2015 Ford Edge SE Front bumper OEM/aftermarket light install

edmonton.guy

Understandable, Nick! It would be great to have an American conversion kit, similar to the Chinese, but with shallow fog lights so that they fit in the OEM space and are secured by the same OEM clips. You can't get around removing the whole fascia, however. I originally thought I could simply "pop out" the OEM lights and "pop in" the replacements, but no way. Let me know how you make out when/if you decide to do it.

Hi Nick, I know how you feel about HID's from previous posts. They do exactly what I need them to do, and light the sides of the road which the OEM Halogens didn't until something better comes along. Is it possible to buy projectors for Hid exclusive??? I would be happy to get those! It was complete lack of engineering on the Platinum Edge not to have HID's. I have the platinum version which you would have thought would be standard on.

Werbs

Hi Nick, I know how you feel about HID's from previous posts. They do exactly what I need them to do, and light the sides of the road which the OEM Halogens didn't until something better comes along. Is it possible to buy projectors for Hid exclusive??? I would be happy to get those! It was complete lack of engineering on the Platinum Edge not to have HID's. I have the platinum version which you would have thought would be standard on.

Werbs

yes you can buy HID projectors, that's called a retrofit. though you would have to bake open you headlights and do some dremeling to get things to fit

Understandable, Nick! It would be great to have an American conversion kit, similar to the Chinese, but with shallow fog lights so that they fit in the OEM space and are secured by the same OEM clips. You can't get around removing the whole fascia, however. I originally thought I could simply "pop out" the OEM lights and "pop in" the replacements, but no way. Let me know how you make out when/if you decide to do it.

yeah, whenever I do it, I'm installing these

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/complete-headlight-fog-light-housings/morimoto-xb-led-fog-lights-ford-cars.html#.VywsJvkrLIU

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Chinese version, I believe is a carbon copy of the UK version. Although, I'm not sure where they are built. They also have "rear" fog lights in the rear fascia. They are the two outside rear reflectors. If you have good relations with a good Ford parts person, maybe he could do research and find these within the Ford Edges parts system with the additional wiring harness .

The Chinese version, I believe is a carbon copy of the UK version. Although, I'm not sure where they are built. They also have "rear" fog lights in the rear fascia. They are the two outside rear reflectors. If you have good relations with a good Ford parts person, maybe he could do research and find these within the Ford Edges parts system with the additional wiring harness .

Chinese Edge has a 3rd row and seats 7. Body wise, the UK/North American Edge is the same.

I'm not a big fan of the DRL on my 2016 Sport also. I makes no sense to me why Ford doesn't offer the DRL/Fog set-up like on the Chinese or UK version.

I did find a site which offers DRL's with the option of installing foglights.It looks the same as the Chinese version, and they are supposed to be a direct fit.

But, Im going to wait and see if Drivebright will offer them in the near future. The website for the ones i found is

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Ford-Edge-Signature-Style-LED-DRL-Lamps-p/70-803.ht

Also the two outermost reflectors on the rear facsia are removable and replaced with the red fog lights. As on the Chinese version.

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of the DRL on my 2016 Sport also. I makes no sense to me why Ford doesn't offer the DRL/Fog set-up like on the Chinese or UK version.

I did find a site which offers DRL's with the option of installing foglights.It looks the same as the Chinese version, and they are supposed to be a direct fit.

But, Im going to wait and see if Drivebright will offer them in the near future. The website for the ones i found is

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Ford-Edge-Signature-Style-LED-DRL-Lamps-p/70-803.ht

Also the two outermost reflectors on the rear facsia are removable and replaced with the red fog lights. As on the Chinese version.

Notice all their pictures are foreign type.

• 4 years later...

Where did you find a kit to install after-market lights? I was hoping not to have to piece together the wires & the switch & connectors. bvroeg's work looks very good; always amazes me how much you have to move out of the way to get at anything in the vehicle (2015 Ford Edge SE, V6).