Edge Sport Tires

rwf78155

Thanks tintman-I'm talking with my dealership now about price matching the amount I have found online. If they can do that, I'll have mine installed this weekend! These pirelli's are getting louder and louder it seems!

Just a heads up, if you put them on your Ford or Lincoln charge card, you will get a $140 rebate back from Ford. (If you don't have one, you can apply right at service dest).

Also, charge a certain amount (think it's a hundred) in goods and services, and get a $20 rebate.

Rebate comes in the form of a debit card & you have to use it up within 1 year.

I should also mention that Ford dealers will match any outside retail source (they matched TireRack for us). Only catch is it has to be same brand of tire they sell. We bought Pirelli Cinturato's for the TireRack price (more than 200 less than their quoted price) plus the 140 rebate. Ford garage can be competitive if you bargin.

Edited by enigma-2

Look at my post above. I have the 285's on Edge Sports, but in 40 series. I had no problems with the Pirelli's, but they do not come in a 40, only 35 which I feel is too low for a heavy SUV on pot holed streets. The only other brand that I would consider was Yokohama that came in a '40', but hated the tread pattern. I end up going with the Contisportcontact 5P even though they cost $168.25 USD (tire rack) per tire plus tax more than the Yokohama's... but I like the tread pattern!

I tried to get them through my selling dealer, but they could/would not get them. I'm curious what the 'price match' price was in a post above. These are expensive tires, not listed for Fords, but for Mercedes, so I'm really surprised that that his dealer did that, lucky him.

One tire dealer in San Antonio asked if I was interested in 285 35 22 on my Edge Sport ..... has anyone tried the slighly wider tires?

• 6 months later...

285's will fit no problem. I wanted 40 series rubber for a bit more sidewall on my Explorer.

does anyone have pictures of the 285-35-22 or 40-22's on a edge sport?? will either of these sizes fit without rubbing issues?

thanks

Chose the Conti's just because I didn't like their busy trad pattern.

Looks like they will pick up a lot of stones.

Looking forward to the feedback. I'm about to buy a set and deciding between those and the Yokohama's.

• 5 years later...