Post 15B21 leak repair follow up report

There are posts in other threads that show that the dealer applied "fixes" to this leak issue did not work. If you have a vehicle that was id'ed by Ford as in need of a dealer visit for a follow up sealant application, keep an eye open for front interior floorboard wetness. If your Edge does need additional work following your dealer applied sealant failing to fix this issue please let us know about it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2015 Ford Edge Sport / Last 5 VIN #91883

Primary Features Build Date: 25.08.2015 Vehicle Line: Edge 2015- Body Style: 5 Door SAV Version: Series 55 Engine: 2.7L DOHC 4V DI GT V6 GAS/FFV Transmission: 6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F55 Drive: LHD 4WD (FTD) Axle Ratio: 3.16 Emission: With 49 State/Non Green State Req Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C Territory: (+)"USA" Paint: White Platinum

Multiple car washes - no cabin water or dampness.

70+ mph in torrential downpour (Patricia) for 2-3 hours - no cabin water or dampness

Being a really concerned owner after purchasing a 50k vehicle and reading the horror stories and flogging the vehicle in monsoonish downpour, I got home, parked the vehicle, closed all doors/windows and put a digital humidity/temp tool on the center console, after 12 hours I checked the ambient humidity inside the cabin, happy to report there is no signs of water or add'l humidity. I can not say the same for other owners, but our build seems to be watertight, so far :)

As an aside, I REALLY have to laugh at people calling the Edge a "truck".

I agree, is not a truck, but more of a lifted Fusion. Coming from owning german cars for the last 20 years, our family calls our a truck, especially the 4 year old, she loves the thing, considers it in all aspects, a truck. Fortunately for me, the Sport doesnt drive, look, or act like a truck.

Primary Features Build Date: 25.08.2015 Vehicle Line: Edge 2015- Body Style: 5 Door SAV Version: Series 55 Engine: 2.7L DOHC 4V DI GT V6 GAS/FFV Transmission: 6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F55 Drive: LHD 4WD (FTD) Axle Ratio: 3.16 Emission: With 49 State/Non Green State Req Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C Territory: (+)"USA" Paint: White Platinum

70+ mph in torrential downpour (Patricia) for 2-3 hours - no cabin water or dampness

Being a really concerned owner after purchasing a 50k vehicle and reading the horror stories and flogging the vehicle in monsoonish downpour, I got home, parked the vehicle, closed all doors/windows and put a digital humidity/temp tool on the center console, after 12 hours I checked the ambient humidity inside the cabin, happy to report there is no signs of water or add'l humidity. I can not say the same for other owners, but our build seems to be watertight, so far :)

That's good to hear!

I agree, is not a truck, but more of a lifted Fusion. Coming from owning german cars for the last 20 years, our family calls our a truck, especially the 4 year old, she loves the thing, considers it in all aspects, a truck. Fortunately for me, the Sport doesnt drive, look, or act like a truck.

I put 250,000+ miles on my F-250 4wd as a daily driver, took about 9 years. I semi-retired it to towing/hauling and deep DEEP snow duty and used a new Volvo S-40 frt wheel drive as my daily driver. The seating position in the S-40 is about 1-1/2 feet lower than the F-250. Driving on any wet pavement following another vehicle is a frustrating experience, constant fussing with the windshield wipers is needed. The Edge as a "Lifted Fusion" is just enough higher to not get enough road spray on the windshield to need constant attention.

The Edge rides really nice, Illinois Interstate highway bridges all used to be four to six inches taller than the pavement on either end of the bridge, Wife & I noticed the other day either Illinois fixed the bridges or the Edge has a great ride!

• 2 weeks later...

2015 Edge leak from upper center console by glasses holder

My 2015 Edge has entered it’s first rainy season. When parked flat, or facing up hill it does not leak. However I back in to my 25 degree slopped driveway and water pours in the center of the roof at the location of the dome light switch/panoramic roof controllers. Fortunately I found it early and was able to put down a blanket to absorb the initial run off. The dealer had it for a week and took it completely apart and thought that the leak was near the rear of the roof and when facing downhill it ran to the roof center console area.

Unfortunately the dealers efforts did not solve the problem as it still leaks under those circumstances. Anyone else had this issue? There are lots leaks reported, but few regarding the roof.

• 1 month later...

Any helpful tips? I am trying to get my car fixed! I called the dealership when the recall notice came out in June and was told they didn't know anything about the recall and not to worry about it yet......! So I asked them to check my car when I got my oil changed on 1/6/16 and mentioned that there was moisture in my taillights which shouldn't be happening (my car is still under warranty). The service guy said he would submit pictures of the taillights on 1/6/16 and then never called me back. Now my floorboard is filling up with water and lately (not sure if it's related) my nav system has been acting up and my car only shows/plays my synced music sometimes!

Who should I be contacting the service center?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Any helpful tips? I am trying to get my car fixed! I called the dealership when the recall notice came out in June and was told they didn't know anything about the recall and not to worry about it yet......! So I asked them to check my car when I got my oil changed on 1/6/16 and mentioned that there was moisture in my taillights which shouldn't be happening (my car is still under warranty). The service guy said he would submit pictures of the taillights on 1/6/16 and then never called me back. Now my floorboard is filling up with water and lately (not sure if it's related) my nav system has been acting up and my car only shows/plays my synced music sometimes!

Who should I be contacting the service center?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

contact Tricia.....On this forum she is one of the ford service reps for USA FORD. She was very helpful in putting me in contact with the right customer service people.

Your best bet is to contact the local customer services manager in your area for Ford. I dont mean a dealership. I received outstanding assistance from the one in my area for the issues I had to take mine in for (Toronto).

I called Ford National asking for the contact information for the regional service manager in my area and she would not give it to me! I asked 3 different time! She said this is not an issue for the Reg Service Manager, to contact the dealership and if I wasn't happy at that dealership then to go to another one. After it has been inspected if the dealership were to say there is nothing wrong when clearly there is I could call back and get the Reg Service Managers info..........!!!

I told her I had asked my dealership to inspect my car on atleast 2 differnt occasions (before the floor boards were soaking wet) for the leak and they didn't/wouldn't! She said that they are not required to inspect it! Which seems silly to me maybe if they had my car wouldn't be a big breeding ground for mold now!

I called Ford National asking for the contact information for the regional service manager in my area and she would not give it to me! I asked 3 different time! She said this is not an issue for the Reg Service Manager, to contact the dealership and if I wasn't happy at that dealership then to go to another one. After it has been inspected if the dealership were to say there is nothing wrong when clearly there is I could call back and get the Reg Service Managers info..........!!!

I told her I had asked my dealership to inspect my car on atleast 2 differnt occasions (before the floor boards were soaking wet) for the leak and they didn't/wouldn't! She said that they are not required to inspect it! Which seems silly to me maybe if they had my car wouldn't be a big breeding ground for mold now!

Send a message to the Ford Cust. Service Rep that browses this forum. They will help you open a case:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/user/29146-fordservice/

Send a message to the Ford Cust. Service Rep that browses this forum. They will help you open a case:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/user/29146-fordservice/

I posted a message to them yesterday. Akirby is right it says on her profile that she hasn't been active since 1/28. But thanks again for your help! I am just happy someone is replying to me cause the dealership is not.

I have been a member of this forum since i purchased my 2015 Ford Edge Sport back in April of 2015. During the Holiday's we had some pretty significant rain. I have checked my driver side and passenger side floors on a regular basis looking for any signs of leaks since I have had the car- after the heavy rainfall we had I was getting in my car and found a huge puddle of water in my driver side floor board. I immediately called my dealer and had the car scheduled to be checked out. My dealer informed me they would need to keep the car for at least 3 days to dry out- and to determine if I had any smell. I never smelled any mold in vehicle prior to this-so I was pretty confident they would not either. I visited my car during this process to pick up something I had left in my trunk - they had removed all my seats, carpet and center console. They did contact me 3 days later stating "no smell was found" so they were doing the repair, replacing my carpet and wiring under the driver side seat. The process took 2 weeks which honestly I was fine with- I wanted the repair done correctly. They informed me when I picked up my vehicle that they tested the repair and all appears good. I have had my car back now for 3 weeks- I have washed my car 4 times and we had some major storms come through recently as well- so far no leak. I will continue to check ( because of the stories I have read on here) to ensure no leak. My build date was 2/4/2015.

My dealership has always been easy to work with-this was their first water leak repair they had to do on an Edge. My service rep did explain that if they smelled mold in my car after the 3 day period Ford would buy back the vehicle- he also researched the repair- to ensure they did it correctly--because I told him about the horror stories on here. He felt really confident that the repair they did will hold and I would not have future issues- fingers crossed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Primary Features[/size]

Build Date:[/size]

Vehicle Line:[/size]

Edge 2015-

Body Style:[/size]

5 Door SAV

Version:[/size]

Series 55

Engine:[/size]

2.7L DOHC 4V DI GT V6 GAS/FFV

Transmission:[/size]

6 Speed Auto Transmission 6F55

Drive:[/size]

LHD 4WD (FTD)

Axle Ratio:[/size]

Emission:[/size]

With 49 State/Non Green State Req

Air Conditioning:[/size]

Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C

Territory:[/size]

(+)"USA"

Paint:[/size]

White Platinum

My 2015 SEL with build date of Dec 7 2015 has serial number 37531 Why is your serial number so high?