Your 2016 Edge order?

Chipster

The dates wouldn't really matter since production didn't start until mid December. The vehicles are built based on priority so if your order was a priority 10 and there were no other priority 10s from that dealer in queue yours would be built first no matter the date on the other orders. Date is only used if there is more than one vehicle with the same priority and there is not enough allocation to build all of them at the same time.

And again - they don't have to guess as to whether there is a delay with Electric Spice - it would be identified in the weekly dealer info. Your dealer is either too lazy to just go look it up or they're lying to you. Let me see what I can find out.

The dates wouldn't really matter since production didn't start until mid December. The vehicles are built based on priority so if your order was a priority 10 and there were no other priority 10s from that dealer in queue yours would be built first no matter the date on the other orders. Date is only used if there is more than one vehicle with the same priority and there is not enough allocation to build all of them at the same time.

And again - they don't have to guess as to whether there is a delay with Electric Spice - it would be identified in the weekly dealer info. Your dealer is either too lazy to just go look it up or they're lying to you. Let me see what I can find out.

Akirby,

Thanks for checking on this...They stated that they did not know if the color was the issue, just that it could be based on none showing up in there searches...My priority is definitely 10 as they rechecked that...I was sitting there when they called Ford reps and all were baffled as to why there has been no traction on this. The manager told me that my sales guy has bugged him at least twice a week checking on this as they value me as a customer. I told them I was not upset, but getting very frustrated by a situation that has now lasted nearly 6 months...

Again thanks for taking time to do more research on this...

In the mean time, has anyone else ordered an Electric Spice Edge? Is it similar to what I have ordered (see my signature)?

thanks...

From my dealer contact:

I've had no problem getting 2016 Edge's scheduling including the Sport model. Ford started scheduling retail 2016 Edge orders on December 3, 2015 so the "OK to Buy" status was established even before the Job #1 Date which is very unusual but probably not surprising since the 2016 Edge is strictly carryover. There were some intermittent commodity issues with 20" & 21" tires and wheels but they were minor and only an issue for a week or so. Even when there's a commodity issue, Ford will make every effort to make an exception and schedule a retail order for a customer.

I think your dealer has an allocation problem and they're not being honest with you. Check with Ford on twitter or facebook and see if they can get you a better answer or call Ford.

From my dealer contact:

I think your dealer has an allocation problem and they're not being honest with you. Check with Ford on twitter or facebook and see if they can get you a better answer or call Ford.

Akirby,

When you say "allocation problem" does that pertain to a certain model of a vehicle or the complete line of the vehicle?

thanks,

I intend to ask the dealer this question and want to be sure I am asking the right thing...

thanks again,

Akirby,

When you say "allocation problem" does that pertain to a certain model of a vehicle or the complete line of the vehicle?

thanks,

I intend to ask the dealer this question and want to be sure I am asking the right thing...

thanks again,

Neither. It pertains to the number of vehicles the dealer has been allocated by Ford.

Each dealer is given an allocation for each vehicle based on past sales performance and other factors. During each scheduling cycle (weekly I think) the factory gives each dealer an allocation (or none) and those vehicles get scheduled. If the dealer has 10 orders in queue but only has allocation for 2 then only 2 get scheduled that week. If they don't have any allocation that week then none are scheduled.

I doubt they will admit that it's an allocation problem. Do they have a lot of Edges in stock? What's the dealer's name and zip code?

Last time I was there they had 5 in stock, but they were not sports. They are a small dealer, but have a larger presence within Indiana for all types of vehicles other brands.

Hubler Ford, zip code is 46176

When I bought my Fusion I chose to go to Ray Skillman in the neighboring town because Hubler was behind on getting those at the time...Sounds like I could be caught in this scenario again...

Also, should mention the last 2 vehicles we bought from them they had to make a dealer swap to get what we wanted...

2015 F150KR and a 2013 Escape SEL

Edited by chicagoslick

Received an email today that our edge is scheduled for arrival at the dealership Feb. 7-9.

Date of order: Dec. 10, 2015 priority 10 (fairly large dealership)

DOB: week of 2/1 (I'm thinking 2/1 build) was told at ordering 8-10 weeks, so right on track

Details: 2016 Edge Titanium 2.0 AWD

Bronze Fire/Cognac

301A

Drivers, cold weather, trailer tow, cargo acc. packages

A couple nits to pick: I wish you could get HID headlights without having to get a car that parks itself (would like to see it as part of drivers package).

Would have considered TGTBB if it was offered with cognac interior, but do like bronze fire.

Previous Fords were '89 Bronco II, '94 Explorer. Both of those were great vehicles. Have been driving Hondas since 2003. Very solid cars but not bulletproof by any means.

Really looking forward to the new edge.

• Like 2

That's a great price. X plan is $46,621.

Do you know the doc fee?

The only fees on the quote were:

Fuel Charge $39.71

Adv Assessment $720

Dest & Deliv $895

I'll have to ask what they plan to charge for the dealer documentation fee but it's typically around $100 - $150, right ? I hope they're not going to try and stiff me for something ridiculous.

CarMax TTL calculator: http://www.carmax.com/enus/tax-title-tags-fees-calculator/default.html

Just ordered my 2016 Edge Sport through Costco:

Shadow Black

401A Pkg

21" Wheels

Pano Roof

Adaptive Cruise

Cold Weather Pkg

Cargo Acc Pkg

Locking Wheel Nuts

$45,553.71 + TT&L (minus any other incentives available at time of delivey)

I can get the Z plan through a family member, with the minus incentives at time of delivery, I was told that if I place an order, I would get whatever incentives that would be available at the time of the order, or what would be available on delivery. Which ever one would be better. Does anyone know if this is true? While there seems to be little incentives at the moment, I am trying to wait until the auto show in my area to see if there will be any type of regional or local incentives at that time and then order then if I was indeed told the correct process. Sorry if that sounds confusing. I'm just trying to figure out how that part of the Ordering process works

The price was the bottom line i.e. after all fees but before TT&L.

Invoice Base + Options and fees: $47069.71

minus AWD Discount: $466

minus Costco discount: $550

minus Factory rebate: $500

Total: $45553.71 + TT&L

Oh wait - $500 factory rebate wasn't factored in to my X plan price. Your price is still about $500 less. I'll have to check out the Costco discount when we get ready to buy.

I can get the Z plan through a family member, with the minus incentives at time of delivery, I was told that if I place an order, I would get whatever incentives that would be available at the time of the order, or what would be available on delivery. Which ever one would be better. Does anyone know if this is true? While there seems to be little incentives at the moment, I am trying to wait until the auto show in my area to see if there will be any type of regional or local incentives at that time and then order then if I was indeed told the correct process. Sorry if that sounds confusing. I'm just trying to figure out how that part of the Ordering process works

Yes that's correct. Dealers have the ability to lock in your incentives at order time and you have the choice of those or what is in place at time of delivery. But only if the dealer does it when the order is placed. I wouldn't expect much in incentives for the near future.

Slightly off topic, but I haven't been able to find much useful on Google. We could pay cash for our vehicle when it arrives (been saving for quite a while) but feel as though we should get an auto loan for credit score purposes. Given Fords current lack of financing incentives, the rate for 36 months looks a lot better than 72; BUT 72 would double the length of time we have an auto loan, thus making the credit score people happy.

So...my question is, does the size of the loan matter? If we paid the car down to $5000 or $10,000 the interest would be negligible, but would a small auto loan not provide the boost we're hoping to get to our credit? Just trying to play the game to our advantage...we're finding out that paying things off early can have negative side effects.

So...my question is, does the size of the loan matter? If we paid the car down to $5000 or $10,000 the interest would be negligible, but would a small auto loan not provide the boost we're hoping to get to our credit? Just trying to play the game to our advantage...we're finding out that paying things off early can have negative side effects.

Here in Canada, many of the banks won't offer auto loans for less than $7500. They gotta make money some how.

We pretty much use the credit card for all expenses and then pay the balance in full monthly. Two cards total. Always paid in full, never late. No student loans, mortgage, or auto loans. Our bank provides a free credit score, and I'm in the mid 700's, I'd like to be 800+. One of the "dings" against me was a lack of revolving payments...I interpret that as them wishing that I had more accounts, thus my inquiry as to whether a long term (72mo rather than 36mo) loan might be beneficial, and if it matters if the loan is $5000 or $25,000, and whether the credit score guys "punish" paying loans off early and thus not having them. My only other "ding" is duration that the accounts have been established, but I'm young, so I assume it's just because of that.