Global Window Open / Close

Well it doesn't. I don't understand why either. Maybe they figure your on your way to the car so why bother? In reality not very important to me since it only works within reach of the key fob, so you are about at the car when you can do it. Open is helpful when your car is sitting close by and you have some time prior to getting in it. I might turn mine off as I would never want to accidentally open them without knowing and get caught in a rain storm. Guess it is possible to butt call the windows. B)

Do your auto-up windows work? Sometimes they lose their memory of their position so they have to be "reset" by fully closing them, then pulling up on the switch and holding for a couple seconds.

Global close works great on all 4 windows of my 2014 Fusion and 2010 MKT.

Global close works great on all 4 windows of my 2014 Fusion and 2010 MKT.

Which is why it's strange that global open only works on the front windows on the 2015+Edge and there does not appear to be a global close feature based on the reports above and the owner's manual.

Mine doesnt. Two front windows open + bamr pop, and no close. Think the purpose was to vent car after sitting in sun for several hours. If so, global close would be unnecessary.

Bummer. My 2000 Lincoln LS had global open and close on all 4 windows and the moonroof.

The purpose is to vent the car as you approach on a hot day and the ability to close the windows without getting in the car such as during an unexpected rainstorm or if you just forgot to close the wiindows at night. It's not a big deal but it can come in handy.

What, you have no windows in your house? LOL

Not on the first floor facing the driveway. Garage and family room on that side and the family room has a 2 story fireplace and 2 story windows facing the back of the house.

So no I can't see unless I'm sitting on the toilet in the upstairs master bath (backwards)......

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased 2016 Sport. Global open (well hemispherical anyhow) works. I can think of a few situations where you might want to rethink the decision to open but you have to have the engine running to close the windows once in the vehicle. If you cannot reverse your decision to open using the fob perhaps this particular option is not an answer to a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

How do you operate this? It only worked once for me and that's it. In my BMW X6 i only press the unlock for more than 3 seconds and they all go down, i did the same thing (with the EDGE Sport 16) and the first time it works, now it doesn't lol. Do you need to be more than 5ft away from the car or only works when you stand next to it?