2016 Lincoln MKX Reserve

Just picked up this beauty last Thursday night. Luxe/Capuccino 3.7L FWD. We could not find exactly what we wanted in stock anywhere Wednesday night at the local dealer. Changed our requirements slightly, found one in Ford's dealer inventory that was in route to our local dealer, called the salesman only to find out they had just unloaded it that morning. Drove it home that night. It has the Climate and Technology packages. We had to give up the Driver Assistance pkg but got the 21" wheels and the Revel Audio. The Revel stereo sounds amazing. The 360 degree camera and approach lighting are very cool. Most importantly - Mama is happy!

med_gallery_932_10_189211.jpg

med_gallery_932_10_305513.jpg

med_gallery_932_10_645569.jpg

med_gallery_932_10_469223.jpg

med_gallery_932_10_327434.jpg

• Like 5

If the 12 speaker sounds good, I wonder what the 19 speaker Revel Ultima must sound like.

That was in the one we test drove. No CDs or mp3s though just Sirius and XM and a demo. Not sure it sounded that much better, although I think it has sound processing to make lower bitrate mp3s and such sound better.

The problem is it's only available with the $4K luxury pkg.

That was in the one we test drove. No CDs or mp3s though just Sirius and XM and a demo. Not sure it sounded that much better, although I think it has sound processing to make lower bitrate mp3s and such sound better.

The problem is it's only available with the $4K luxury pkg.

I don't think anyone would actually pay msrp for that package or least I wouldn't.

Invoice is right at $3939 so if you want it you'll have to pay for it. I'm sure some would get it just for the LED headlamps. I think the $1100 lower end Revel is a bargain by comparison. You still get adaptive HIDs.

Did you lease or buy? If so do mind sharing what you paid or are paying? When my lease was up, I went to Lincoln dealership to check out the MKX, but they weren't offering any lease deals. So I just went next door to the Ford dealer and got a good deal on a 2015 Edge Sport.

• 1 month later...

I just checked - there is no digital speedometer option any more. They must have removed it from the software.

I'm getting serious about a new Edge or MKX , again, LOL, and came across this thread. Hopefully, you have found out by now, but the MKX does have the digital speedo. Page 115 of the 2016 MKX owners manual.

Trip 1 & 2

Trip Timer

Trip Odometer

Average Fuel Economy

Digital Speedometer

Press and hold OK to reset the currently displayed trip information.

• Trip Timer— Timer stops when you switch off the vehicle and restarts when you restart the vehicle.

• Trip odometer — Shows the accumulated trip distance.

• Average fuel economy — Shows the average fuel economy for a given trip.

• Digital speedometer — Shows the current vehicle speed. Appears in the center of the speedometer gauge.

Fuel Economy

Use the left or right arrow buttons to choose

the desired fuel economy display.

MKX (CD9) Canada/United States of America, enUSA, ASO/OGC Review

Information Displays

Nope - it isn't there, despite what the OM says. Some of the folks on the MKX forum are livid about it although I can't for the life of me figure out why it's so important.

They are upset because it is listed as being there and it is not, and for the price they are paying it should be included. The competition all in that price range have it, so they feel they should have it too. I didn't have it in my 2011-2013 Edge Sport, and have it in my 2015 Edge Sport and will not purchase any future vehicle without it. If you never had a vehicle with it, so you don't know what it is not to have it. If I had purchased an MKX, I would want all the features they highlighted to be there and all the bells and whistle the MKX offers, which are numerous. Edited by blitz118