Water Leak! Help!

built2prfctn

People can take it for what it's worth, and I believe dealers will sell you vehicle right now. I was not planning on getting 2015, and from what I've read so far I would not take the chance. I will be waiting for the 2016 and hope all the issues are worked out by then.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2015/07/stop-sale-finds-ford-edge-under-water/index.htm

I found this line curious... "It's interesting to note that vehicles that do have evidence of water damage after the three-day procedure may qualify for a buy back. Customers would need to work through their customer service rep on the details." Why would they buy back vehicles with no water damage. Wonder what is the criteria? I think @WingNut should investigate. :)

I found this line curious... "It's interesting to note that vehicles that do have evidence of water damage after the three-day procedure may qualify for a buy back. Customers would need to work through their customer service rep on the details." Why would they buy back vehicles with no water damage. Wonder what is the criteria? I think @WingNut should investigate. :)

It reads to me like any vehicle WITH signs of water damage can be bought back.

Cleaning the edge today and realize the mats are in a half inch of water. I don't know how I didn't realize sooner.

What do I do!?!? Called dealer I have to wait 2 weeks for a loaner. This is BS! I'm used to getting spoiled

at Infiniti.

Do we know where the leak is coming from?

Try this article http://www.automobilemag.com/features/news/1507-ford-refutes-reports-on-2015-edge-stop-sale/

Ok So Ford is buying back the truck. Looks like they said they are willing to give me 2,000$ worth of upgrades for my troubles. My Sport was already fully loaded. Looks like I will look for one with the 21" wheels.

What build dates should I avoid?!?!

Great news.

Do you really think Ford can do something like that in a day or less? You don't know much about corporations.

I can assure you the media requests were coming not too long ago. These reports/articles don't get researched and written within a day.

Either way I'm glad they are buying these things back for these members.

Still waiting for ours to be fixed..

They upgraded our Rental vehicle for us which was nice..

Ford Canada admitted one of the machines wasn't set properly at the plant, and that's what caused this whole fiasco.. Apparenlty ours is the worst 2 of the Ford Executives have seen during this recall (Not sure that's a good thing at all...)

Once my Edge DOES get fixed, someone from Ford Canada Speciality Unit is supposed to be flying out to give it a tripple check over and to make sure the carpet & underlay is done properly..

Still looking at another 2 weeks atleast, but atleast I'm getting more regular info from my contact at Ford Corporate now.. Think I ruffled enough feathers the last month..

Just want my vehicle back!!

• Like 2

So I bought my '15 in end of April in jersey we hadn't had much rain until a down pour end of May that left 4" of rain on my driver side floor had to take my shoes off to drive the thing right back to medford ford, I used to be the diesel tech there. I asked my buddy about it and he said yeah there's a tsb for the leak something about not being built right on early models, great my edge has 1k miles on it.... My question is how a year later are they now just find this out on something that happened on early build units?? I feel completely let down with the FoMoCo and have lost confidence with them... My edge had been at the dealer for 6 weeks, everyone on the forum knows the details, and I told them last week start the paper work I want out of my lease I want out of ford... This week the buyback program BS begins I was called first by a CSR who said YES I will be able to leave ford, I got the call from ford acquisition saying no I HAVE to stay with for and I HAVE to pick out a car of equal or greater msrp because and I quote "if I leave ford it will take a long time and be a lot of paper work".. Well I have lost confidence with this company completely I felt swept under the carpet for over a month while BTW I STILL MADE MY $420 lease payment for nothing my loaner a damn Hyundai elentra!!! Does anybody else on the forum feel totally betrayed and want to leave ford like I do I need help or advise on how to break my lease... What I was told my the medford ford general manager with they will scribble out the old vin and write in the new vin.. A lease is a contract and you just don't scribble stuff out that's a breech of contract? Can't I just turn my leased Lemon in and say I wish to not sign another lease agreement with a company I have zero faith in?? This whole ordeal has just pissed me right off and no one at ford seems to care...

Oh and btw fords fix is to slop silicone between the firewall and cowl it will not be permanent with the chassis flexing now way is it ever going to hold up water will find away in this isn't like a window seal this seal should have made its way in to the vehicle when it was put together... Anyone on here accepting a "fixed" vehicle probably should reconsider this buy back program which should be interesting and probably take another month as another Lease payment and another month in my sweet Hyundai elentra!!

My horror story is still going and I'm at my whits end currently..

Just got told today it could be another 3 - 4 weeks due to "Delays". Carpet hasn't even been ordered yet.. Ford has found some more issues..

Calling BS right across Canada..

For anyone in Canada I did find this handy link for Government assistance - http://www.camvap.ca/arbitration/agreement/#27

Currently waiting for contact from an Arbitrator and my media friends.

I am getting tired of this whole thing and would have been better off to keep my previous vehicle (not a Ford). I have not had any updates or contacts from Ford. The last update from the dealer was a few weeks ago when I saw the car sitting outside and thought it must be ready to go. I went in to check. My mistake, no interior in it. Dealer, at that time said they were waiting for instruction from Ford. So far, since obtaining the vehicle May 25th, I had it for 25 days and the dealer has had it for 33 days and counting. I thought about going through CAMVAP but was informed that the decision is binding and some of the funding for the program is provided by the manufacturers. Perhaps our friend in Calgary can let us know how CAMVAP is working for him. Have any of the Canadians that have the A pillar leaking problem received their fixed vehicles back yet, or had a satisfactory settlement with Ford?

Well I have good news for any one that has bought a '15 edge.. Through ford reacquired vehicles they at first offered a deal to give me a new ford or Lincoln at same or higher msrp obviously at my cost if more than $2500... I said NO DEAL!!! I'm done with ford this whole thing has made me hate ford and I'm a ford guy drove a 99 ford SHO for 13 years I worked at the same ford dealership I bought the edge from for years I'm even ford master certified... So I counter offered and said submit for approval an offer to compeletly buy back my edge and break my lease, I wish it was as easy as I make it sound but it wasn't anywho I just got a call from ford reacquired vehicles saying that my offer was approved and ford it buying back my edge free and clear and I can move on and get the car of u choice not a ford... If anyone needs any help with there edge I have a ton of contacts please PM me I'd be more than happy to help!!

• Like 1

My process is finally complete. They bought my truck back and I picked up my new sport. (Same everything) 55$ less a month also. New truck was built 2 weeks ago

If your Edge was built 2 weeks ago, it must mean Ford is obtaining and using insulation, carpets and other necessary pieces and parts to build new trucks instead of providing them to the dealers to fix the vehicles they have already sold. Great customer relations!

Slight update..

Had a meeting with the Dealership I purchased the vehicle from Friday afternoon.. Met with the GM and the Shop Manager..

They showed me all the documents related to the Stop sell order which was put out in Canada, the day after I purchased our unit and the 22 page repair document that their staff have been reviewing. The Stop Sell order is still in effect for Edge's produced withiin a certain date frame across Canada from what they know of as well.

Everything's been ordered and received so far but their currently waiting on 2 parts which haven't been produced.. These will be shipped once they come off the line in either Oakville or US.. Entire interior including wiring will have to be re-done.. If these 2 parts come out next Tuesday (Pending no more Ford Corporate delays) they should be here by End of week and then the dealership can finally start getting to work.

GM Feels awful about all this, they didn't think the unit I purchased would be effected and the Shop Manager feels just as bad because we shouldn't be going through all this.. They have a brand new unit on the lot at the moment, GM has put in a request for Ford to buy back my vehicle so they can get me into this one.. Would be nice to we can get on with our lives this summer...

Will know more on Monday whether the waiting game continues or I get a brand new vehicle.

• Like 1