Sign in to follow this  
Hum099

2015 Sport oil change

In the manual it says to wait for the information display to tell you when an oil change is required. I just got to 10,800 km and still have no notification. I went into the vehicle setting and under the oil reset screen it is still at 40%. This seems very strange. Has anyone got a notification yet. If so, at what odometer reading.

The OC interval is 7,500-10,000 MILES, you are at about 6,300 (63%), so right on target for a 10,000 mile/16,000 km oil change. Lot of highway driving/conservative driving style?

Thanks WWWPerfA_ZN0W. My driving is a mix highway and local streets. I have a heavy foot. I always seems to have it in sport mode. My wife drives it conservatively.

Thanks for the FAQ,but of experience on my 2011 MKX & a close friend's 2013 Explorer here where we probably get the most extreme high temps in the summer, the IOLM was always consistent at 50% life after 5000 miles or 6 months. Even Ford recommends going to the 6 month 5k mile interval instead of just stating to follow the supposedly "smart" IOLM. It even surprises me how they don't even bother them selves in programming the IOLM in cars exported to our region for their recommended 5k/6-month intervals.

Moral of the story, don't trust the intelligent part of the IOLM & use it as a simple meter. Want 5k intervals? Go for 50%. 4k 40%. And so on.

• Like 1

When it comes time to change it, just fyi, this thing is a "slow fill" engine. I put it the 5.7 liters and it didnt even touch the stick. So i hammered another couple liters in there, for a total of 8, and it was way full. Had to drain a couple liters back out. Stealership said takes about 15 min to fill.

:)

• Like 1

Did they say if it's because it's a topside filter engine?

they didn't say, just told me it was slow fill. put 5.7 liters in and wait 15 min. i did, and it was bang on