New Sync Version (Gen2 - V3.8)

About an hour.

Sorry to here. Mine took less than the 30 minutes

Although now a different "HP" USB stick that I have the wallpaper on -you know to reinstall since that is not preserved on updates- now shows up as unsupported. Yes it is FAT32 usb2.0 & no it doesn't have the update on it. I guess I will offload content reformat & put content back on & try again. Reformat & drag back the wallpaper folder worked.

Edited by drpepper

Tired the update...looked like it started just fine, went in the house came back out an now I have a black screen. No response from touch screen, no response from the USB ports. no ambient lighting no console lighting period. No audio function either. USB stick isn't flashing. Looks like I will be swinging by the Ford dealer in the morning.

Great-

Was you engine running all that time?

Yes, I started the update it showed the normal message I hit ok. Showed the download bar and went back in the house to eat dinner and clean up the kitchen. Gave it about 30 mins went out to check and it was black screen. Went back inside thinking it needed more time. Gave it another 30 mins and went back out, nothing.

Stopped by the dealer next to my office and they said their myford tech would be in at 2pm today. So I'll go back by at 2 and see what's up.

Edited by xK317Hx

I completed the 3.8 update ok. Only anomaly is ambient lighting disappeared, but didn't have time to investigate at 1:00 AM. Will check again tonight.

EDIT Ambient lighting definitively didn't come back on right after installing 3.8, although I had access to the setting and the slider was at 100%.

But last night, ambient lighting was back.

Edited by cv27

Yes, I started the update it showed the normal message I hit ok. Showed the download bar and went back in the house to eat dinner and clean up the kitchen. Gave it about 30 mins went out to check and it was black screen. Went back inside thinking it needed more time. Gave it another 30 mins and went back out, nothing.

Stopped by the dealer next to my office and they said their myford tech would be in at 2pm today. So I'll go back by at 2 and see what's up.

I'd like to report this to my support, xK317Hk. Please PM your VIN and what your dealer says when you get a chance.

So I haven't updated yet but I will this weekend. I am kinda hoping that this update will magically get my backup camera guidelines to come back as they disappeared on the 3rd of October. If so I can cancel my dealership visit on the 24th, but I feel like I will still end of having to drop the old gal off.

That's generally something your dealer will need to diagnose and correct, tamugrad2013, but let me know how it goes!

Still nothing for me...I hope they are just doing a rolling update and I will get this too.

Shoot your VIN over in a PM, wlepse, and I'll see why you don't have it available for download.

I completed the 3.8 update ok. Only anomaly is ambient lighting disappeared, but didn't have time to investigate at 1:00 AM. Will check again tonight.

I haven't heard of this happening for anyone else, cv27. They disappeared as in you no longer have the the option in the Vehicle Settings menu, or the lights didn't come on after the update? Let me know after you get a chance to investigate.

Rebecca

Edited by FordIVTteam

Service Person said, "I need a new screen". Then told me that is "should" be covered under the APIM warranty. I asked "should" or "will be covered"?? She looked at the paper and said yeah its covered. So I go back Thursday at 2pm for the repair. Can anyone confirm the coverage of the APIM warranty she referenced?

Thanks-

I really hate how they managed to get SIRI synced with MFT but NOT CORTANA! It's all about iphone user's screw Android even though the OS is more sophisticated....automatic phone reconnection? My MFT already does that....Easier navigation in China...Cool, next time I fly out there I'll ship my car in a container 30 days prior and try it out.........Thanks Ford.... :swear::rant:

Edited by mcali6301

My MFT doesn't reconnect once it disconnects. E.g if I drive the wife's escape it pairs with her phone in the garage. Once it disconnects it would not try to connect to my phone. Or if you walked away with the engine running and went out of range it would not reconnect when you came back into range. Hoping this fixes that but haven't tested it yet.

As for iPhone vs android - it's all about marketing and consumer preferences.

I haven't heard of this happening for anyone else, cv27. They disappeared as in you no longer have the the option in the Vehicle Settings menu, or the lights didn't come on after the update? Let me know after you get a chance to investigate.

Rebecca

I've updated my original post here

Just updated mine, took about 35 mins. All seems back to default setting, wallpapers saved before are gone. No problems on other settings such as Ambient Lighting and the usual modes.

With regards to the new features, Siri Eyes works well, it's just that her/his voice sounds like in a box/mono compared to the built-in voice prompt of MFT.

On the phone's ease of bluetooth reconnection, yes, it does connect to your phone faster and easier. I had this problem before the update wherein I seldom forget to turn on the bluetooth on my phone before starting the vehicle and turning on MFT. Even after turning the bluetooth on on my phone while MFT is running and on the first quadrant it says connecting to phone, it can't connect automatically unless you go to the connect phone menu, select the phone, and tap connect. Now it just automatically connects to your phone without going to that said menu. Overall, pleased with the update, although of course it could've been better if it is Sync 3 with its much better interface and operability. But hey, at least they didn't forget us MFT users.

That screen only pops up when I remove my key. The USB stick even lights up and my phone (when plugged in) makes the charging sound. As soon as I turn the car on it all goes away, and the USB ports become inactive.

Had to reschedule for next Tue as the APIM didn't come in.

That screen only pops up when I remove my key. The USB stick even lights up and my phone (when plugged in) makes the charging sound. As soon as I turn the car on it all goes away, and the USB ports become inactive.

Had to reschedule for next Tue as the APIM didn't come in.

xK317Hx,

Glad you were able to get an appointment. Keep me posted.

Shaay

Well after having my screen taunt me I decided to try something. I notice that the "insert USB" message was popping up after about every 5th time I'd start to get out of the car. Today on my way back from lunch I noticed it popped up after starting the car, which it hadn't done before. So while the car was running I inserted the USB stick...nothing no love. I thought about it and came up with the idea that if I can get the screen to come on while the car was running maybe a NEW USB stick would be the answer. Turns out it was.

post-22596-0-76344300-1444438012_thumb.jpg

Cycled the key about 5-6 times with the new USB in the slot and BAM! Back to life.

post-22596-0-64915600-1444438085_thumb.jpg

post-22596-0-81601100-1444438120_thumb.jpg

Everything seems to be working fine. Siri works, texts work, nav works, I will probably keep my appointment next Tue with the Dealer so they can check everything out.

Edited by xK317Hx
  • Like 1

Just updated my 2012. Done in 24 minutes without any problems. Had to do the usual things like repair phones, reset voice commands to advanced, etc. Presets and waypoints/points of interest were intact. Only issue is I seem to have lost the custom wallpaper I had but that's easy to reinstall.

Edited by Peter La