Not taking sides, but "external impact" could be more than another car bumping into yours. If could be a kid with a baseball bat or stone. It could be a shopping cart in a grocery parking lot (had a friend have this happen to him, wind blew a cart across lot and cracked his taillight, had store manager review on outside camera and was able to claim on insurance).

What model & year do you own?

Reason I ask is, 07-10 goes for $45 (free shipping) & 11-14 for $120 (free shipping) on Ebay. May be easier to bite the bullet and replace yourself.

Item # 371660025470 for 07-10

Item # 161104912612 for 11-14

May not be exactly what you need, but a quick search should turn one up. Hope your able to find a cheap replacment.

Edited by enigma-2

I don't have any this

Model Ford Edge 2015 SEL

New lease from 10/15

Only 6500 ml

I not have all this

Three body. Shop told me same this part proprietary ford

Cost 1356$

Like this? ($200 has cracked but can be sealed with clear adhesive)

Ebay item #2722662181795

Also 272274622644

Edited by enigma-2

Just wanted to bring this one back from the dead a bit. Wife and I just picked up a 2016 Edge Sport (last Thursday) and the right taillight has a ton of condensation in it. Dealer will replace. Ours was produced in late April 2016. I'm going to ask for the old part, but I doubt they'll give it to me.

• Like 1

Add another to the list. 2016 Titanium built late Feb '16. Lots of condensation in taillight. Only on right side. Some of the larger droplets ran inside the plastic. Dealer took pictures to send to ford for approval. Condensation worsened with each car wash.

• Like 1

I picked up my New 2016 Edge on Jan 12, 2017. Built Aug 16. Two Tail lights had condensation two days later on 1-14-17. Salesman said to keep track of it???? 5 days later the center light fogged.

Edited by Tom648

Have the same problem on a brand new Edge, got i first week of January, after driving in rain for a couple of hours last weekend all taillights had condensation.

My dealer had never heard of the problem before, but it will be takene care of he promised.

Its a 2017 Vignale.

Brian, Dan, Tom, & broadcaster; Make sure to let us know if your taillights get replaced by your dealer. See if you can get the new part # if there is one.

Update: Dealer replaced "REFLECTOR ASY - REAR" . So far one car wash, no condensation. Part number listed on work order is FT4Z 13A565 B.

I was told (by the receptionist) that this was an upgraded part. So far so good. Will update if things change.

• Like 2

The first dealer I brought mine to never got back to me about replacing them. So I brought it to the dealer that's close to my office this morning to see if they're able to address it. Of course the lenses look fine now but I'll email them photos for proof if they need it. Hopefully they're able to address the fogging and the squeaking seat today.

My center assembly was replaced yesterday. But they didn't replace my left rear tail light, despite my photos showing a lot of condensation in them. If it happens again, which I suspect it will, I'll take more photos and bring it in again.

Has anyone actually had any luck getting Ford to replace tail light assemblies simply for condensation? Please reply to this if you've tried and what the outcome was...and if the replacement lights also had condensation appear. I've had condensation in almost every car I've owned in the head or tail light housings so I'm wondering if Ford considers it a relevant problem that requires replacement parts. Apart from it being annoying and looking lame, its never caused any further issues for me, not even with light bulb lifespan. I agree that they should be sealed better. I do understand they need to be ventilated, but that can be done using tiny holes placed where water will not easily enter.

Years ago I remember putting silica packets (the ones you get with beef jerky or other hygro-sensitive items) inside the bottom of my tail lens and headlight (no, they never caught fire or were at any such risk) in my Jetta. Never had a problem after the first instance.

• Like 1

My 2016 SEL has this in the center light. There were two vertical cracks in it. I never hit anything. The dealer initially said "it looks like an impact," but they went on to do some kind of investigation involving UV lights. They ordered a new part and are covering it under warranty.

BfQWITS.jpg

oFQsaP8.jpg

Edited by foghelmut
  • Like 1

Maybe they should test the BAMR the same way in cases of "spontaneous collapse" ...

What is the point of this stupid thing being there if it doesn't even function as a light except on the top trim models?

The new part was installed, washed the car a week later, full of water. Our service manager is trying to find a NEW new part - can't get one for two weeks. He tried other dealerships, no one has one available.

Anyone else got water in theirs? Seems odd its so difficult to get the part.

hjqIgiI.jpg

Edited by foghelmut

Wow. Know the exact part number of this "new" assembly by any chance? You may indeed have received an older revision.