Sign in to follow this  
2007Edge

ABS- traction light blinks when turn to left, car jerks.

My problem is when I turn left on the stop sign, traction control light goes on for a second and car jerks for a second.

I noticed this problem only when the weather is cold ( bellow 2-3 C or 38 F). The road is dry and no snow.
I had this problem last winter and at first sign of spring and warmer weather I have changed the ABS sensor on the front left wheel.
All summer was OK and beginning of the winter it started again. If I press on the gas little bit more sometimes doesn't jerk. Is it faulty sensor or something else?
Thanks.

If the sensor is good and there is no visible dirt/rust contamination on the sensor/in the connector, the next suspect might be a cracked tone ring. Also, make sure the wiring/brake hoses are not binding in that area.

I would suspect the connector to one of the front wheel speed sensors but that's just a guess. Try cleaning the connectors and reseating.

Yes,today I was checking other things and I checked the tone ring, it is cracked. I have to replace it soon before winter.

Unfortunately, you have to replace the axle to replace the tone ring, IIRC :( At least one member had posted about this, maybe within the last year

EDIT:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17212-loss-of-power-and-terrible-grinding-while-trying-to-accelerate/?do=findComment&comment=127271

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/17208-trac-ctrl-kicked-in-then-abstracwrench-light/

Edited by WWWPerfA_ZN0W