Ford Edge Forum
Sign in to follow this  
enigma-2

Blind spot mirror

Have a 09 MKX. Decided to change out the drivers rear view mirror to one with a blind spot integrated mirror built-in. Easy switch out, takes about two minutes to pop off the original mirror glass, and about three to plug in the wiring and press the new one in place.

After changing over we took a day trip of couple hundred miles. New mirror makes all the difference in the world. Very easy to see car's in the blind spot. Thinking about replacing the passengers mirror next. Bought off Ebay.

• Like 1

I really like the blind spot mirrors on the 2011 I drive and the wife's has the Bliss that lights up. Tonight I got to see the Bliss on the dash light up and it really got MG's attention. It only lights up if your foot is not on the brake.

• Like 1

09's didn't have bliss as an option. Be nice, but always wondered if it would interfere with my radar detector? (Bliss operates on one of the radar frequencies).

Just noticed yesterday that the new mirror has auto dim on it. Car behind me had brights on (oh, how I love guys like that), & the mirror dimmed automatically (same as the interior mirror). Kind of a light green tint I'm guessing. Original 09 mirror didn't have this.