Foglight Prewire?

Is there a possibility that my Edge SE could be pre-wired for foglights? The reason I am asking is that I had a different car that I thought would have taken a LOT of work to install fogs have the wiring already in place ('94 Maxima GXE) and I am wondering if Edges are the same way.

If so, I am going to have fogs installed.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an '08 SEL that's supposed to come with the fog lights standard but for some reason wasn't installed from the factory. The dealer ordered the fogs and when I brought it in to be installed they discovered that I didn't even have the wiring harness's installed. They said it's supposed to be installed from the factory so hopefully it's there on yours!

I hope so as well. I want to install these on the Edge ASAP.

I will have a definite answer for you guys this weekend, parts should be here tomorrow to install for lights on edge, using the parts list on this forum in a different thred...

Edge will be up on ramps Saturday night... More info to come..

Guessin i am the Guinna pig here!

I will have a definite answer for you guys this weekend, parts should be here tomorrow to install for lights on edge, using the parts list on this forum in a different thred...

Edge will be up on ramps Saturday night... More info to come..

Guessin i am the Guinna pig here!

Absolutely. :D

Just wondering if anyone has physically looked for that wiring harness yet........................I was at the dealership yesterday so I asked at the service dept about the SE being prewired for foglights. This mechanic did not think that it was, and you would have to add the harness. Anyone can varify this yet??

Just curious what will you do now?? Are we able to get that harness separate and run it with a new switch?? Interested in doing it myself, let me know what you discover.

No prewire.....

I have a fog light wiring harness, bought it form local store, its a AEM, comes with a relay and all equipment needed to install lights. Tonight i am going to take the dash apart, and attempt to find the wire that comes outta the stock switch to work the fog lights. I bought a new headlight switch from ford with the fog light option. installing the lights was easy! Crawl up under car, i took the bottom plastic piece off, reach up, and the stock black grilles come out,(where the new lights will be going), and the fog lights and new grills just clip in. Tonight i am going to wire, ill get back to you guys tonight or tomorrow....

Just curious what will you do now?? Are we able to get that harness separate and run it with a new switch?? Interested in doing it myself, let me know what you discover.

The dealer is researching this for me. According to another person who works there, I would not only have to require the harness but also an electrical module. If I have to do all of that, I am going to have to go aftermarket since it would be highly expensive to add them with the proper modules.

However, the wierd thing is that when I researched the parts list at Team Ford, there is nothing about modules listed.

The dealer is researching this for me. According to another person who works there, I would not only have to require the harness but also an electrical module. If I have to do all of that, I am going to have to go aftermarket since it would be highly expensive to add them with the proper modules.

However, the wierd thing is that when I researched the parts list at Team Ford, there is nothing about modules listed.

True that! Its probally a relay, or something else along the lines of that...

Also, HID install came out GREAT!!! 6,000 K low beams, looks good, easy install!! :rockon:

I looked at the wiring diagram for the fog lights and don't see any other modules needed, just a relay in the smart junction box(assuming all the other wiring is in the box for the fog lamps already, otherwise you'll need a new smart junction box).

When you replace the non fog light switch, with the new headlight/fog light switch, you can hear the relay clicking to turn on the fog lights. I could not however find the wires leading out of the Smart Junction Box to run to the fog lights. There is a Tan wire with a yellow stripe on the plug for the head lights switch, that same wire is also going into the SJB, I tapped into that wire, to use as the latching 12 Volt signal wire for the AEM relay harness I installed to use with the new OEM fog lights... I spent a lot of time in the foot well of the Edge attempting to locate the fog light wires and was unsuccessful...... Otherwise, it’s a pain in the ass!! But worth it, next I will probably be adding HID to the fog lights…

• 2 weeks later...
I looked at the wiring diagram for the fog lights and don't see any other modules needed, just a relay in the smart junction box(assuming all the other wiring is in the box for the fog lamps already, otherwise you'll need a new smart junction box).

That's what the dealer told me. I think it's BS.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably a stupid question, but I'm not the most electrically inclined when it comes to automotive wiring. :) About 10 years ago I bought a set of aftermarket fog lamps for my 5.0 LX and just spliced them into the wiring for the parking lights. They worked fine, but I'm assuming that isn't an option for the Edge?