Revolutions per minute

Adam Harush

The software that I have experience with provides data for parameters compatible with your vehicle. Using the data streaming from the OBD2 port, they determine the type of vehicle they are connected to, and then read the data. In Torque Pro, the list of parameters available for your vehicle are highlighted in bright green, the remainder are unhighlighted. In Forscan, all the displayed parameters are available to view and/or log, AFAIK.

What specifically do you wish to know? Since the process is fairly easy, I'd recommend getting a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter + Forscan (if you only have Ford vehicles) or Torque Pro (if you want to use for non-Ford vehicles also) and playing with it. There are many helpful tips on the web on how to use the software, some videos on YouTube also.

He's not covering the fuel system/injectors, he's talking about decarbonation. Any over the counter product is NOT going to be strong enough to deal with the conditions Chris Fix was showing. Perhaps after REPEATED treatments it might work, but would take a while. Techron or if you can find BG 44K would be my preferred products for fuel system cleaning. Read their many, many testimonials on the internet. In fact, Techron (at least at one time) was specified by BMW in their owner manuals!

I should mention that I had developed a stutter last year, took it in for normal service, and they found an injector was clogged (or partly clogged).

Had them clean the injectors, they ran a cleaner through each injector, seemed to work, no stutter afterwards. Guess I should run a cleaner more often than once a year.

Service agent thought it had more to do where I had bought my gas - had been travelling and stopped at a couple or small stations. May had gotten some old Ethanol. As I had bought used, figured it was just because the previous owner had not used any cleaner while he owned it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have you run fuel injector cleaner yet, as suggested earlier? Check the fuel pressure at the rail. Also, try cranking for 5 seconds, stop, then try again. If the 2nd try is much quicker, there may be a fuel pump/fuel module/regulator issue. If the fuel system checks out, from filler neck to injector, then will need to look at the EVAP system next.

• 1 month later...

Hello friends, Is anyone having a problem, the car on a cold morning, dipping from P to R, I heard a loud boom, when the vehicle warm no problem, I checked residence of chalk, everything is normal, whether there is a link to update the computer version of the gearbox,? The tension of the vehicle, right, what do you think about?

Hello friends, Is anyone having a problem, the car on a cold morning, dipping from P to R, I heard a loud boom, when the vehicle warm no problem, I checked residence of chalk, everything is normal, whether there is a link to update the computer version of the gearbox,? The tension of the vehicle, right, what do you think about?

Sounds like the TSS & OSS need changing.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/20201-ford-edge-2007-2010-tss-and-oss-failures-will-happen-symptoms-explained/?do=findComment&comment=149803

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Friends, I need help, I stood with the vehicle in P-powered vehicle, after a few minutes, I wanted to go to D and just stuck the box of gears, turn off the motor, trying to re-light the car will not turn on, here and there I managed to get to D, but the transition between gears was smooth as water is not used, it is possible to turn the vehicle just in d, I drove up to the house, and the synagogue again to p, and again stuck, you can not transfer between gears, (there is no coordination between the gears and lights near the clock does not match, ?? what do you think, thanks in advance

Hello Friends, I need help, I stood with the vehicle in P-powered vehicle, after a few minutes, I wanted to go to D and just stuck the box of gears, turn off the motor, trying to re-light the car will not turn on, here and there I managed to get to D, but the transition between gears was smooth as water is not used, it is possible to turn the vehicle just in d, I drove up to the house, and the synagogue again to p, and again stuck, you can not transfer between gears, (there is no coordination between the gears and lights near the clock does not match, ?? what do you think, thanks in advance

It's hard to understand, but here are a few tips:

Your foot must be on the brake to shift from P to D. There is a switch behind the brake pedal that controls it.

If the transmission is in D the engine will not start - it must be in P or N.

If you park on an incline (a hill) and don't use the parking brake, the transmission can get stuck in P.

If none of that helps, the shifter itself might need to be replaced.

What this interchange, (shifter) itself is what is meant ,, ?? Friends, A s doing everything you said, but still hangs p gear, the vehicle is turned on, it goes off Did you know the gears as milk, without feeling the gear box, what does not start,? There is nothing like the computer version update of chalk or something like that

Good friend Sorry for the English. I know these tips you wrote. I stood with the vehicle a few minutes, the car was burning, in p, d wanted to go to, and it was busy, I did not know what to do. Turn off the motor, I tried to turn on the vehicle, do not turn on,. I spent a gear, the vehicle is turned off, and I was able to move in d. Gears move like milk, as there is no separation between them. Turn off the motor again in P, and caught again, and again no motive, as before. There dashboard lights, p d n, is not compatible with the chalk, the vehicle is in D, light in n. Now the vehicle in the parking lot, and is taken in P, and came on as before. Is it more understandable ??? Sorry harassment.