All Ford Edges Now on Factory Hold?

Well, I spoke with Ford Regional CSM and dealer independently and they both had the same vague information, but at least it was consistent. So, your argument is that most dealers lie to their customers by saying nothing? Taking a purely cynical view, it seems like a they would be more likely to lie by saying "the car is going to be here withing two weeks," or something of that ilk, to keep the customer hanging on. At least they didn't do that. My point is that I could never find out what the actual issue was with my car, other than the fact that it was leak-related. Obviously, since I have cancelled the order, nobody owes me an explanation now. But, if I had received better information, I might have been willing to wait it out.

I was speaking generally, not necessarily your specific case. I think in most cases the salespeople are simply too lazy to check or keep track of vehicle status after it's ordered. I've seen it time and time and time again where the dealer tells the customer they don't have any status on an order, then an employee on a forum looks it up and gives them all the details. That same info is available to the dealer but for whatever reason they don't relay that to the customer. We also have dealership employees who confirm that the dealer has all the info available and they get a detailed report on it every week.

Ā 

I don't think Ford's system necessarily tracks each vehicle that's being held with enough detail to give you an accurate answer. It's probably done manually at the plant. I know when they held the Fusions and MKZs back in 2012/2013 there was no way to get status on an individual vehicle.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old subject...

Ā 

Ā 

I've been waiting for my 2015 Edge for 13 weeks.

Ā 

Ā 

I followed up with the manager of the dealership. They got word that all Ford Edges are being held at the Oakville Assemby Plant. There is currently no end date for this hold.

Ā 

Ā 

I'm very annoyed about the delay

CND,

Ā 

So those of us that are considering buying an Edge that is sitting on the lot...right this very moment....should we be concerned?

Ā 

My local dealership has 4-7 edge's on the lot and I was going to go drive a Sport tonight for comparison sake.

Ā 

Would you hold off?

Ā 

All this talk is making me somewhat nervous about the brands overall quality control and long term reliability.

Ā 

Denicio

I wouldn't worry too much. I would get the VIN from the vehicle that your interested in and input it into the Etis.Ford web portal.

Ā 

This was you can see the build date. Any Edge built before April 28th could have potential water leaks.

Ā 

Ā 

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do;jsessionid=67551F3165D40FFCB3CA84F94A8BD795.fcvas509

CND,

Ā 

So those of us that are considering buying an Edge that is sitting on the lot...right this very moment....should we be concerned?

Ā 

My local dealership has 4-7 edge's on the lot and I was going to go drive a Sport tonight for comparison sake.

Ā 

Would you hold off?

Ā 

All this talk is making me somewhat nervous about the brands overall quality control and long term reliability.

Ā 

Denicio

Ā 

If the vehicle is built before the 28th, I'd be weary about buying it giving the potential or leaks or the possibility it has leaked and has been "fixed". Beyond that, all you can do is read the forum, come up with a list of issues some have seen, and see if you notice the same thing during test drives.

But just to note. My car fell in to the time frame where the A-Pillars were not being sealed correctly. But I never had leaking even through some heavy rains.

Ā 

Build (completed) date: April 22nd; no leak, heavy rains, car wash. I did go in for the recall in June, just in case

Sorry to bring up an old subject...

Ā 

Ā 

I've been waiting for my 2015 Edge for 13 weeks.

Ā 

Ā 

I followed up with the manager of the dealership. They got word that all Ford Edges are being held at the Oakville Assemby Plant. There is currently no end date for this hold.

Ā 

Ā 

I'm very annoyed about the delay

Can we get a second verification of this? If they are jammed up with 2015's being held what will that mean for 2016's when that production run starts? (thought to be started in Dec.?) Also it begs the question of what is causing the hold up? I have been told by Ford customer service that 2016 demos will be available for customer inspection Jan 16. Of course I realize that this is just a target date, but it's a date none the less.

I had the fix applied as soon as I got the letter. I would think if leaks happened they would happen to all. Did anyone ever figure out what the actual problem was? Still not sure if I did not have a little water but mats were not soaked. Worried about future problems.

Ā 

If you never had leaking and the fix is done, then you should be fine. But not a bad idea to keep an eye on the floor after a hard rain.

Ā 

Problem was the robot that did the sealing, wasn't doing it 100% of the time. So they fixed it after the 28th of April.