All Ford Edges Now on Factory Hold?

I would assume more than a few hundred dollars as the maintenence plan covers all the wear parts that a warranty, or extended warranty won't cover like Brake pads, rotors, windsheild wiper blades, oil changes, transmission fluid changes, tire rotation, shocks, spark plugs....

Ā 

Ā 

I think it's good that Ford did this.

How long is FMPP ? Does it start when "bumper-to-bumper" ends ? Did you have to negotiate to get this warranty or Ford offered it voluntarily ?

I am a bit confused as to why anyone has to wait for a new edge.

Ā 

I picked up my new Edge with a build date of 10/15 this weekend.

Ā 

It was Made in Canada, delivered to Mobile Alabama and bought by me in Memphis. Its been around the world!!!!

Ā 

Are folks waiting on super custom ordered Edge's which is causing the delay?

• Like 1

Ā 

Ā 

It was Made in Canada, delivered to Mobile Alabama and bought by me in Memphis. Its been around the world!!!!

Ā 

Ā 

There really isn't any information on if their is a hold or why there may be a hold.

Ā 

Example of what could happen:

Ā 

A problem could have been discovered on 10/1. All current vehicles at the factory are now considered "on hold".

From 10/1-1/10, they find the root cause and develop a fix. That fix is immediately implemented on the line.

10/15 - Your Edge is built with the fix. So it is cleared to ship.

From 10/10 - whenever, they work on testing and applying the fix to those vehicles already built before 10/10 that are at the factory.

Edited by WingNut

Vehicle ordered: August 22nd

Ā 

Vehicle VIN issued: September 11th

Ā 

Vehicle built: October 29th

Ā 

Vehicle pulled into secondary inspection then put on a Quality Hold by Ford.

Ā 

Ā 

As you can see there was a long time from when the vehicle was ordered until it was built.

Ā 

Ā 

There is nothing custom about the order. I have been told that there are thousands of Edges on hold.

Cnd,

Ā 

If its not crazy custom then can you have your dealership find one like you have ordered and do a dealer trade?

Ā 

My sales manager worked his arse off finding the one I got over the weekend.

Ā 

My dealership even 'ate' the cost of having it driven from Mobile AL to Memphis TN (about a 380 mile trip). Mine was built 10/15.

D

I was curious to see what sort of inventory was available in the Richmond Va. metro area and checked the websites of 5 dealers within that market area. I was surprised to see that there were 69 Edge vehicles on hand, (collectively as of 11/28) and more available in their "extended inventory" which I take to mean they can be moved from other dealers in the region.

Edited by Chipster

I was super specific with my sales team. I insisted any Edge Mfg'd before August would not do. I also had trim levels, exterior/interior colors too. I wore these guys out. Spent no less than 7 hours at the dealership over 2 days working this out. I know that as a customer, I am a huge PITA!

In the end I got exactly what I wanted.

• Like 1

Some guy saying he's working at Oakville plant wrote today on FB:

Ā 

We are full steam ahead. Gotta get them built. We will be down for a week over Christmas. When we start up in January in addition to the North American South America orders we will also be trying to fill our European orders. Right hand drive diesels.
Edited by Vadimus

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

There are some people who want a 2016, so the wait is necessary...

Has anyone that has a October 16th to approximately early November build date received their Edge yet?

Ā 

I have been getting updates from the dealership but it still looks like late December into the early part of January is when I might see this vehicle that I ordered back in August.

Has anyone that has a October 16th to approximately early November build date received their Edge yet?

Ā 

I have been getting updates from the dealership but it still looks like late December into the early part of January is when I might see this vehicle that I ordered back in August.

Ā 

Nope, still waiting. Ordered in August, Delivery Date Nov 3rd, Build date changed from October 19ish (dealership system) to Nov 3rd (Ford's ETIS site). I can't believe we're talking about early January now.

Not so good news. The vehicle is still in Oakville. I have now been told that maybe early January might be the delivery date, but I doubt it. I guess I'll have to see if I can cancel my order and look else where for a new vehicle. This is really depressing!

Ā 

Built in October and still sitting/waiting?

Ā 

Yea I'd be inclined to look elsewhere too. Something isn't right.

Not so good news. The vehicle is still in Oakville. I have now been told that maybe early January might be the delivery date, but I doubt it. I guess I'll have to see if I can cancel my order and look else where for a new vehicle. This is really depressing!

Ā 

I have been told by dealership today that I should receive Edge by end of December, but I have little trust in what they're saying anymore. I have been calling Ford customer services for 2 month and finally received a call back from customer service manager . I found CSM was not very useful , no understanding and even arrogant , repeating what I already know by reading this forum. At one point CSM told me that possible reason for the delay is that assembly plant can't find a cargo truck to ship the car, at this point I lost interest in discussion.
Checked Agreement between me and dealership and there is clause "Delivery By Dealer" which says that if car is not delivered in 3 month the Agreement may be canceled by either party in writing. So I think this is a way to cancel the order and get deposit back.
I really did not want come down to this - like futures and the look of new Edge , hit all sweat spots , but > 4 month waiting is way too long with no end in sight.