For the love of aircraft

Chipster

• 1 year later...

I climbed through her in Mesa a couple years ago at Falcon Field. That tail gunner had be be a smallish guy.  And a belly landing was rough of that belly gunner. The same day we toured B-29 FiFi at Gateway field. Bought a FiFi hat! We have old war birds flying around the East Valley quite often. 

On 4/26/2019 at 1:48 PM, Chipster said:

A picture from my 9th SOS days in Nam. Two 02-B's coming home from a Psy-Ops sortie. This one is one of my favorites...

In flight 02's 3.jpg

Did these planes have Loran C/D. I was a USCG ET that was part of the construction crew on the master station at Sattahip, Thailand Summer of 1966. Operated the station until I rotated out the 2nd of June 1967. 

• Like 1

Boy, it’s been a long time since I’ve logged in here, and all of a sudden I got a notification email from this thread. Glad to see it’s still going. 

Since I’ve been gone, I bought this airplane with a friend of mine. Best purchase I’ve ever made. It took me and my dad to Oshkosh last year, and I’m on vacation down in the Carolinas with it right now. 

B72EC041-15CB-4352-8160-90DF06704A85.jpeg

• Like 2

On 12/12/2018 at 8:38 PM, eng45ine said:

I am an avid photographer, one of my passions is photographing military aircraft. Here you'll see the Heritage Flight featuring a P51 Mustang, an F15 Strike Eagle and an F16 Viper (Fighting Falcon).

3.jpg

23 hours ago, 1004ron said:

@eng45ine     Looks like we were at the same show.

I took this in April 2010 at the "Thunder Over Louisville" show.

# Thunder.jpg

IMG_2656-crop.jpg

IMG_2751-crop.jpg

IMG_2967-crop.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2019 at 4:48 PM, Chipster said:

A picture from my 9th SOS days in Nam. Two 02-B's coming home from a Psy-Ops sortie. This one is one of my favorites...

In flight 02's 3.jpg

We had two of these accompany us on a recon insert into the Ashaw Valley. Engaged and they came along my door gunners position, fired rockets. Could have sweared theh came to a complete stop midair when he missle released. Had to swing the 50 away to avoid hitting them. So glad they were with us.

• Like 3

Actually what you describe were "A" models. (02-A's) Our's were unharmed psy-ops 02-B's equipped with one 1500 watt speaker which we blasted the VC with propaganda. We also rocked our "Grunt" brethren manning mission local firebases with a little Jimi Hendrix "Purple Haze" which was always greatly appreciated. Here is a picture of the speaker on the side of the aircraft.

02-B with speaker.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 2:32 PM, Chipster said:

Actually what you describe were "A" models. (02-A's) Our's were unharmed psy-ops 02-B's equipped with one 1500 watt speaker which we blasted the VC with propaganda. We also rocked our "Grunt" brethren manning mission local firebases with a little Jimi Hendrix "Purple Haze" which was always greatly appreciated. Here is a picture of the speaker on the side of the aircraft.

02-B with speaker.jpg

O-2B...Bullshit Bomber.  ?

• Like 2

Don't laugh :). Wife and I went on a Helicopter ride in Pigeon Forge Tennessee. We went on a 5 minute ride just to see if we liked riding for our first time in a Helicopter. We loved it and will be going back this spring for a 50 mile tour of the Smokey Mountains. We were on our way home after going to Clingmans Dome. I think Pigeon Forge is just 50 miles from our house in Clinton Tennessee. It was a fun day..:)IMG_0158.jpg.f14d26022f798a99d953291cc6f78160.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Started flight lessons in my youth but never finished...life happens. But, since I was a kid I've always loved to visit the aircraft museums and go to the air shows...that has never changed. I cannot begin to list my fave aircraft but US Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson, Pima Air and Space in Arizona, US Naval Aviation at Pensacola and Udvar-Hazy Center near Dulles in VA are some of the best places I've been.

1400933395_2008SanDiego-927.thumb.jpg.7591c327d2322c1243aff60b869bc42d.jpg

F-14 Tomcat, deck of the USS Midway Floating Museum, San Diego CA

• Like 1