WeatherTech Mats for my '15 Edge

I have now received both my front and back seat WeatherTech floor mats and have installed them. I love the fit and look! The first pictures are the front and I took them after i got them dirty. The back pictures are clean. Now they need to get the cargo mats into production.

post-36142-0-21307800-1436377001_thumb.jpg

post-36142-0-30734000-1436377008_thumb.jpg

post-36142-0-59323100-1436377012_thumb.jpg

post-36142-0-42347500-1436377018_thumb.jpg

post-36142-0-09590800-1436377023_thumb.jpg

post-36142-0-29955300-1436377028_thumb.jpg

Edited by wtxd
  • Like 1

In case anyone is interested, I called WeatherTech today. The guy I spoke with said it is taking longer on the '15 edge because everything was redesigned so they are having to retool everything. The cargo mat is currently in tooling as we speak and he said it could be 3-4 weeks and then it should be up on the website. It could be sooner though so he said to keep checking online.

• Like 2

In case anyone is interested, I called WeatherTech today. The guy I spoke with said it is taking longer on the '15 edge because everything was redesigned so they are having to retool everything. The cargo mat is currently in tooling as we speak and he said it could be 3-4 weeks and then it should be up on the website. It could be sooner though so he said to keep checking online.

I really recommend those waiting for the Weathertech cargo mat go with the OEM one. I'm very happy with it

• 3 months later...

I ordered a set of WheatherTech (black, front & back) as well, supposedly arriving tomorrow. As we all know, you can surely buy some MUCH cheaper winter mats at Wal-Mart or wherever but then, after only one winter, you get that white rectangle showing around your summer mats.

I really dug around to find cheaper custom fit liners but found nothing as good as WheatherTech. But I would love to see the margin on those though... ouch!

• Like 1

What colour did you order? I'm still thinking which one suits best.

Black because my carpet is black. I have never been a fan of how WeatherTech's gray or tan match the applicable carpet colors. It looks off for obvious reasons. This is why I always buy black carpeted cars because I always put in WeatherTech liners.

The price tag is not easy to swallow. But if you want your carpet to look new, buy them. In the winter they are awesome because you won't have salt/snow on your carpets. When dirty just rinse off or scrub with a scrub brush and a little soap. Dry in sun. Good as new.

Black because my carpet is black. I have never been a fan of how WeatherTech's gray or tan match the applicable carpet colors. It looks off for obvious reasons. This is why I always buy black carpeted cars because I always put in WeatherTech liners.

The price tag is not easy to swallow. But if you want your carpet to look new, buy them. In the winter they are awesome because you won't have salt/snow on your carpets. When dirty just rinse off or scrub with a scrub brush and a little soap. Dry in sun. Good as new.

Yup, makes sense. FWIW, I'm kind of meticulous with regards to the carpet because of leaking freaking thing so yeah, I guess I just need a nudge and I'll cave in.

The only thing I'm concerned with now is if slides around. I have no problem with the driver's side because of the grommets but for the passenger's side and the rear one, I'm not quite sold on it yet.

Yup, makes sense. FWIW, I'm kind of meticulous with regards to the carpet because of leaking freaking thing so yeah, I guess I just need a nudge and I'll cave in.

The only thing I'm concerned with now is if slides around. I have no problem with the driver's side because of the grommets but for the passenger's side and the rear one, I'm not quite sold on it yet.

I'll report back on if it slides around for the passenger and back seat.

On my Mustang I have the same ones. Grommet on drivers so it doesn't move. Passenger stays fine without grommets unless you put a lot of pressure or push on the matt. Then it'll move forward.

As some have said, use velcro if it is a problem. I'll do the same if they slide.

• Like 1

I only purchased the front mats. They do not slide on either the drivers or passenger side that I noticed. They are pretty awesome.

I ended up getting mine through Cabela's with a coupon and a discounted gift card from eBay. I am just waiting for another gift card deal to get the rear ones and cargo mat. I may just wait until BF to see if there are any deals.

I keep my cars for more than 10 years (usually) so these are a good investment. My poor Xterra had salt all over the carpets, that I was never really able to get out. I should have not been so cheap when I bought it.

I also bought some Rain‑X Upholstery Repel Guard that was FAR. Maybe I will spray some on the exposed carpet areas around the mats. Not expecting much since these nano-coating fabric protectors do not last long.

• Like 1

Went home at lunch since FedEx droppped off my matts. Put them in the edge and they fit awesome. I tested the passenger side and back and have no issues with slideing. The way the floor on the passenger side is molded, there isn't much room for it to slide around like in my Mustang.

And I wished I would have thought about the ebay/coupon thing for Cabellas before buying mine. I searched and searched for coupon codes and the best deal to get the mats. I ended up just using some Credit Card Cash Rewards to lighten the load.

• Like 2

Have them on my other truck. Not bad but I was expecting a bit more precision. Digital fit happened to be a bit analog off, and required some velcro to keep them in place (except driver's one).

Strange... Got my set, front & back, a week ago and I was really impressed how tight a fit they were. I was also surprised how light weight they were and they're stiffer than the usual mushy rubber jobs.

I remember one poster saying the snaps on the driver side "defeated the purpose", meaning I guess that water would leak through. I'm not sure what he meant or saw, the the snaps on the WheatherTech's are sealed from the top surface, s no sweat.

I've finally gotten over the high price of the mats and now truly appreciate the quality of these things, so far. Let's see what the status is after a full Quebec snow & calcium season.

• Like 1

Went with Husky Weather Beaters. They are my preference due to the full coverage of the dead pedal vs. what you get from Weather Tech. Here in MI when you get in your car with a snow stuck in your boots, the melting snow and salt goes right behind a Weather Tech mat.

Can you provide a picture of the Husky Weather Beaters so we can compare with the weather techs posted?

Thanks.

• Like 1

1. I have the Ford all season floor mats - the weather tech look much better especially on the drivers side - much larger - the one of have only covers 3/4 of the floor

I had the Ford All Season mats at first before the weather techs. The Ford All Season are pretty much worthless when it comes to snow / salt. They are a nice upgrade from the standard mats but if you are serious about keeping crap off your floor, weather tech is worth the money. Just pull them out, dump out the dirt and water. Your floors will remain looking brand new.

I use weather tech digital liners all year round in my Mustang and now my edge.

I had the Ford All Season mats at first before the weather techs. The Ford All Season are pretty much worthless when it comes to snow / salt. They are a nice upgrade from the standard mats but if you are serious about keeping crap off your floor, weather tech is worth the money. Just pull them out, dump out the dirt and water. Your floors will remain looking brand new.

I use weather tech digital liners all year round in my Mustang and now my edge.

Thanks - I think I will consider them - especially on the drivers side - I hate winter salt and what it does to my vehicles.

Thanks - I think I will consider them - especially on the drivers side - I hate winter salt and what it does to my vehicles.

Well they come in a set of Front, rear, or Front/Rear.

I have the front/rear set and they fit very well. I have a daughter so when she gets in the back, any sand/snow/water gets captured.

And last weekend I was dog sitting. So instead of trying to vacuum the dog hair out of the carpet, it was simple to just suck it up from the weather tech mat. Made the job simple.

I am looking to get the cargo liner and checked Cabelas. All the Edge Weathertech mats are on sale! These things never go on sale. I can confirm they ship and are the EXACT same mats that you get from Weathertech. I am sort of shocked they are on sale for as much as they are.

$99 cargo liner (plus tax and shipping)

$88 front mats (plus tax and shipping)

$71 rear mats (plus tax and shipping)

They are called Cabela’s TrailGear 2 Floor Liners by WeatherTech