Sign in to follow this  
Drive XR7

13 Edge, paint stock grille Ruby Red?

I love how the Sport models have body colored grilles. I have a Limited, so my grille is chrome like most others. Has anyone painted their grille to match the body color?

I have a 2012 Edge ( Bordouex color) and I purchased the 3 pieces for my grille, they were primed and ready to go. I painted them the color of my car and totally stands out amoung all other Edge's and Sports. I will try to post pics when I get a chance.

• Like 2

If your lucky enough to find someone selling them they do come up for sale from time to time. I brought a used set of grill s in tuxedo black and had them installed while I was getting some body work done. It deff changes the look of the car. I would love to get one of those raptor grills for the edge one day.

Here is what I did, purchased primed grille pieces and had them painted to match the body.

post-33518-0-54480500-1451855720_thumb.jpg

post-33518-0-55955000-1451855769_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here is what I did, purchased primed grille pieces and had them painted to match the body.

attachicon.gifgrille3.jpg

attachicon.gifgrille1.jpg

Great job, can you tell me where you got the grille pieces or what the part number is for them?

I got them off ebay just search 2012 Ford Edge grilles and you should see several sellers with primed grilles( all 3 piece sets ) ranging from $100 to $120 shipped.

Like others have said, I would purchase the factory accessory grill inserts, and have them painted. It would last much longer than painting the chrome.

Looks great MsolraC13. Do you recall how much it was to paint them? I've had 2 quotes, and they both seem pretty high. They are $235-277. That's with me walking in with the inserts, and walking out with them (installing myself).