Your 2016 Edge order?

Chipster

I ordered Oct 31st.

Mine is little complicated, Originally I ordered 2015 Edge Titanium, Guard Mettalic during last week og employee pricing on 2nd September. After a month I was told that ford is not making any more 2015 as they are backed up. So they offered me 2016 for same price or I can pick anyone from lot. Expecteddate was December so I thought I wait another month and get 2016 with Synch 3.

Then I was informed Guard Mettalic was Discontinued so I picked Bronze fire.

Mine is little complicated, Originally I ordered 2015 Edge Titanium, Guard Mettalic during last week og employee pricing on 2nd September. After a month I was told that ford is not making any more 2015 as they are backed up. So they offered me 2016 for same price or I can pick anyone from lot. Expecteddate was December so I thought I wait another month and get 2016 with Synch 3.

Then I was informed Guard Mettalic was Discontinued so I picked Bronze fire.

Has your dealer given you a VIN yet? With that you can get the Window sticker. Then you should be able to follow up and get more details closer to the build and delivery dates.

Received a quote today for 2016 Sport and was wondering if this is something I should act on, or push a little harder at the dealer. Thoughts?

2016 Ford Edge Sport

Bronze Fire

401A

Panoramic Vista Roof

21" Premium Painted Wheels

Cold Weather Package

Adaptive Cruise and Collision Warning with Brake Support

MSRP $49100

Quoted $46400

Anyone seeing any better out there?

Not sure if this matters now, but I ordered a similarly equipped vehicle with X-Plan pricing and my printout stated 46,600 (see my signature for details on equipment). Mind you this was back in October. I just checked X-plan and it is 46,621. Not sure about any other rebates or discounts...I have received a few $750 coupons / cards and not sure they apply or not...

• Like 1

It might be worthwhile for folks to post their order dates along with their "received" date, so we can see what sort of build time that the Oakville plant is taking now that they are up to a more normalized production speed. (I assume)

My order was made around december 10

• Like 1

The tool definitely works. In general you won't see a window sticker until a week or so before your car is built. From what I hear the window sticker is generated the day the dealer gets invoiced for your order and your order is scheduled to a day and not just a week any more. Holidays may extend this time frame. For example my window sticker was generated on 12/23 and my order was scheduled to be built on 1/11. I had the window sticker for awhile before my buld because of the 1 week holiday shut down and according to a ford Marketing manager, they weren't scheduling any builds for two weeks. Mine got scheduled early for that reason.

• Like 1

The tool definitely works. In general you won't see a window sticker until a week or so before your car is built. From what I hear the window sticker is generated the day the dealer gets invoiced for your order and your order is scheduled to a day and not just a week any more. Holidays may extend this time frame. For example my window sticker was generated on 12/23 and my order was scheduled to be built on 1/11. I had the window sticker for awhile before my buld because of the 1 week holiday shut down and according to a ford Marketing manager, they weren't scheduling any builds for two weeks. Mine got scheduled early for that reason.

Thanks