Difference between the model year 2015 and 2016 Edge Titanium

luvford2

I'm very curious as well. We'll find out for certain in a couple weeks when the first 2016s arrive.

You know, this could be solved very easily. Anybody that works on the factory floor could walk up to a 2016 Titanium and look at the seats. It's not like it's confidential information! I've been scanning the internet for dealer inventory of 2016's I will probably see a picture online of a 2016 Titanium pretty soon.

Does anyone have concrete info on when these cars will be hitting the dealer lots? I'm planning to check out a New Jersey dealer tomorrow and the vehicle locator tool shows them in line to get 10 Sports. Need to get one with my name on it if the numbers match up.

Also, what is the general price increase on the Sport with 401a and Pano roof?

first post so be gentle :)

I feel like the most impatient person in the world, but I asked the Ford chat again and got another representative... They again confirmed that Suede comes as an option in the Titanium for 2016. I wish I'd get the same answer from everybody though.

Please wait. An operator will be with you shortly.
Sabrina says:
Hello. This is Sabrina. How can I help you with your build today?
CB says:
Hi Sabrina, I have a question. It looks like in the titanium edge with 301A, if you get ebony leather, the preview changes to indicate suede inserts. but there is no mention of it in the feature list
Sabrina says:
We appreciate your interest in the 2016 Edge. I'm pulling up your build now to take a look; one moment please, CB.
CB says:
The preview looks the same as the sport model, and different from the preview if you get just 300A
Sabrina says:
OKay, thank you for the clarification. I'm checking out the build now; hang tight.
CB says:
I was confused because I saw a window sticker for a 2016 titanium with 302A and it said "suede"
CB says:
http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?token=4QxiaY4223soQr%2FOJ1C5j3KNd0aSgOnCtnvrCkZY4HAVeFbAecmVQu3SynZcGM5AIxBr%2BbojGuxaNwXqDjRNZVC%2FhQtKc6iLu31u9coJxwLje9xzUPneFVyNmhfiFkUyAdzxV08GAUA0U9FINsYhA4G%2Bclp1aYm0sqHWU1TvAwk%3D
CB says:
this window sticker with 301A also says suede: http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?token=oYDJlcnExBB%2BIitP%2F5GkAq8sAx2VmzB6iqVYwOI2hUrp37TVeN8%2FxFhhnuLoG9aDtEMgmqJ%2FBbgT6oZOFSO7Pd1HxJqXW35r4wKXSkxPyEwY%2FQjjg3EAh%2BT0JErWTMhfocy9TPcMcteEoT88MO0UP4DzMcY%2FUYp8XoOpgr1JXCA%3D
Sabrina says:
The 301A and 302A equipment groups include Perforated Leather-trimmed Sport Seats. This may the change you're seeing when selecting either the 301A or 302A groups.
CB says:
I see that, but the window stickers for only 2016 models show suede, that is not the case for 2015 models
Sabrina says:
I'm not able to pull up those window stickers. Are you able to provide me with the VIN's for each?
CB says:
2fmpk4k81gbb03029
Sabrina says:
Thank you. Let me check that out.
CB says:
2fmpk4k88gbb03030
CB says:
the build and price tool for 2015 does not change the preview when you select 301A like it does for 2016
CB says:
here's a 2015 VIN 2FMTK4K90FBC06089, the window sticker does not say suede
Sabrina says:
Okay, thank you for all this information. It'll be a moment while I review everything. Please hang tight.
Sabrina says:
I appreciate your patience while I continue to look into this for you.
CB says:
thanks
Sabrina says:
You're welcome.
Sabrina says:
The 2015 Titanium Edge comes standard with Leather-trimmed or Perforated Leather-trimmed with contrast stitching, when choosing the 301A or 302A equipment group. The 2016 Edge Titanium now offers Perforated Leather-trimmed Seats with Suede Inserts, when choosing either of the groups mentioned above. Do you like it better with or without the Suede?

• Like 2

Official and final update from Ford: The 2016 Titanium cannot be ordered with Suede.

I found a 2016 titanium on a dealer lot. The window sticker said suede, but there is only leather seating surfaces. The window sticker is in error. Ford Chat was in error.

c176cf62_o.jpeg

af5b58f3_o.jpeg

9a3b3208_o.jpeg

• Like 1

Glad you got this resolved. Personally I prefer the all leather and wished I could have gotten it in my Sport. Most probably better with your kids.........You would think Ford just started in this business with all the errors on the web, stickers, reps, etc......I am still hoping my Sport comes in with the power tilt/telescoping steering.

Let us know when u get your car.

Well in their defense, I'm sure they got a whole lot right. I am just a very detail oriented person and I don't know if many other people would have noticed or escalated the issue.

Hopefully your sport comes as advertised.

Just an FYI, if you add 301A to the titanium, it shows inflatable seatbelts as included as part of the package on the build and configure tool. This is not the case. So yes, they have some work to do to clean up their process.

Edited by cab2g

How hard can it be for them to change these seemingly easily fixed errors?? A few key strokes?

Not so...

Ford is a very large global enterprise which must follow strict practices to ensure the business runs smoothly. As someone who manages a global cloud operation, I can tell you that it may take months and hundreds of hours of effort to correct a single typo.

Usually smaller, less significant problems are left until the next major upgrade/change cycle which can be weeks or months away.

It depends on whether it was just an error on the website or an error in the data that feeds the website. You don't want the website admin to be able to just make a change on the fly - too dangerous.

The fact that it's showing up in 2 places - build and price and the window sticker - tells me the problem exists in another system (maybe more than one) and it will take some time to identify the corrections and implement them.

Also consider Ford sells 16 different vehicles in the U.S. with each vehicle having several models and several options and trim levels within each model. Keeping all of the information up to date and correct is not a simple task, thus the need for strict processes and change control.

The inflatable safety belts show up on the build and price as INCLUDED in ALL models SE, SEL,Titanium, and Sport. This is not true. I believe the only package that has them included is the Titanium 302A. All other models and configurations must have them ordered as a separate line item. If you order and want them make sure you discuss this with the dealer. It is another error in the Ford Site.