Loss of power of EDGE 2008. Help to understand to the colleague.

EDST777

Hi, firends. I ordered two sensors for replacement a week ago, it will be TSS/OSS. Lately three more or four times with breaks through two, three days, during the movement the signal on the panel "Powertrain malfunction/reduced power" shines. After restart of the engine I continued a driving. But last night to "Powertrain malfunction/reduced power" was added "Service Engine Soon" or as it is called still by "check engine". I did restart and now at me on the panel "Service Engine Soon" constantly burns. My sensors in way to me, I wait for them receiving, it can be a week more, two. I can do a driving every day on 15-20 km with such shining an inscription on the panel " check engine" ( I am afraid for transmission)? Thanks, any thoughts.

P.S: I did a trip this morning on operation, no discomfort existed, operation of transmission seemed normal, but I am confused by the shining sign "Service Engine Soon"

post-16857-0-20717000-1442464763_thumb.jpg

Edited by EDST777

• 2 weeks later...
Friends, I have news: I received a diagnostic cord of ELS27 and using the FORScan program read mistakes from the computer of the car (PCM). The main mistakes were the following: (WARN) [17:37:44.921] Check of COM7...

(OK) [17:37:45.281] Connection with the adapter is established to on COM7

(OK) [17:37:45.281] Adapter: STN1170 v4.1.2 (ELM327 v1.3a)

(OK) [17:37:46.062] Connection with the car is established

(OK) [17:37:52.765] Car: Ford Edge 4V 3.5L 2008 (2008 MY), VIN: 2FM *********

(OK) [17:37:54.187] Is found the module: PCM - the Module of control of the power unit

Mistake (WARN) [17:37:54.265] in PCM: P0715-FF, P1000-FF

(OK) [17:37:54.281] Is found the module: OBDII - On Board Diagnostic II

Mistake (WARN) [17:37:55.328] in OBDII: P0715-C

(OK) [17:37:55.687] Is found the module: APIM - the interface Module with the additional protocol

(OK) [17:37:56.281] Is found the module: SASM - the Module of the sensor of an angle of rotation

(OK) [17:37:56.687] Is found the module: OCS - the Module of system of classification of the driver / passenger

(WARN) of [17:37:56.921] Mistake in OCS: U2023-20

(OK) [17:37:57.140] Is found the module: 4X4M - the Module of management 4X4

(OK) [17:37:57.578] Is found the module: ABS - the Module Antiblocking brakes / Control of force of adhesion

(OK) [17:37:58.359] Is found the module: RCM - the Control unit of system of protection of the driver and passengers

Mistake (WARN) [17:37:58.406] in RCM: B2290-20, B1318-20

(OK) [17:37:59.046] Is found the module: IC - the Combination of devices

(OK) [17:38:00.000] Is found the module: SDARS - Satellite digital system of audioreception

(OK) [17:38:00.468] Is found the module: LTM - the Module of a back door / luggage carrier

(OK) [17:38:03.578] Is found the module: DSM - the Module of a seat of the driver

Mistake (WARN) [17:38:03.796] in DSM: B2320-20

(OK) [17:38:04.796] Is found the module: PAM - the Module of Means of simplification of a parking

(OK) [17:38:05.250] Is found the module: HVAC - Heating, ventilation and air conditioning

(OK) [17:38:05.953] Is found the module: ACM - the Module of control of the audio system

(WARN) of [17:38:05.984] Mistakes in ACM: B1342-60, B2406-60

(OK) [17:38:11.203] Is found the module: GEM/SJB - Mnogofunktsionalnyi the electronic module / an intellectual electrodistributive box

having read these mistakes, I caught malfunction of the TSS sensor! I am glad that there is no malfunction of the OSS sensor. But friends, my second news: I received the shipped TSS/OSS sensors (couple) yesterday. Now I think as better to do work? To replace only TSS (a mistake only on it) or to replace two TSS and OSS sensors? Your thoughts, please!

P.s.: This detailed description received at diagnostics.

=== PCM DTC P0715-FF ===

Code: P0715 - Failure in a chain of the sensor of speed of rotation of the turbine

Module: Module of control of the power unit

Detailed description of an error code of diagnostics

Failure in a chain of the sensor of speed of rotation of the turbine

Short circuit

Short circuit

Possible reasons of it:

TSS sensor

Cordlike connections

PCM

Examine sockets regarding damage, hit of moisture, corrosion, etc.

=== END PCM DTC P0715-FF ===

=== PCM DTC P1000-FF ===

Code: P1000 - Test of readiness of onboard diagnostic systems (OBD) isn't complete

Module: Module of control of the power unit

Test of readiness of onboard diagnostic systems (OBD) isn't complete

For elimination of the reasons of generation of the listed DTC follow the programs presented in the Management for service station.

=== END PCM DTC P1000-FF ===

=== OBDII DTC P0715-C ===

Code: P0715 - Failure in a chain of the sensor of speed of rotation of the turbine

- Confirmed - malfunction is confirmed

Module: On Board Diagnostic II

Failure in a chain of the sensor of speed of rotation of the turbine

Short circuit

Short circuit

Possible reasons of it:

TSS sensor

Cordlike connections

PCM

Examine sockets regarding damage, hit of moisture, corrosion, etc.

=== END OBDII DTC P0715-C ===

=== APIM DTC Isn't present ===

Successful reading codes of mistakes (DTC), errors isn't noticed.

Module: The interface module with the additional protocol

=== END APIM DTC Isn't present ===

=== SASM DTC Isn't present ===

Module: Module of the sensor of an angle of rotation

=== END SASM DTC Isn't present ===

=== OCS DTC U2023-20 ===

Code: U2023 - Malfunction, half-scientific from external knot

- Previously generated DTC which is absent at the time of inquiry

- The indicator lamp of malfunction is switched off for this DTC

Module: Module of system of classification of the driver / passenger

Malfunction, half-scientific from external knot

It is DTC it can be caused:

Short circuit in the CAN line.

Rupture of a chain in the CAN line.

There is a delay in data exchange between two modules on the tire CAN

There are hindrances in the tire CAN

There can be other modules in data line of CAN which don't participate in data exchange and aren't synchronized.

Notice:

DTCs which begin with 'U' correspond to malfunctions which arise in the presence of communication of the module with the module.

Never it is necessary to replace modules only on the basis of 'U' - a code. These codes not always speak about existence of a problem and can be caused by the usual diagnostic functions which are carried out on the car.

=== END OCS DTC U2023-20 ===

=== 4X4M DTC Isn't present ===

Module: Module of management 4X4

=== END 4X4M DTC Isn't present ===

=== ABS DTC Isn't present ===

Module: Module Antiblocking brakes / Control of force of adhesion

=== END ABS DTC Isn't present ===

=== RCM DTC B2290-20 ===

Edited by EDST777

Thanks............ Repeat))) Friends, when replacing the OSS sensor in procedure (a step 10) it is specified:

NOTE: The coolant hoses do not need to be removed from the engine.

Remove the coolant hoses from the transmission fluid filler tube and position aside.

Ā 

Ā 

Whether my question: needs to be deleted cooling liquid? I think to pump out through a broad tank before separating hoses which are specified on the image. What your opinion?

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by EDST777

My uneducated guess would be that you rotate the hoses such that you can remove the fill tube. So, for each hose, should only need to squeeze the clamp, rotate the hose, release the clamp. Return to original position (take a pic how they sit in your engine before hand) after reinstalling the fill tube when instructed.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I have made it, but in two steps, I regret that has not listened to you, it would help me not to do excess work). In November, 2015 I have replaced the TSS sensor, till April everything was normal, without mistakes, but in April the problem has appeared again, this time there was OSS error (which did not shine earlier). Now I have replaced the OSS sensor. Interestingly, it is natural, the period of replacement of sensors of 70000-100 000 km or it was a production defect of sensors, there is a wish to know why they break also what influences it? If it is each 100 000 km, then Ford has to write down it in scheduled works)!

Well, hard way to learn, but I hope the transmission will now be troublefree for another 100,000 KMs (or more)! No idea why they go bad except to note that don't believe the "lifetime transmission fluid" marketing ploy. Definitely change it out every 60,000 miles (or less if "severe service" qualifies). Varnish does build up in the transmission over time as the fluid gets old and the additives break down. Electronic components are VERY sensitive to this gunk and the easiest way to keep them clean is to change the fluid periodically.

• Like 2