What did you own before buying your 2015 Edge?

I am looking for a replacement for my ageing Chevy Blazer 4 X 4 and have decided that I don't need another 4 X 4 so a front wheel drive vehicle seems like a good fit. I must say I am still not sure which vehicle will work best for me, but the Edge that I did a test drive in seemed very nice. I was curious in knowing what you had, and what sold you on the Edge? I think the Escape might have worked for me except I will need to tow a boat and wanted a V-6. I drove a Chevy V-6 powered Equinox and it drove nicely also. My biggest problem is comparing "anything" to my old Blazer is like comparing a Model T to a Ferrari. What vehicles did you drive in your search to find a new vehicle?

post-35611-0-81032400-1442952309_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chipster

Wife & I had a 1983 2wd S-10 Blazer w/2.8l V-6. Talk about an under powered DOG! Small children on Big Wheel trikes beat that thing stop light to stop light! We over compensated just a bit, next car was a new '88 Mustang GT hatchback HO 5.0L with 5-speed manual trans. One of the last Mustangs with T-tops.

The Edge should pull a small trailer well. The 3.5L V6 has a 3500# tow rating. If you tow a boat, and launch at slick or dirty landings, the all wheel drive may be a wise choice.

Wife's last car/SUV was a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer AWD, 4.6L V8. 12 years and 205,000 miles it was getting to the point of having expensive repairs yearly. The Mountaineer got 18+/- mpg, the Edge is getting 24-1/2 so far. We never towed with the Mountaineer, and only ever had four people in it a handful of times. The Edge is plenty big for our needs.

I thought a new Escape would have been nice but Wife agreed with Son that the Edge was nicer. More money too!

A Honda Ridgeline, it was a bit too big in an urban setting had little to no tech (e.g. USB, back-up camera, Bluetooth) and was at least 50HP under powered. On the positive side it was bullet-proof, had a great stereo (ran on the ear plug jack) and held a lot of gear.

• 2 weeks later...

2010 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4x4 lifted with Nitto Trail Grappler 305/55/20. Very nice truck, I loved it but it wasn't practical for me and my wife anymore. I was also spending to much money on upgrades for it. I needed something smaller but nice looking and nice driving and I love the look and ride in the 2015 Ford Edge SEL nicely optioned.

I traded my loaded 2013 Chevy Malibu (which I purchased new last year) with only had 4938 miles on it for my 2013 Edge with 52198 miles. Do miss a few of the Chevy options but otherwise have not looked back. The Edge is a remarkable vehicle.

Burke

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2013 Fusion SE w/1.6L Ecoboost, luxury package and 6-speed manual. I had a Focus ST on order to replace it ( I drive a lot of miles per year and replace about every 2-3 years). The ST kept getting delayed without a good reason, and I had a buyer jump on the Fusion, so I was a bit pressured to buy something off the lot. My preferred dealer just got delivery of it's first 2015 Edge Sport, and after having driven a SEL a couple days earlier, and hoping for just a bit bit more pizzazz, jumped on the Sport when he told me about it. Like another responder, I miss my manual trans. This is the first automatic trans car I've owned in 30-plus years. The rest is great, though the torque steer is a bit intense (it would be with the ST too of course).

• 2 weeks later...

Traded a 2009 Chevy traverse in on the new edge. 100 000 km because the traverse had many issues with the engine and transmission. Engine timing chains stretch and wave plate breaks on the transmission. Can't trust it anymore. I have a 2011 edge that has been flawless, so that helped our decision.

Sold my 2009 Edge SEL AWD to my father and got a 2015 Edge Titanium AWD 2.0L Friday (my order finally came in). Gonna tint the front windows next week. What an upgrade (for both of us)! I try to find excuses to go out and drive it constantly now.

My New Edge

Sold my 2009 Edge SEL AWD to my father and got a 2015 Edge Titanium AWD 2.0L Friday (my order finally came in). Gonna tint the front windows next week. What an upgrade (for both of us)! I try to find excuses to go out and drive it constantly now.

Watch when you just tint the front. Colors of the tint dont usually match.

/04 Cadillac SRX .. cannot recommend the Edge Titanium too highly ... as much room as the Cadillac ... quieter ... same comfort and more features ... power of the 2.0 is surprisingly sufficient ... the new technology is far superior and a great value..

Perk

• 3 weeks later...

Traded my 2012 Chevy Volt for my new Edge Sport. The Volt was an amazing commuter car. I literally got 1000 miles between fill ups of the 9 gallon tank- and actually I'd typically pump in only 7 gallons since I'd rarely run the tank even close to dry.

It also never went in for repairs, in fact I still had 70% life left on the original oil that came with the car- so zero oil changes either!

Issues it had were that it only sat 4 so was tight on space, and it wasn't very exciting to drive. My Edge Sport has solved those two problems :)

I just traded in my 2014 Mazda 6 for a 2015 Edge Titanium 3.6L V6 AWD fully loaded. The only thing i was unable to put on it was the driver assistance package which was delayed from what i heard. Wife was asking me to get us a SUV since our family is growing. Well as they say a happy wife equals a happy life lol. Surprised her with a Oxford White Edge. She loves it. The technology in it is more than needed but figured we get it so it doesn't go out of date too fast. Thing drives soft and super quiet. We drive it everywhere. No complaints here!

I owned a 2013 Ford Edge Sport AWD Ruby Red! I miss it. Never one issue with 30,000 miles on it. I have owned the 08 Limited, 11 and 12 Limited and 13 and 15 Sport all AWD Edges. Love them! (yes I have a problem with changing out cars) :yahoo:

I also had a 2013 Edge, but Limited, AWD, and Mineral Grey. The wife and I just traded in for a 2015 Ruby Red AWD Titanium. Love it so far!

traded in 2003 pontiac grand prix gt(on the edge) and now my wife drives the 2015 edge sport and I drive our 2006 torrent.....I still can not believe the difference in vehicle quality when going from the torrent to the edge.....the edge still leaves me in awe of how much I like it and enjoy driving it.

Edited by cds71

• 3 weeks later...