Water Leak! Help!

built2prfctn

I received my letter in the mail yesterday from Ford: Customer Satisfaction Program 15B21. I will drop a copy off at my dealer's service department. I have driven in the rain and been thru a touch-less car wash and NO water leak issues. The letter says the program is in effect until June 30, 2016. My build date was April 27, 2015 with VIN 34000 approx. (Titanium/AWD, in case that matters.)

[i couldn't figure out the picture on this forum compared to my car.]

Ditto here as well. Taking mine in on Thursday of this week. Dealer was not well educated on this issue, though, and I was on hold for 20 minutes just trying to make an appointment for it.

Today I dropped the Sport off at the dealer for repair. I am working directly with the service manager so hopefully this gets done right. "Dont call me unless the truck is fixed" LOL And they gave me a Lincoln MKZ for loaner which is good. Lets hope leak and electronics turn out ok again.

Must be nice - my dealership told me Ford wasn't paying for loaner cars so I'm SOL.

Must be nice - my dealership told me Ford wasn't paying for loaner cars so I'm SOL.

Call Ford Customer Support. I have had a loaner/rental for almost two weeks now. In Canada. I am sure that Ford CS will talk to the dealer on your behalf. Also ping Trisha (page three in this thread), a Ford Customer Service Rep, who has been work with customers who have had the misfortune of buying these wet wagons. Good Luck - don't ask Ford for a rental/loaner, DEMAND it !!!

The bulletin states you get a loaner. I can send you a copy (just PM me) or check the other thread where I posted it. Print it off and take it to the dealer.

I am still not sure why folks like me never had any issues with water. I am not convinced that the fix they provided is really what is wrong.

The bulletin states you get a loaner. I can send you a copy (just PM me) or check the other thread where I posted it. Print it off and take it to the dealer.

I am still not sure why folks like me never had any issues with water. I am not convinced that the fix they provided is really what is wrong.

I am with you on this. I haven't had any issues through a bunch of really hard rains. Built April 10. I've posted pics that show no visible sealer where they are fixing the issue nor any signs of water ever being near that seam. There has to be a failure somewhere else that is letting water get to that seam in the first place.

So maybe it is actually two failures. One at that seam and one somewhere else. If you eliminate the failure that is allowing water to get to that seam, then the same never gives you an issue.

I'm still taking mine in to get the 'fix' applied.

• Like 1

The bulletin I got says you only get a loaner if you find a leak. of course, you have to have them look at it before they make that determination which defeats the purpose.

The bulletin I got says you only get a loaner if you find a leak. of course, you have to have them look at it before they make that determination which defeats the purpose.

If the carpets are not wet, Ford allows 0.7 hrs I believe to apply the sealant, so I would not expect them to offer a loaner. If the carpets are wet, then that's a lonnnng repair and a loaner is a must.

Either way, it takes 30 seconds to feel the carpets to know which way the repairs will go.

A question for the folks that are seeing wet carpets. Are any of you using any brand of "all weather rubber floor liners"? I am just trying to figure out if the area that Ford is re-sealing is really the only source of water infiltration? I am guessing that if you have water contained in a rubber lined floor mat that the source of the water is somewhere other than the place the sealant is being added. Just thinking out loud here...

From the sounds of it, it is not concentrated to one area. There are people saying they are finding "pools" of water on the driver and/or passenger side. And some have reported a touchless wash should be sufficient to show the symptoms. I'd run it through 2-3 times to double check.

Can you take a pic of your seal as I did with my car. I'd like to see what is coming out of the factory now.

WingNut, attached is a photo I took tonight of the sealant that is applied to the A pillar. There was a good rain here today and my edge is still dry, so appears the initial wet carpet I experienced picking the edge up from the dealer was from the door being opened during a heavy rain. (Knock on wood). I am attaching the pic of my edge with sealant compared to the photo you originally posted.

post-35009-0-58579800-1435279401_thumb.jpg

post-35009-0-13644500-1435279423_thumb.jpg

Got the Edge back this afternoon. Dropped it off at 7 and didn't get it back until 2PM. Ford may only pay the dealer for .7 hours, but they sure took their time with it. On the work sheet it mentioned removal and replacement of the cowl and A-pillar. For parts they mentioned the sealant and 1/8" brake hose (?!)

My carpets have never been wet to my knowledge, but its only been in light rain once and a car wash once

I wonder if all of the affected Edges have the BAMR. Do the drains for the roof run down the "A" pillar? I would think that if that is the route of the drains that Ford would have looked at that possibility early on.

The new Edge has channels on the sides of the windshield presumably to collect water & prevent it from sweeping to the side windows, I would suspect that water draining down those channelsago directly to the A pillar seams.

• Like 1

Hello I have a 2015 Ford Edge Titanium, I got 29 May 2015.

I had the problem of water in my Ford Edge, about 1 inch driver's side only water.

There is repaired for a week and everything is correct.

Ford garage in Quebec made the repair and they kept my Edge 3 days in the garage.

I asked from where came the problem, the hood hinge.

As I stated earlier in the blogs, I discovered the wet floor after a couple of weeks of ownership.I found this Edge water leak blog site and then went directly to the dealer principal at my dealership with my copy of the 15B21 in my hand! He was aware of the situation, told me about having the stop sale, also had the 15B21 info on his desk. Took my Edge in Monday the 22nd. They call me with updates and still have the vehicle. Had no problem to have them provide me with a vehicle. The loaner turned out to be an Edge Titanium, the same color as mine! They have assured me that I will be satisfied when I get my own vehicle back. We'll see! In the meantime, I put the mileage on someone else's vehicle!

• Like 1

As I stated earlier in the blogs, I discovered the wet floor after a couple of weeks of ownership.I found this Edge water leak blog site and then went directly to the dealer principal at my dealership with my copy of the 15B21 in my hand! He was aware of the situation, told me about having the stop sale, also had the 15B21 info on his desk. Took my Edge in Monday the 22nd. They call me with updates and still have the vehicle. Had no problem to have them provide me with a vehicle. The loaner turned out to be an Edge Titanium, the same color as mine! They have assured me that I will be satisfied when I get my own vehicle back. We'll see! In the meantime, I put the mileage on someone else's vehicle!

Same with mine. Dealer has had it since 6/15 and has still not repaired the problem. Took out the entire interior, including steering wheel, and entire front of car. Supposedly waiting for a part to seal something by firewall. I'm told I wont see it before late July or early August b/c carpet is on backorder and it needs to be replaced, besides putting the whole car back together. Good luck!

I have my copy of the 15B21 bulletin from Ford. Does anyone have a copy, image or link to the Ford TSB pages so I can see what the tech's have been given by Ford?

It would be interesting to see what Ford is telling them to look for, other than wet carpets.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I do (except the last page). I asked the service manager when I had my "fix" done. I have not had any water leaks before or after the fix, it was more preventative. I posted the actual bulletin in the other thread talking about the leak but can send you a PDF if you wanted to shoot me your email via IM.

Same with mine. Dealer has had it since 6/15 and has still not repaired the problem. Took out the entire interior, including steering wheel, and entire front of car. Supposedly waiting for a part to seal something by firewall. I'm told I wont see it before late July or early August b/c carpet is on backorder and it needs to be replaced, besides putting the whole car back together. Good luck!

I'd lemon law that thing so fast. You keep it...I'll get something new I can actually drive.