Official 1/4 mile run - 2015 Sport - LMS Tune | K&N Filter

GT500R

Livernois has a relationship with Ford, heck they share a dyno.

Why not just pus LMS for a harder tune?

I think they have a 93 aggressive with firmer shifts, Andy said it should only be used at the track, that might shave a tenth or two...give that a shot, same price!

I run the 93 aggressive tune 24/7. Love that tune.

-C

• 2 weeks later...

So far I have had 6 or 7 revisions. I would log, send a file then get one back in <12 hours (cool!). Only problem is they are small changes and nothing monumental (understandable). Problem is I asked for a new one as the last put me in limp mode and now I am waiting for a newer version (was told working on this internally). So.... The unleashed tune is good, but not LMS good yet. I think there is a lot lot left to tune and that is why he is working on it internally. 0-60 is around 5.6 right now which isn't bad but when you can get 5.0 or better it's not the best. It's funny as the guys on the FB group are like this is amazing so much power and yeah stock to unleashed is good but unleashed to LMS right now is the same jump from stock to unleashed. So imagine doubling your reaction from stock to LMS.

Hopefully I can get a really far revision and do a good test but I think that is months out...

How's the latest revision from Unleashed? I am looking to get their X4 and custom tune. I spoken to Torrie and he said that he has tuned a few 2.7 Edge's and would custom tune my car.

My thoughts are that the SCT route is better as it's more in demand when I want to sell the car. Any Ford product can use the X4 vs. the Livernois is locked into the vehicle and they charge $250 to unlock it for the new user.

Street tuning and datalogging is actually better as it provides real life load on the vehicle. A dyno can get you close, but tweaking the tune on the street will get it near perfect.

I just saw that Unleashed bought a Fusion Sport with the 2.7L, so that will help us Edge owners. I'm going to wait a bit to pull the trigger.

• Like 1

You are correct. Back in the Chevy days, I spoke with a few very famous tuners and they all exclusively street tune instead of dyno tuning. Their responses were similar as they especially talked about the dangers of tuning AWD vehicles on AWD dynos. When I asked why, they told me that AWD dynos tend to not be as close to tuning for something most daily drivable. That said, experience and skill also play a huge role. I suspect Livernois is probably some of the most skilled and knowledgable with regards to these Ford engines. If I molest my ECM, it will likely be Livernois.

• 4 weeks later...

Are both tunes running the same timing and boost?

I've used an SCT tuner in my Mustang previously and it seems like the industry standard amongst Ford tuners.

No, tunes are different, especially with boost, slowly drops on Unleashed and stays constant with LMS.

Timing seems to be different also. But like someone else said, Unleashed has a 2.7 Fusion so hopefully that will provide the data to make that tune 100%.

How's the latest revision from Unleashed? I am looking to get their X4 and custom tune. I spoken to Torrie and he said that he has tuned a few 2.7 Edge's and would custom tune my car.

My thoughts are that the SCT route is better as it's more in demand when I want to sell the car. Any Ford product can use the X4 vs. the Livernois is locked into the vehicle and they charge $250 to unlock it for the new user.

Can't compete with LMS yet, still needs tweaking. LMS advised you can transfer the device for $300 and that person gets 4 tunes (minus the tunes they have already provided) for their car. So it actually isn't too back of a deal with LMS.

Only reason to go with a custom tuner like Unleashed is if you start tweaking intake/intercooler/meth injection/ etc.