the right thing and replace the buggy, After seeing the gutted interior, I was concerned with the amount of wiring that is in the driver's foot well, along with molex type connectors being submerged for only God knows how long.

Do you (or any other folks on this board) have any idea how long this process should take? Sorry for the whining, however there seems to me more people listening on this board than all of Ford Canada.

Perhaps a stop payment with the bank will get Ford's attention.

Thanks All & good luck with all your issues!!!