VBOX TESTED: 0-60 w/ 93 PERF TUNE vs. RPM

GT500R

Hey guys,

So based on the previous topic of VBOX tests I have done -

I really wanted to get a test done to understand how much you can gain from just a tune.

Specs -

Livernois 93 Tune

Winter Wheel Set Up

Miles = 4300

1/4 tank of 93 octane

48* F

All tests done with traction control off and Sport Mode. I used my old school Scan Gauge (like 2004 era...) to understand RPM when launching. Also note that all runs done on a private road - not a track.

aJl5Jqs.png

Took a couple videos of the scan gauge to see IAT change over the run. To be honest, it didn't go up at all during 0-60, it actually went down on the runs interestingly enough....

3mBYUjC.png

Test Notes

- Runs were performed in the order above, car is extremely consistent (last 3 runs were estimated RPM)

- 1500 RPM is not as great where it used to be pretty decent with the stock tune

- 2000 RPM is the sweet spot (maybe 2200?)

- 2300 RPM spun ALL FOUR TIRES and it showed.... I assume with a better street set up that I would grab a really good 0-60.

- Best 1/8 mile time (only one of them was 8.7 @ 81 mph - last run of the night)

- The one 91 Octane Tune I had was 5.408

- The best 93 Stock Tune I had was 5.976

- The 1 foot roll out average is 4.9 (what magazines use to test), best of 4.8!

This tune took off .806 seconds off my best 0-60 and I must say I am impressed, I can't wait to see what downpipes / intercooler pipes / intake does (maybe 0-60 in 4.8?).

Thanks Livernois Motorsports, can't wait to see how the car performs when you tweak the tune later on down the road!

-GT500R

5RV1wX4.png

• Like 2

Nice testing!

For the tuning, does the liverois unit come with the tunes preloaded? Or do you send them data from the unit after instalation (like, an e-tune type of thing)

If the latter is the case, do they charge for the additional maps?

They send the tuner, I need to pull information from the car, then they send over the tunes I want - 87 / 89 / 91 / 93. They have towing tunes also.

I am not sure if they do some sort of e-tune type of thing, I will ask though! Generally they said they want to have the car in person (Corey helped with this) to tune.

Thanks!

I did only one tank with the 93 file and no issues whatsoever. I have ran the 87,91,93 files just to see how each one reacts, the 87 is strong but not as strong as the 91/93 obviously. Nothing but good stuff so far, the trans shifts are quick and I think it takes a while to adjust after a new tune is loaded so the jury is still out in that. Will report more when I run more 93 miles.

Correct. So you'd buy the tuner, use the tuner to read the strategy code, send LME the strategy code. They would then load the tunes for that strategy code onto their server, which you would then download into the tuner, and from there into the vehicle's PCM.

It is advisable to return your Edge to stock tune whenever you take it in for service at the dealership, as they may update the PCM without your prior knowledge. When you get the Edge back, check the strategy code before reloading the tune. If the strategy code has changed, contact LME to update the tunes for the new strategy code, download the updated tunes from their server into the tuner, then into the PCM.

It also helps to carry the tuner with you, especially on long trips where you may not get fuel with the octane level you are running the tune for. So, for example, if you are running the 93 octane tune, and are going to need to fill up in a 91max area, then you will need the tuner to load the 91 tune instead.

They don't need to read the stock ECU but need to know things like strategy code and ECU part #. I read on ecoboost if you get something updated from from regarding a tune you need to have LMS update with the new strategy code I think...

Probably the best bang for buck so far is their Tuner. The numbers increase is amazing. With that said...are you unofficially confirming they are making other products in your post? I can't wait for an intake, but man...It's probably gonna have a hefty pricetag due to the maze of plumbing our 2.7 has. I plan on getting the tuner and then hopefully more exhausts are on the market. I'd gladly pay 1k for a corsa exhaust but I dunno if I can wait that long IF they decide to make one

All the attention the Edge got at Sema will tran slate into lots of aftermarket add-ons for the Edge. ...I think the Edge sport will be a blast to modify. a friend who owns lightspeed......attended the Sema show this week and heard that borla was working on a high performance exhaust for the Edge sport.

DP + Intake should do wonders.

However, I somehow worry about breaking things. Looks like just the tune itself adds ~100hp at the crank. That's 33% more power than the car was designed for. Wonder how the rest of the drive train as well as engine internals hold up. Would be interesting to see the oem vs tune boost targets. Having imploded 2 STI motors in the past I'm a little edgy about pushing that much more through the edge.

DP + Intake should do wonders.

However, I somehow worry about breaking things. Looks like just the tune itself adds ~100hp at the crank. That's 33% more power than the car was designed for. Wonder how the rest of the drive train as well as engine internals hold up. Would be interesting to see the oem vs tune boost targets. Having imploded 2 STI motors in the past I'm a little edgy about pushing that much more through the edge.

Drive train is the 6f55(very tough)..and they have been pushed well past 500 hp and still seem to hold up....now engine internals is the million dollar question, my guess is its going to be very tough with the CGI block!