Sirius Travel Link

I have the Travel Link available on my 2015 SEL and after trying it twice have given up. First it frequently gets "lost" and cannot be used. I find the response time when using it so short I cannot respond in time to not have it hang up on me. Third and not least, but really weird is I can talk in a normal tone and the MyTouch functions usually work fine, but the Travel Link has a great deal of trouble "hearing" me, even if I raise my voice. I can go from system to the other and the MyLink won't hear me. I have also found the weather feature to be very bizarre as it has very little weather station info. So I use my phone to do the same functions.

I ask myself why the automakers don't make a dock for either or both Android and Apple devices and let us use readily available processes and programs that work very well. $$$ might be the answer.

I have the Travel Link available on my 2015 SEL and after trying it twice have given up. First it frequently gets "lost" and cannot be used. I find the response time when using it so short I cannot respond in time to not have it hang up on me. Third and not least, but really weird is I can talk in a normal tone and the MyTouch functions usually work fine, but the Travel Link has a great deal of trouble "hearing" me, even if I raise my voice. I can go from system to the other and the MyLink won't hear me. I have also found the weather feature to be very bizarre as it has very little weather station info. So I use my phone to do the same functions.

I ask myself why the automakers don't make a dock for either or both Android and Apple devices and let us use readily available processes and programs that work very well. $$$ might be the answer.

Are you sure you're talking about Sirius Travel Link, not SYNC Services?

SiriusXM has two add-on packages (besides their radio channels) called Sirius Traffic and Sirius Travel Link. Sirius Traffic works with your navigation system to show construction zones, accidents, road closings and other traffic related information. Sirius Travel Link provides information on weather, fuel prices, movie listings, sports scores, stock prices, red light camera locations and electric charging stations. Most of those features also require navigation to take full advantage of all of the capabilities (e.g. weather maps). Neither of those add-ons is related to voice commands so you must be referring to Ford's SYNC service when you mention difficulties hearing you. But I can sympathize with your voice command problems... sometimes when I try to make a phone call using voice commands, I swear the thing is going to say something stupid like "deploying airbags".

You can "dock" (connect) your phone using Bluetooth or USB but if you want your phone display to show up on the vehicle's display screen, you'll probably have to go aftermarket. Pioneer and Kenwood make excellent head units with Apple and Android integration (still no "dock" - you have to get your own mounting hardware) where the vehicle's display becomes an extension of the phone display.

BTW, "MyLink" is the GM equivalent of SYNC.

• 1 month later...

Looks like my new 2015 Edge cannot get travel link. The screen does not have the soft touch button on it to access the application. I had it on my 2013 Escape even tranfered my account to my new Edge. But cannot access travel link. Took it to my dealer they reloaded the program but still does not work. Am in Florida now so I took it to a Ford dealer here. They spent all day loading the program on my car then gave up. They contacted Ford support and were finally told that it is not available on Canadian cars. I am extremely extremely upset that I cannot access this feature. I used it all the time in my travels and relied on it. FORD I WANT IT BACK!

Looks like Ford has not even told their dealers because they spent an awful lot of time fixing something that does not exist.

They contacted Ford support and were finally told that it is not available on Canadian cars.

BS. It is available on old MFT (pre-2015) and on Sync3. Update 3.8 kills it, original 2015 MY 3.7 did not have it from the beginning.

It is not dealership's issue, but Ford IVT to blame.

Moreover, I am aware that some pre-2015 MFT owners were able to get Travel Link back by downgrading their MFTs back to 3.6

So whatever Ford officials tell us regarding this matter is nothing but lies.

SiriusXM has two add-on packages (besides their radio channels) called Sirius Traffic and Sirius Travel Link. Sirius Traffic works with your navigation system to show construction zones, accidents, road closings and other traffic related information. Sirius Travel Link provides information on weather, fuel prices, movie listings, sports scores, stock prices, red light camera locations and electric charging stations. Most of those features also require navigation to take full advantage of all of the capabilities (e.g. weather maps). Neither of those add-ons is related to voice commands so you must be referring to Ford's SYNC service when you mention difficulties hearing you.

FYI, I don't know about the traffic part as I don't subscribe (no coverage in the rural areas) but I do carry travel link weather, and it's fully accessible through voice commands.

Push the media button, say "travel link", 2 boinks, and say "weather", "weather map" or "five day weather forcast".

Traffic commands are listed in the manual (as well as sports, movies at local theaters, etc.)

Is it possible that there is a different version of Sync for non-US cars than US cars? I would tend to think that the hardware is the same, only the software being different. Considering this, I wonder if it would it be possible for your dealer to reflash the radio/nav unit with the US version.

BS. It is available on old MFT (pre-2015) and on Sync3. Update 3.8 kills it, original 2015 MY 3.7 did not have it from the beginning.

It is not dealership's issue, but Ford IVT to blame.

Moreover, I am aware that some pre-2015 MFT owners were able to get Travel Link back by downgrading their MFTs back to 3.6

So whatever Ford officials tell us regarding this matter is nothing but lies.

I would be willing to downgrade MFT to get Travel link back how can it be done? So far the dealer has tried to fix my 2015 edge but it is covered by warranty. But if Ford says not available on Canadian cars then any time spent would not be covered by Warranty?