I have a 2015 Edge SE, wile it doesn't say i have intelligent access on the sticker, I do have the FOBs the rear gate is intelligent access and the front doors have the wiring and the lock/lines for it. I know this because a. you can see the last two but i had the dealer in California take the door out td they said if your car is equipped it will have wiring, well it does have it, thatch said I am not sure but they may be able to activate it.

So my question is does anyone know if its true that it can just be "activated" for the front doors?

also does the gas door lock? it doesn't seem like it.

gas door does not lock. you could have them try to activate them, they probably gonna charge you 1hrs time at $60-300 depending upon dealer. FYI all 4 doors should be intelligent key not just front 2

Yes I am aware all four doors would have intelligent access. You totally missed what I was saying. My door handles are wired for it. There is no reason other then intelligent access to have wiring in the handle. I don't care i don't care if work. My question is simply, is it possible to activate since it appears the hardware is installed. The rear gate is intelligent access so the vehicle does have it active if only partly so there has to be some way for the dealer to connect and say intelligent access rear door front doors all doors. FYI the 2016 all models are intelligent access standard.

gas door does not lock. you could have them try to activate them, they probably gonna charge you 1hrs time at $60-300 depending upon dealer. FYI all 4 doors should be intelligent key not just front 2

Yes I am aware all four doors would have intelligent access. You totally missed what I was saying. My door handles are wired for it. There is no reason other then intelligent access to have wiring in the handle. I don't care i don't care if work. My question is simply, is it possible to activate since it appears the hardware is installed. The rear gate is intelligent access so the vehicle does have it active if only partly so there has to be some way for the dealer to connect and say intelligent access rear door front doors all doors. FYI the 2016 all models are intelligent access standard.

I thin kits partly there, as i mentioned the rear gat is intelligent access. not knowing the actual internal set up of the system its hard to tell, but i do know you can turn it of if you have it so it would be reasonable that all of them come with it like the 2016 and you just have to turn it on, for the rear doors you would need to install new handles wiring ext....

Hands free yes it different, it will auto unlock just like intelligent access does when i walk up to it, I asked that same question to the dealer.

Also it says not available but that doesn't mean its not available, it means its not available when you buy that model, you can have them put the aftermarket signature lights on the front and a black grill, its just going to cost you rather then getting the Sport.

That being said you can't get the pano roof installed you would need to buy the SEL with it pre installed, but with enough money you could make it a convertible is one chooses. i guess.

Edited by Blk182atn7

I thin kits partly there, as i mentioned the rear gat is intelligent access. not knowing the actual internal set up of the system its hard to tell, but i do know you can turn it of if you have it so it would be reasonable that all of them come with it like the 2016 and you just have to turn it on, for the rear doors you would need to install new handles wiring ext....

How exactly does one turn off their Intelligent Access ?

The tech said yes everything is there. Thats why he said you may be ablate activate it. But he said he hadn't worked on the 2015 Edge much so he wasn't sure.

Everything is there, huh? Did he take apart the center console and check to see if the module and wiring is there that detects the proximity keys? Plus you would need the push-button start and not an actual key start. If you wanted all the features of the Titanium, you should have gotten a Titanium.

Everything is there, huh? Did he take apart the center console and check to see if the module and wiring is there that detects the proximity keys? Plus you would need the push-button start and not an actual key start. If you wanted all the features of the Titanium, you should have gotten a Titanium.

Don't be an A55. I didn't want the titanium its a simple question. The car has the tech built in. Its there. since you are unable to read, 1. you don't need to get the Titanium to get intelligent access its standard on the SEL, Titanium and Sport, its also Standard on all 2016 models so clearly Ford made a change. 2. The rear gate opens with intelligent access 3. all 2015 Edge models come with push button start as does mine

I have read that the SE does have intelligent access enabled for the rear gate this is normal operation. And yes I was standing there when the tech took the doors apart to verify that the wiring.

this is very simple to answer yes if the hardware is there then does it need to be enabled in software, or no they used all the same hardware, but unable to enable. It seems everything is there to have it it just needs enabled.

I have not tried this may i will try this and see http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehicle-features/locks-and-security/how-to-program-your-intelligent-access-key.html

on the SEL does anyone see in the info intelligent access? I have a my key set up.

Mine also has this I have seen it do it: Accessory Mode Battery Saver for Intelligent Access Keys (If Equipped)

If you leave the ignition switched on, it shuts off once it detects a certain amount of battery drain, or after 45 minutes.

Also to JoeVic - I read it somewhere but (but it may have been and escape forum) I am unable to find it even in the owner manual it only shows how to program keys

Just because the wiring is in the doors doesn't mean you have the proximity sensors. It would be stupid for Ford to put in the proximity sensors and simply not turn them on.

When you say you have intelligent access for the rear hatch, do you mean that you can approach a locked vehicle with the fob in your pocket and touch the rear hatch button and it opens without having to unlock it first? And when it closes does it lock again? Is it powered or manual opener?

• Like 1

When you say you have intelligent access for the rear hatch, do you mean that you can approach a locked vehicle with the fob in your pocket and touch the rear hatch button and it opens without having to unlock it first? Yes i can lock it with my FOB, and walk away the rear hatch does not open

And when it closes does it lock again? yes if I walk up wit the FOB in my pocket it unlocks when I tap the button under the handle

Is it powered or manual opener? Manual open

I agree it would be stupid to put in the proximity sensors and simply not turn them on. But maybe thats a paid upgrade. I have had many cars where something was there but nothing said it was and a friend or a forum said just ask for this and they can turn it on. Of course with cost associated.

I also recently purchased a 2015 Edge SE and I also noticed that while it doesn't have Intelligent Access on the doors, it does on the rear lift gate. The salesman mentioned that it might be possible to have the service department simply enable the feature. I'm going to schedule a service appointment when I have some time for them to take a quick look.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting that the shop manual only mentions that it's the rear door handles that the SE doesn't have. All of the antennas and switches are in the door handle, so if you really do have the intelligent access door handle, then it could be possible to simply activate it by reconfiguring the BCM and maybe the DDM. But just because the wiring goes to the door handle doesn't mean the handle itself has the internal antenna and switches. Does the handle have the little hash marks on top towards the back? If so, then there might be a chance, if not, then it won't have the switches so you'll be out of luck.

Interesting that the shop manual only mentions that it's the rear door handles that the SE doesn't have. All of the antennas and switches are in the door handle, so if you really do have the intelligent access door handle, then it could be possible to simply activate it by reconfiguring the BCM and maybe the DDM. But just because the wiring goes to the door handle doesn't mean the handle itself has the internal antenna and switches. Does the handle have the little hash marks on top towards the back? If so, then there might be a chance, if not, then it won't have the switches so you'll be out of luck.

Yes the from door handles have the hash marks and a lock just like the other models. The rear doors do not.

Yes the from door handles have the hash marks and a lock just like the other models. The rear doors do not.

Yogi did you find out what was going on? Our 2015 Edge does the same thing. Rear works worth IA. Does do not.

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to make an appointment at the full service department of my local Ford dealership. I did go in to get a tire replaced (under the road hazard warranty, thankfully) but that was at the "Quick Lane" department. I asked them about the Intelligent Auto, but they didn't know and said I would need to go to the full service department.

Does the handle have the little hash marks on top towards the back? If so, then there might be a chance, if not, then it won't have the switches so you'll be out of luck.

Yes, the front handles have the little hash marks and a little lock logo.

All of the antennas and switches are in the door handle, so if you really do have the intelligent access door handle, then it could be possible to simply activate it by reconfiguring the BCM and maybe the DDM.

When I do get around to taking it to the Service Department, do you have a suggestion of what exactly I should tell them to check?

When I do get around to taking it to the Service Department, do you have a suggestion of what exactly I should tell them to check?

No, because this will not be a configuration that will be readily accessible in the standard menus. They will have to have a tech that knows how to get into the modules and reprogram them - essentially hack them. Usually you need a password to access the module and then you need to know the hexidecimal code for the particular configuration you want changed. Those things are not published or readily available to the dealer.

• 4 years later...
Guest JLJ167

Did you ever figure out if you could get the intelligence access in your door handles? I’m in the same boat with my 2015 Ford Edge SE and I really want it added even if I have to pay.