Your 2016 Edge order?

Chipster

I have almost the same problem with delivery of my Edge. I made an order in September for 2015 model, then dealer called me on October and told that Ford won't be able to make 2015 model, instead it's will be 2016 for the same price.

Dealer provided me a VIN number and looks like car was built in January, but it's not delivered yet. Running out of patience and started looking for other cars or brands.

Ended up waiting for dealer stock to get my 2016 Edge Sport.

Bronze Fire

401A

Cold Weather Package

Vista Sunroof

21" Wheels

Wasn't sure about adaptive cruise control and the one that I could find didn't have it which ended up making my mind up for me. Well I guess I saved a grand and don't think I'll miss it (since I never had it).

Looks amazing and I'm thrilled so far. Wife very jealous, we'll see how that goes.

It ended up coming in under "invoice". Checked out both the Truecar and Costco services. Costco seemed to come up a little cheaper in my case.

Really want to test out the 2.7 but I'm trying to be good and take it easy for the first 1000 miles in accordance with the manual break-in instructions. Am I being too cautious??

Took delivery of our Edge Titanium on Friday 2/12. Ordered 12/10, so right within the 8-10 weeks we were told it would take.

301A 2.0 AWD

Bronze Fire/Cognac

Drivers, Cold weather, Trailer tow packages

Only have about 30 miles on it so far, but everything seems as it should be as far as I can tell. I'll post a more in depth review when I get a few more miles on it.

I didn't know how I would feel about the adaptive steering, but got used to it in about 10 seconds and really like it.

Loving the Edge so far!

• Like 2

Proud owner of a 2014 Limited here. Ordered that one and waited and waited and waited for it.

But...

With all the new enhancements and upgrades, and the fact that I'm also unloading another car, I decided to trade both in for a 2016 Edge.

Ordered today:

2.0/FWD

Titanium

White Platinum/black interior

302A pkg

20" wheels

Cold weather pkg (I missed having a heated steering wheel in a previous car - it's an amazing invention in cold climates!)

Most looking forward to the improved handling and Sync3.

The wait begins. Again...

:waiting:

• Like 2

So...my Edge, ordered on 10/26 was finally built on 2/1. At that time the ETA was 2/5-2/11. Well, here we are on 2/22 and all the dealership can tell me is something along the lines of "I dunno what's happening". I'm starting to get pretty pissed...is that an appropriate reaction at this point? Any tactics I should use to light a fire under their arses? I love in the Detroit area btw...close enough, I was told, that delivery from Oakville should've been lightning quick...

Very frustrating, eh? Lots of guys are taking delivery in 8 weeks or less now. Salesman last night tried to theorize that Titaniums were having quality control issues...yeah right.

That is a possibility if it's a Titanium only part or color, etc. I know there are not a lot of Titaniums in stock yet because I'm looking for one.

Although I'd hate to acknowledge that a salesperson might be right since 95% of the time they seem to either be guessing or making stuff up.

So...my Edge, ordered on 10/26 was finally built on 2/1. At that time the ETA was 2/5-2/11. Well, here we are on 2/22 and all the dealership can tell me is something along the lines of "I dunno what's happening". I'm starting to get pretty pissed...is that an appropriate reaction at this point? Any tactics I should use to light a fire under their arses? I love in the Detroit area btw...close enough, I was told, that delivery from Oakville should've been lightning quick...

The dealership won't have much pull in getting anything moving any faster. What ever Ford is doing at the plant...they are going to do it regardless of what some dealership has to say. It sucks you can't get a clear answer and maybe someone that has good connections can provide some insight on the possible hold. But most of the time I read that dealers get minimal information too (for good reason).