Revolutions per minute

Adam Harush

Could be a bad shifter and/or transmission range sensor. Or maybe the selector lever cable needs to be adjusted to recognize the proper gear it is in. That is something you have to put the Edge on a lift or jackstands to do.

Selector Lever Cable Adjustment
  1. Disconnect the selector lever cable end from the manual control lever.
  2. Place the selector lever in DRIVE.
  3. Place the manual control lever in DRIVE.
    1. Rotate the manual control lever clockwise until it stops.
    1. Rotate the manual control lever counterclockwise one detent.
  4. Unlock the adjuster.
    1. Pry the latch up.
    1. Push the lock tab to slide it over.
  5. Slide the selector lever cable end forward or backward to align it with the manual control lever.
  6. With the adjuster locking tab released, connect the selector lever cable end to the manual control lever.
  7. NOTE: After locking the adjuster, pull back on the adjuster to make sure it is securely installed.

Slide the release tab back to lock the adjuster.
  8. Verify that the vehicle starts in PARK and NEUTRAL only and that the reverse lamps illuminate in REVERSE.

Could be a bad shifter and / or transmission range sensor. Or maybe the selector lever cable needs to be adjusted to recognize the proper gear it is in. Is it possible to know the names of these parts? So I would buy them if necessary? I am'll see what you've written, my mechanic, and I will let you know what he said, I thank you very much, thank you brother

Hello, about the problem, the shift cable, there had corrosion, does anyone know where I can buy the clips, not the cable, now it has to do with the band, I need it very urgent, http: //www.bushingfix .com / ford-edge-shift-cable-bushing-repair-kit /, is it appropriate, ?? Thanks for the help

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but this is the gear shift parts page for a 2012 Edge:

https://secure.revolutionparts.com/levittown-ford/auto-parts/2012/ford/edge/sel-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/automatic-transmission-cat/gear-shift-control-scat

8e937e9c6a8130d64b8a1797f68492fd.png

Not sure which part your link is replacing, is it #6 in the diagram?

EDIT: The kit does say it fits a 2011, so it should fit 2012-2014 (3.5L/6F50 transmission) shifters also.

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W