2015 Edge MPG

Kevin Su

I just finished a trip of 1853 miles to denver and back from Boise Id 3 days driving in town denver I set the cruise on 85 and averaged 22.5 mpg. I have a awd v6 titainium. The total driving time was 31 hrs which computes to an average speed of 59 mph which would include rest stops and 3 days of in town driving. I see 85 octane fuel. when I started the trip I had just under 5000 miles on it. around home normal 50/50 21mpg

I have always felt the auto manufacturers advertised MPG to be somewhat disshonest and they will never stand behind their rating that is what makes a forum like this so valuable ... /15 Titanium 2.0 AWD with 3,000 miles ... so far 23 MPG with 2/3 hwy under 70 MPH ... if we all keep posting,the truth will out

Perk

just over 5k miles on our 2015 sport....and we currently see 23.7 mpg combined(2k miles) and 28mpg on highway( via 8 hour drive through the mountains averaging 50 to 70 mph......on small 2 hour highway trips Ive seen as high as 31mpg.....(flat highway at a static speed of 70mph).

Wife & Her Sister took the longest road trip yet in our '15 Edge SEL AWD w/3.5L V-6. 1375 miles about 97-1/2% All Interstate, 24.2 mpg, 23.15 hours, 59.4 mph average speed. All info per the on-board computer. Running the whole way with the A/C cranked up full blast. I changed the engine oil/filter at 4250 miles just before Wifey left.

I have always felt the auto manufacturers advertised MPG to be somewhat disshonest and they will never stand behind their rating

You obviously don't understand how EPA ratings are calculated. The EPA rules are very strict so that the test can be repeated over and over with consistent results. The automakers don't make up the numbers - they run the test and report the results. If you drive EXACTLY like the EPA test specifies (including things like not using A/C and not using E-10 fuel, same temps, etc.) you'll get the window sticker mpg. But nobody drives like that. Actual results can vary widely between drivers and conditions even on the same vehicle.

I have always felt the auto manufacturers advertised MPG to be somewhat disshonest and they will never stand behind their rating that is what makes a forum like this so valuable ... /15 Titanium 2.0 AWD with 3,000 miles ... so far 23 MPG with 2/3 hwy under 70 MPH ... if we all keep posting,the truth will out

Perk

Completely agree, I easily get more MPG then they always post on the highway MPG rating on the sticker.

You obviously don't understand how EPA ratings are calculated. The EPA rules are very strict so that the test can be repeated over and over with consistent results. The automakers don't make up the numbers - they run the test and report the results. If you drive EXACTLY like the EPA test specifies (including things like not using A/C and not using E-10 fuel, same temps, etc.) you'll get the window sticker mpg. But nobody drives like that. Actual results can vary widely between drivers and conditions even on the same vehicle.

Since they revised those a few years ago, they aren't too far off. Those companies who have either screwed up or outright lied about MPG numbers have gotten in hot water and ended up giving money back to customers. I know, because Ford sent me a check for the MPG on my hybrid 2014 Fusion not matching real world numbers. Same thing happened with Hyundai a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Trip from Mass to RI, cruise at 65 when possible and still downshifting/upshifting to make sure rev's don't stay constant.

2015 Edge Sport 2.7TT

IMG_9894.jpg

My current ride Edge is going to replace gave me around 26mpg (9.2 l/100km) on our longest family trip - over 5000K kms from Toronto, ON to SW Florida and back.

Damn I'm sold.

Goodbye Titanium, hello Sport.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got back from a 800 mile trip with the 2015 2.7L TT (2000 miles on car). Ran it 70-75 mph on 87 octane regular with up to 10% ethanol. Got 26.8 mpg on way up and 27.8 on the way back. Trip odometer and manual calculation pretty much the same. Happy with car. Vista roof open all the way is a little overwhelming though.

• 2 weeks later...