What did you own before buying your 2015 Edge?

how does the outlander compare to the sport?

Obviously, Edge is a quite higher in class, and I like it more, but there still are things that are better on Outlander.

For example - WindowsCE-based navigation does not have to lag or freeze for several seconds! It does not on developed in 2005 Outlander's MMCS navi.

Considerably more customization options available on Outlander (like when to lock/unlock doors, what to do on locking/unlocking - blink or honk).

Or bigger rear view mirrors. Or cooled glovebox. Or proper wheel mount pattern - 5x114.3 instead of exotic 5x108 we have on Edge...

Most surprising thing is that I don't feel really underpowered going back from Edge to Outlander. 3.0 V6 has only 230hp and 215 lb of torque but it sounds really nice (maybe due to much weaker soundproofing), and is still able to pull roughly same 4000lb Outlander without making your feel too slow.

Anyway, whatever your new ride is, old one will still have something new one lacks.

That was exactly same way when I got Outlander after having 2005 Ford Freestyle

I traded in my 2012 Jeep Liberty sport for the Edge. The Jeep was lifted with Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires. The gas mileage on the Jeep was killing me and I was upside down on my loan. So I leased this Edge SE with the 2.0 EcoBoost and have loved every minute of it so far. I miss a few options my Jeep had but I'm already loving the 8mpg increase I'm seeing.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the "hot Hatch" market in North America consists of Civics(if you still consider it a hatch), VW Golf/GTI/R, Veloster and the Ford Focus ST/RS. We are missing many of the other hot hatches like the Audi RS3, MB A45 AMG, All of the GM variants of the Astra VXR, The Euro automakers that we do not have in N/A and Subaru Levorg STI.

Unfortunately the "hot Hatch" market in North America consists of Civics(if you still consider it a hatch), VW Golf/GTI/R, Veloster and the Ford Focus ST/RS. We are missing many of the other hot hatches like the Audi RS3, MB A45 AMG, All of the GM variants of the Astra VXR, The Euro automakers that we do not have in N/A and Subaru Levorg STI.

I've had many hot hatches including Japanese, German, Italian and French. Of all these the Intergra Type R and Alfa Romeo 147 GTA where amazing in a completely different way - one was a racing car for the road and the other a flawed over engined sloppy chassis piece of automotive genius, nothing i have had or will have again pluck your heart strings as the Afla did. The 3.2 V6 sounded like a Dino and had torque, too much for the chassis so after i added a LSD and added another 30 bhp (standard they were 245) it was like a rabbid dog, loved it. Should i ever move back to the UK again i will definitely buy another as a weekend car.